title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Terrific Tuesday

October 18--slept with my bedroom window open last night (unusual for this time of year) and woke to a lovely sunny morning.

The view from my three windows from my computer chair:





 

The view from my recliner:




A raucous Blue Jay at the feeder 


A Blue Jay with Mr,. Squirrel waiting for his turn
(see his little ears behind the bird?)

Mr. Squirrel's turn and then...........


When he left, two Blue Jays

This goes on all day long.
============================
Last April, I bought a special paint to put on my porch steps and floor.  The stain I put on 4 years ago was wearing off and looking awful.  This is paint made especially for high traffic steps/porches/floors.

I finally got around to opening the can this morning and painted the steps.  Took all of 20 minutes.

YIKES.  I wanted a bluish tint to the Gray.  I got bluish tint to the blue.  Too blue.  Not to be undaunted and because we have only one more day of guaranteed good weather, I got the original gray stain I had used and the blue I opened and put them in the trunk of my car.

Off I went to get my new tires put on--goes they are groovy.  Nice deep grooves in their treads.

Then I stopped off at Walmart and picked up my prescription, then across their parking lot to Lowe's.  I hauled in the cans of paint and said, "I want this kind of paint--the floor paint, but I want it the color of this stain."

No problem!  I was hoping and asked if they had a recycling program for half full paint cans because we are not supposed to throw them in our trash.  But...they don't.
===============
Pulled out of there to head home and stopped at Big Ray's to get an oil change.  "Ma'am, you have a thousand miles left before you need an oil change."

"I know.  But look at the date.  I only drive about three thousand miles a year, so I get an oil change every year."

"Fifty thousand four hundred miles on the odometer.  Is that One hundred and fifty thousand?"

"Nope.  Those are actual miles."

"Wow!"

Got the oil change and drove across the parking lot to the car wash.

Man!  That old car of mine shines up nice!!
================
Got home, came inside, opened up the back door and went out and painted the front steps again.  Perfect color!!!
You notice I was smart enough to open the back door so I would have a way to get back into the house?

Dar and John are always ragging on me because I "never go anywhere or do anything."  They are the kind of people that seem to HAVE to go somewhere every day in their car.

So today--I went somewhere and did everything.  I went to the BIG mall on Sunday and managed the round-about.  Yesterday, I went to the bank and the gas station and ordered my tires.  Today, I ran all over the place--well, within a 4 mile radius.  Thursday I go to lunch with the gal pals and visit my sister and Friday, to the Dentist.

Tomorrow is a day off and I will paint the porch steps a second coat and perhaps get the porch floor done too.


8 comments:

  1. I would feed the squirrels and bluejays if Levi wouldn't bark at them, but that's a hopeless task, teaching him that. I'll be your birds love them.

    We are suppose to have a nice day left on this side of the state, too. I will be on a color tour which is good timing but I would have liked to have one more painting day, too. Have fun with your porch painting but be careful and pace yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get back to Portland to feed the birds. Maui doesn't have much variety ...

    Gosh you are keeping busy!! And ready for winter!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful weather your way
    and the same here by the woods.
    You are getting a lot done
    happy for you :)
    and mileage is about the same for me.
    We are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think you do plenty! Why be busy all the time of you don't have to? It's been beautiful out for sure! I am looking forward to the humidity being gone for a while, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing really, Judy. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are an active person judy!! i am one to do several errands in one trip, on one day. i don't spread them out or go out every day (not that that is anyone's business) geez!!!

    i didn't know/remember that you feed the birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're ticking things off the list - inspiring! I've been like a kid in the candy store during this warm spell. Some play, some chores. Riding my bike, cleaning the gutters, raking leaves. Gotta clean the bird feeders and set them up. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound like me (well, not the paining part because my family will not allow me to pick up a paint brush) ... I like to drive around a lot but almost always close to home. I like knowing I can be home inside of 10 minutes in case I need to change my shoes or use the potty or have a snack, haaahaha. I admire your industriousness in getting the porch and steps painted. And I love your view from the recliner. What a great feeder and cuuuuuute critters! xoxo

    ReplyDelete