title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, December 12, 2014

Two Weeks Until................

Even after all these years of blogging, I am still finding new (to me) and wonderful blogs to read.  I have to add them to my "list" so that when they post something new, it appears on top to let me know.  The "Blogs I Follow" list on the right side-bar of this page is becoming ridiculously long, LOL.

I noticed also that quite a few of my blogger friends now require us to put in the number when we comment.  Not a problem, if I can see the number to put it in the box, LOL.  If you don't put the correct number in, you have to put in a new one and.............it gets annoying.  If  you ever see that "type in number" thingie pop up under comments on my page, please let me know.  I will go in and kill it!

The days have been busy.  Satisfyingly busy--not hectic busy.  I have mailed my Christmas cards and a Christmas package.  I have only Jennifer and my youngest grandbabes cards to mail, which I will do tomorrow.  Reason being--I want the kids to get their cards while Pammie is there baby sitting on Monday, so she can read the Curious George one to Evan and to report to me what the kids thought of their personalized "made just for you" cards.

I am quite troubled about Pearl.  I had to run up town to get a prescription filled and decided, after three years of people telling me to, buy a jug of Red Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate and start drinking it daily.  Suppose to be good for arthritis, insomnia, gout.  Now, Pearl has gout just terrible and arthritis.  So I got her a jug too--this stuff is pricey!

I stopped in at their place on the way home, gave her the stuff, along with the research I had done on it and asked her to please try it.  To use the whole bottle, a bit each day--2tsp. in a glass of water, or soda water--and not judge it until she had finished the whole bottle--probably a month from now.

She takes massive doses of Aleve--which can tear up your tummy--and now informed me that she is having a bleeding problem!

She isn't quite sure what area it's coming from (?).  It could be her bowels or her urethra or her vagina.  How can you not know?  She has made an appointment with a gynecologist--thank goodness.

Merle came down, when I left, and helped me carry in some heavy groceries and...we talked a little bit.

"Thanks for giving her that juice.  I'll make sure she drinks some every day."

"I hope it helps.  She is in so much pain...I can't stand to see her like that."

"Ayup.  She can hardly walk and she won't even try.  She just sits in that chair all day and won't even go to the store.  I gotta go and get groceries now."

"I know.  She says it hurts to walk and I tell her she has to walk.  The less she walks the more it is going to hurt and she has to start out and then increase a couple of steps everyday."

"I worry that by next spring she won't be able to walk at all.  She is going to end up in a wheel chair like our friend Reba."

"Would she consider going to physical therapy this winter?"

"That's what the doctor told her, but she doesn't want to because it will hurt."

"I know Merle, but after a few sessions, she will be able to move better and it won't hurt as much."

"I know."

"Is that why she said she didn't like my doctor.  Is he getting tough with her?"

"Yeah.  Now she wants to find a new doctor, plus she's gaining weight again."
===============================
I got to thinking about Pearl last night when I was trying to fall asleep.  Bleeding?  It could be something very simple.

A kidney/bladder infection or  Bladder cancer.
An ulcer from all the Aleve and blood in her stool or  Bowel cancer.
Ovarian or uterine cancer.  At our age, you don't bleed from your vagina for no reason!

GEEZ LOUISE!!
======================
I don't have that many gifts to wrap.  Why is it taking so long for me to get in the mood to get the job done?



My winter time friends--

Ginger


Smokey






11 comments:

  1. For the longest time I was taking 2 Aleve every day. I was doing research on it and a certain problem I thought I had and I found out that taking it daily can wreak havoc on the kidneys. I stopped taking it and now I only take it occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those meds for arthritis can cause stomach issues. I've never heard of the cherry juice but will research it for drug interactions before I try it. Sounds promising.

    I hope Pearl turns out okay. My mother had bleeding like that that turned out to be a badder/kidney thing and quite serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks as if the squirrels and birds are enjoying your restaurant! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried the juice and glucosamine sulfate...not sure if it really helped much and was very expensive. What I found that worked better for me was Move Free. Whatever is in it worked better than plain glucosamine. I could feel the difference after a week or so and after months I feel really good. I did stop for a while to see if I really needed them anymore. After a few weeks the aches, pains, and stiffness returned. So now I take them again and my knees are doing great again. The good part is that there are no side effects as with NSAIDS. My doctor who doesn't promote or discourage alternative meds, says its safe and okay to use. I don't know if this will help more severe cases of arthritis, but this is my experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Move Free does work good. I guess I am trying to find something to help Pearl more than me. She really needs physical therapy and to get moving again, but she is one stubborn German/Swede!!

      Delete
  5. Hey Judy - just wanted to let you know, "blo*ger" somehow went into our blogs and put that "numbers" thing on our blog. Or, it could have been done in error. But, the thing is, no one has to type that; just post the comment and it goes through. Several people have made not on their blogs to just ignore it.

    I'm so sorry about Pearl.. My sis-n-law mother, Granny, we've always called her since she's been in the family over 40 years, okay well anyway she has had a UT for several years, in and out of the hospital and it started with the bleeding. Nothing has kept it away for long. I think they've run out of antibiotics to give her. She just had complete shoulder replacement - and now back in the nursing home. She'll be NINETY the day after Christmas.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. several people have made NOTE - UTI - I need to pay more attention.
    ps
    the number thing isn't on your blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Ralph used cherry juice and said it helped. He was prone to gout. But then he also thought cherry pie was the next best thing that helped ....

    I need to try Move Free. If I keep MOVING despite the aches, I really do better. When I have a sedentary day, the next day is Advil or Aleve. I never really believed that "working through the pain" deal but it is true for me.

    I need some bird feeders!! Not many varieties in Maui but Portland, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Pearl gets some relief from the juice concentrate... if it's natural it's got to be a little better. Your visitors are very sweet!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your living room looks nice and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I like that bird feeder. You treat your birds right.
    Ginger and Smokey are perfect names for your furry friends.

    Keep us posted about Pearl. The bleeding could even be from hard bowel movements.

    I've noticed the number thing on a lot of blogger blogs recently. I like that you have your comments set up with the Name/URL option. I'm on WordPress and recently, I can't comment on blogger blogs that do not have the Name/URL option.

    I love when you show us pictures of you home - inside and out. Your living room looks so welcoming and cozy, and your tree is very pretty.

    I do have to do the number thing on your blog. Sometimes I get H to tell me what it is. Other times, I can make it out.

    ReplyDelete