title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

What a change...........

............in weather that is.  A 20 degree drop in the temperature and the absence of humidity, almost makes it feel cold in here.  I had to put my socks on...after opening the door and all the windows!

My precious Buddy is enjoying a nap and the cool breeze from the bedroom window.
While Maggie is enjoying the same, acting as door stop for the front door.
While I sit in my recliner, enjoying my Soap and starting on my last Shepherd.
I had to take a break from this cross stitch to do another one.  Darling Della's 1st birthday is fast approaching.  Talk about a quick year!

When my grandchildren were born, for their 1st birthday, I made an Acrostic prayer/poem for them.  The first letters of their name go down the left side, and a rhyme for each line.  Some have been challenging like: A.N.D.R.E.W.  C.H.R.I.S.T.O.P.H.E.R.

Even more so, A.L.E.X.A.N.D.E.R.  C.H.A.S.T.O.N., personally I think Jen did it on purpose to challenge me to start a line with an "X".
how about, "Xtend to him a happy life."

That was a long one and took a big frame.  E.L.I.S.E  A.N.N. was easier, as was E.V.A.N.  E.R.I.C..

At one time, I begged Karen to think of shorter names for her kids. I had just finished, S.T.E.P.H.E.N.  C.H.A.R.L.E.S.  She assured me, they were having no more children.

Then 5 years later, along came--M.A.D.E.L.E.I.N.E.  S.O.P.H.I.A. 

I figured, because I had no money to spend on a present for Della, and wouldn't know what to buy if I did have money, I'd make her one of these prayer/poems.

I already had the cross stitch fabric and of course the floss.  Everything is free-hand, which leads to a problem of hoping it fits into a regular sized frame.


Difficult to see.

D  ear God, in Heaven above,
E  nfold our sweet girl with love.
L  ord, we pray, near you'll keep,
L  et her days be happy and sweet,
A  lways guard her while she sleeps.

H  elp her grow in truth and light,
E  ager to seek what is fair and right.
L  et no harm come and no strife,
E  ver near, to protect her, all her life.
N  ow we ask all this will be,
E  ternal Father, we pray to thee.
                                           Amen

Sometimes, it's difficult to come up with a rhyme--especially when the names are not an even number of lines.  Like, Della is 5 lines--I had to add an extra line that still rhymed. Then I end up with 3 lines with the last word rhymimg.  Upsets my OCD.  HAH. 

Looks like it will fit a 10X12 frame or if I mat it, 12X14.
==================

9 comments:

  1. How old are your cats, now? They are so sweet. My dog acts like a doorstop, too.

    Your cross stitch is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To rhyme all those lines! That would have stopped me, before I even started!

    Let alone doing the cross stitch. Which I can't do. My daughter does all such. Knits mostly now. Even spins her own yarn at times.

    My mother sewed beautifully and my mother-in-law knit. So, that's where her hand work genes come from! ,-)

    Pretty kitties. Love the one on the bed. :-))) They do know how to r-e-l-a-x! -happy sigh-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, how could I forget???

    Your weather broke!!!!!!!

    Ours is coming.

    That ding-dang high or low or whatever..... Blocking our Autumn, across the country.

    I looked at the barometer and it is moving toward 'down.' Think that's what has to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that, Judy!

    It is currently 87 degrees in this house; the a/c still not fixed. So I'm kind of a grump. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still so hot and humid here today, but I think the cooler weather is coming tomorrow!! Poor Sally, I can't even imagine!!

    Your needlework is looking beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely beautiful gift for these children! Something to be treasured always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love original gifts that come from the heart (and hand). Money is irrelevant because you can't put a price on these heirlooms. Well done. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful idea. It's something your grandchildren will cherish. Love those cat pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful gift for her! Loving this cooler weather! Means I can stop using my treadmill and walk outside (for now)!

    ReplyDelete