title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, February 4, 2018

What is wrong with me?

Such laziness abounds in this house!!  I can't believe how I let things go.  I see gray cat hair on my navy blue couch and shrug.  I see pieces of thread, cat hair, crumbs on my almost new gray/blue carpet and shrug.  I step on bits of dry cat food, or cereal on my kitchen tile, and kick it off to the side.  

There is a lovely layer of dust, very visible on all surfaces in the living room.  Oh well.

For some unknown reason, in the bathroom the other day, I decided to clean it.  That cleaning "frenzy" lasted all of the half hour it took me to clean.

The top of my dryer is layered with clothes that have been folded, but not put away.  My bra, that has been dry for a week, still hangs from the hanger on the pole above the dryer.

My dishwasher is sitting, door open, racks pulled out, with clean dishes that were washed yesterday, still sitting there, not put away in the cupboards above.

This computer/office/den room looks like a hoarder lives here.  My cooler that I used for the Christmas spaghetti sauce Christmas gifts, sits by my dusty book shelves.  My nice long table, where I like to lay out and put genealogy pedigrees together, is so covered with...stuff, that there wouldn't be enough space to lay an 81/2x11" page, without having to move something.

The desk?  Stacks of paper, the only clear space is where my keyboard sits and room to move the mouse around.

The bird feeders are empty!

What is wrong with me?
==================
I don't like nor do I watch professional football.  Except for the Super Bowl.  That comes on tonight at 6:00.  It is now 11:00.  That gives me 7 hours to clean up this place.

Unless, of course, I sit down in my recliner to rest my back and notice there is a good movie on TV and pick up my cross stitch or crochet project and get distracted.

What is wrong with me???


13 comments:

  1. We don't get enough sun in the winter and it makes us lethargic. Maybe choose one area to clear? You will feel better and then can sit and stitch and watch the Super Bowl!

    Mels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say my git up and go got up and went.
    What helps me is to set a timer for 15 minutes,work on one thing until the timer goes off and take a 15 minute break and then repeat until the job is done.
    Winter is the worse because I just want to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever is wrong with you, I'm afflicted also. Trying to get some energy physically, and mentally, seems to be a lost cause these days. There's lots that could be done, but I ain't doing it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is wrong with you that isn't wrong with most of us in the winter and especially at our age living in a cold climate. You're too hard on yourself, trying to live up to a standard you set for yourself in your prime of life. You are accomplishing lots of things with your research, sewing and keeping your brain active. You're not lazy you're just focused on areas that are more interesting than housework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right here with you for sure! I don't have the cold and snow, but doldrums for sure. And can't really figure out why this year is so rough on so many!

    Just six more weeks??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy... the other day I found a bird’s nest on one of my trees in our front yard, and immediately thought of you… for reminding me, on one of my post, that even in winter there’s beauty everywhere to be found. For little joys and thoughts of spring… I was cleaning my winter garden the other day and was delighted to find life sprouting from under such thick blanket of debris. Yes, spring is around the corner, soon we will be planting roses and collecting petals. Looking at a messy house knowing you have hours of housework ahead of you can be depressing, but don’t look at the whole picture… break everything down into smaller tasks, a little work here, a little more there, one hour here, thirty minutes there one room at a time, and soon each room in your house will be perfectly in order and looking marvelous again. Then you can sit down, look around and say “I did it… I did this!” I promise, you’ll feel so much better then!

    Sending you rainbows of hope and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty much how I see things, and for a good while now. Just dust and no motivation to do anything about anything!! 😕

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Cielo's comment about working 15 minutes at a time. I think that's good advice. After my husband died and the doldrums were setting in, I read that when we feel like we just can't shake off the feeling and want to sit and do nothing, just get up and do something, whatever we see that needs attention, and soon the motivation will rise up again. It often worked for me. Now I'm making to do lists again. It makes me plan and then work the plan. I'm accomplishing some things I've let go for too long. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's wrong is you're not motivated. It happens to everyone, from time to time. When my daughter moved to Columbia and started her housecleaning business to support herself and Dagny, I was suffering so much with hip arthritis that I could not do housework. I kept the kitchen clean and the bed made, and TG did the vacuuming. That was about the extent of it. I don't leave clutter around so that wasn't really a problem, but very little actually got cleaned. Now Audrey cleans for us once every two weeks and as long as she wants the work, I'll pay her to do it because it's nice to have the bathrooms done and some light dusting and the FLOORS which used to drive me crazy. BUT for you, I think the key is just making a start. Often just getting one little job done, will make you feel so good that you tackle another little one. Also I like lists because it's fun to cross things off. Above all don't be hard on yourself. It will all get done. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my heavens, I’ve been coping with that same disease for way too long and I don’t have the excuse of saying it’s the cold and the snow. Too much warm weather as I have here can aggravate the situation, too. Procrastination and interest in anything else but.....is my problem, I think, .... plus having no family around here, so I know I won’t have unexpected visitors — no one will see or know about my mess. You won’t tell anyone, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wasn't that game great? I don't usually watch football but I enjoyed that. Mostly because H was happy about the Eagles winning.

    ReplyDelete