title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, June 17, 2019


I got an e-mail notice Friday that the Meijer store was having their 10 for $10.00, 11th one free sale.  I needed cat food and me food and of course, Diet Pepsi.

So up to the Meijer store, because you know how much I love to shop on a Saturday...NOT! With 457 of my closest friends joining me in the store.


NO 10 for $10.00 sale going on. Apparently I did not read my e-mail carefully enough--it started Sunday.



I had my list and my $40.00. I figured it would cost me $36.00.



Got up to the check-out, back is screaming in pain, thanks to my Meijer M-Perks I got $3.00 off my order. Grand total = $37.32.



Took the $10.00 left from Thursday's lunch, when I DIDN'T get gas, and put it in the tank. 3.80 gallons. Got me up to 1/2 tank again.



I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 
I had a few tears of frustration as I started home and then had to wait in traffic for several families of Geese to cross Grand River Road.
That made me laugh!

===================
I did absolutely nothing this past weekend.  It rained most of both days, so it was a good excuse to stay in my recliner, watch the golf tournament and crochet.  I also made out a list of things I have to get done.  So far, at 10:40 on this Monday morning, I haven't done any of them.  LOL
=====================
I have a new lawn mowing guy.  The guy I've had for 10 years is going to retire, so he is trying to get as much $$ as he can and is only mowing large lawns or people that want to be mowed every week.

I can only afford every other week--$20.00 a mow.  He suggested another guy so Jackie and Dar and I had him mow....and an awful job he did!  Still charging $20.00.  There were areas that were either too long or scalped.  Even if the grass was wet, he'd mow.  Two hours later, when the sun had dried up the grass, it would stand up and be 5-6 inches long again.

Two weeks ago, Dar hired on a guy that is a cousin to our mutual friend Sheila.  When he was done mowing, Dar's lawn looked like carpet!!!  So Jackie and I talked to him about doing ours.

He and I had a separate chat.  I told him I could only afford $40.00 a month, so I could only get mine done every other week.  He offered to do mine EVERY week for $10.00 a mow.  He said as long as he was doing Jackie's and Dar's across the street, it wouldn't be any problem to come over and do mine.  He does a great job!!

The three of us chipped in a little bit of money to get business cards made for him and Dar went around passing them out to people in this area of the park.  She also gave some to our original mowing guy, telling him that we didn't like the guy he suggested and when he is ready to retire, to give his customers the new guys business card.  

This new guy has said he will also help with other lawn maintenance chores--trimming hedges, weeding our gardens..whatever we need.  The other guys don't do that--they only mow.
=================
Well--I'd better get going on that "chore list".  Of course, there's always tomorrow.  LOL

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! A little gleam of positivity in your life! What a great guy to mow every week for $10. And your special treat ... Diet Pepsi! Good news for a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepsi and cat food can make a whole world of difference. Can't live with a cat (or dog) that's not happy with his food.

    Glad you found a good lawn guy. I hate it when the good ones retire. That happened to me this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about lawn mowing situation! Nice of y'all to have cards printed up for him. I can't imagine having to pay $20.00 for your yard. Glad you don't have to anymore.

    I hate when people retire (well, except for us lol) but the woman who was cutting my hair that I loved the style so much; well, she didn't retire actually, she went to work in a bar. Guess tips are better there. lol

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you found someone to mow the lawn at a price you can afford! That's nice of him! Rich always takes advantage of the Pepsi sale at Meijers. OF course, now Kroger has it for 88 cents when you buy 4. I wish they would do their sales on separate weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT news about the new mowing guy! What a gem. Bake him some cookies, maybe. As for your list of chores? Do what you can and let the rest slide! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really good mowing guy! Nice.
    I don't like knowing you ave ad or sad things to write about...I'm gad you can share it with others. I wish I could do that half as well as you right now.
    ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fella your new lawn man is. Hopefully things will get better for you. Many of have "down times" You are not alone. Cheers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete