title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, October 21, 2016

It's Friday--already?

I was so tired when I got home last night, I could barely sit in my recliner without falling asleep, let alone write a blog post.

Lunch with the Old School Gal Pals.  I took my camera with me, thinking that I could get some nice pictures of fall color along the way.

The minute I drove out of the park, it started raining!!































When I got to the restaurant, 37.1 miles, it was still raining.










When I left the restaurant, 2 hours later, it was still raining.
 When I got to the farm, it was still raining and....................when I left the farm 90 mins. later, it was still raining.

When I stopped at Walmart, it was still raining and..........






When I had to stop at the Middletown Market to get the milk, I had forgotten to get at Walmart, it was still raining.

...and when I pulled into my driveway, 1.5 miles from the market,
it had stopped raining.
82.7 round trip.




9 comments:

  1. You dashboard zoo seem happy to have gotten a nice ride, rain and all. Even with the rain your colors were bright in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Freddie puppy, my gray coon and my Holstein cow love going on a ride

      Delete
  2. Taking pictures when you're driving in the rain? Oh, come on! Crazy person, but I love's ya. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that not always the way it is? You're at home for the day and the sun shines brightly. You have to spend the day on the road and it's rain all the way. You think, it sure will be fun to get home and snuggle down and hear the rain on the roof. By the time you get home? Sun's out! You're having nice fall weather there, though. The color is nice. We are barely getting underway and it's too dry. I love me a rainy cool fall day when I can stay indoors and cook and hibernate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a lot of driving to have lunch! I haven't driven in the rain for over a year ... that will be changing soon! Probably I will not be driving at night and in the rain.

    Maui spotted it's first whale of the season! Right on schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dreary, dreary, dreary. Nice to cuddle up with the kitties and forget about rain. Hey! Did you enjoy lunch with your Gal Pals?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you had to ride out in the rain. Loved the pictures.
    Man it looks wet there!It rained here this afternoon,too, and it was welcome...I wasn't planning to go out today, and it helped me get some things (almost nil, but still!) -- 3 loads of laundry, throwing out old papers as I did them, and cooking fresh sausage an sweet potatoes with honey, cinnamon and a little butter, and some sweet peas. Simple, but hey--I was grateful to be above ground and able to take some baby steps until I'm fully done with PT! Maybe, if nothing else happens---I will be! Have a nice weekend!
    Trudy in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are doing much better, Trudy!! Any day we are on the topside of the sod is a good day. :-)

      Delete
  7. it rained here on saturday and i like to stay home when it rains. too bad you had so much to do!!!

    ReplyDelete