title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, October 3, 2016

Busy day...and an idea

Doctor had called me in because "I want to discuss your chest x-ray."

That can be a scary thing, so I went into my Patient Portal and found the results of my mammogram and chest x-ray and both were fine.  But--I complied, as I had a whole bunch of running around to do today anyway.

While I was there, I got a prescription renewed, my BP taken--132/68 heart rate: 60, and got my flu shot.  He came bouncing into the room all, "Wow!  You look great.  How are you?"
"Wonderful...so far," I said.
"I wanted to go over your chest x-ray.  Why do you get one every year?"
"Because I smoked for 57 years."
"Waste of time for that.  Chest x-ray won't show anything significant, unless it was a very large tumor.  Instead you need to get a low-level CT scan."
"Okay."
"How old are you?"
"Seventy-seven."
"Nope.  Cut off for CT scan is seventy-five."
"Well, there is nothing wrong with my lungs."
"Nope.  No worries.  I just don't like you getting radiated like that every year when it won't show anything important."
(Couldn't he have explained all this to me over the phone?)
"You're so healthy.  Get outta here!"
"Okay.  See ya in January."
He stopped, "Why January?"
"Because that is when I get my blood work and check-up done.  January and June.  Remember?  You said I didn't have to come in only every six months, instead of three."
"Okay.  Get outta here."
===============
So--I got outta there and went over to Lowe's. 

With old age setting in and balance problems, this just doesn't get it anymore.



So, today at Lowe's, I got this, and this, gets it!!!


Then I took off the other way and went down to Brighton. 

I had put in a pre-order at the Rich People's Store this morning and picked up my Antipasto Salad, Macarpni and Tuna Salad, Seafood Salad and 1/2# of their old fashioned bologna sandwich spread.

I found it humorous that the lady said, "I hope this is the right Antipasto Salad.  It's on lettuce, not pasta."
I said in my sweetest voice without a sneer--"The word Anti, means against or no.  So an Anti-pasto salad would mean...with no pasta."
"Really?"
=======================
I stopped at Michael's on the way home for two skeins of embroidery floss for the baby quilt.  I don't think I am ever going to get the thing done.  Baby is due in 16 days!


Now--for my idea.  Wanting a room divider of sorts between the fireplace and the kitchen and to break the "eyes" view of walking in the front door and seeing straight through to the bedroom--

I got these:

and I ordered these:

I think sand and shells will go in this one.


I think the succulent will go in this one.


Not trusting my ceiling to hold up anything heavier than a fly speck, I dipped the threaded part of the hook into Gorilla Glue and screwed it into the ceiling, about 6 inches from the corner of the fireplace edge.  Just one.  I will see if it holds tomorrow.

Then, I may get a blue/green glass ball, and an amethyst glass ball and one more--because we never do anything in pairs.  3 or 5.  The Japanese way.

Then, I may have something that looks similar to this. Which hangs down between the back of this woman's couch and the open stairway.

We shall see.  Up where the cat can't reach it and just suspended there between the fireplace and the kitchen table.

Hm-mm?

Now--where do I find filament to hang them with?

14 comments:

  1. Fid a fisherman or a bait and tackle store, they will have lots of filament. LM's house is knee deep in it!! Love your ideas, and congrats on the great health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the balls will look good to add a little separation between your two room. I think you can get filament at Hobby Lobby or in sporting good departments. Fish line comes in different weights to match the weight of the fish you're trying to catch.

    Glad your doctor delivered good news. Good decision on the ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for the good news on your health! Awesome.

    I have a step type ladder similar to yours and it comes in vey handy. You're going to love the divider. These remind me of the light bulbs I hung in the kitchen window with the flowers inside (remember?).

    You're a smart cookie, and oh I didn't realize the baby was due this soon. Prayers for a healthy mama and baby! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on amazing health! You go girl!! I love love love the ornamental balls filled with different things. You are so creative.

    I always use that kind of step stool. Even then I try not to use the top step! I'm a weinie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea! These ornamental balls will look intriguing and graceful. If the hooks don't hold, try using a winged plastic anchor, not the regular plastic anchor, for them.

    If I were a cynic, I'd say the MD can bill an office visit and not a phone call. Glad it was over 'nothing'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get my flu shot anyway, so not a wasted trip.

      Delete
  6. Yep, I was going to say fishing line too. All the stores you go to will have it, except for the rich people's store, JoAnn's and Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. and they have that at Walmart or meijer - wherever you are!

      Delete
  8. FYI antipasto means before the meal, From the latin ante meaning before and pastels, meaning meal, pasture. It is the traditional first course of an Italian meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. Gosh! I stand corrected.
      Someone told me what I thought was correct many, many years ago.
      I always believed it!
      Well--it may be a first course, but it is so big, it is my entire salad. LOL
      Thanks so much for correcting this mis-conception of mine.

      Delete
  9. you are pretty perky for 77!! i would give up a lot to have your health!! i would use fishing line to hang those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad everything's well in your world!
    Cute idea...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Antipasto means "before the meal," from Martha Stewart

    ReplyDelete