title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

It was a beautiful day---for awhile...................'

I shouldn't bicker with John!  It's just that I feel he is so condescending to me and that irritates.  I've had so much of that in my life, from men, and would never argue back.  I know that I know that I am pretty intelligent and now that I live alone, I guess I feel I can "fight" back to prove it?  I just can't believe that he can be so brain-less at times.

Then I look out my window this morning and see him, down on his knees, changing a tire on the neighbor's car.  He really is a nice guy.



Today was my day off.  That means, I didn't go anywhere in my car.

I enjoyed it!  Of course I spent hours on a genealogy and of course I watched my Soap and of course, about 10 minutes into to, Dar barged in.

She looked terrible!!!  Hair

She looked awful!  Hair sticking up all over her head.  Deep wrinkles showing around her mouth and eyes.  My Gosh.

"Oh.  It's during your program isn't it."

"Yep and there is a hostage situation right now."

"I wondered if you could scan and print these forms for me.  I can't figure out how to do it on my scanner, printer, and I need to Fax them to my attorney."

I am so selfish I didn't even take my eyes off the TV.  "Just lay them there and come back at 2:30 and I'll have them done."

"I have to take Daddy to get his hearing aids tested at 2:00"

"Okay.  When you get back, come on over.  I'll have them done."

and she left.

Now, a few months ago, I would have jumped right up and done what she wanted.  But--she and most everyone else in my life knows that I don't take visitors or answer the phone from 1-2:00 every weekday--I just don't.  She wouldn't miss America's Got Talent for anything in this world, so she can dang well understand why I don't like to miss my Soap--a 50+ year tradition.

She has to Fax all her medical records, payments, test results--all of it to her attorney.  She is so unorganized that she can't figure out how to do it.  Which papers go where.  They all had the same date, so I looked at the different invoice ID numbers on each sheet and put them in order.

Then I scanned each one, saved them in a picture folder with her name and today's date, organized them by the ID numbers and put them in a file folder that said, "Copies to be Faxed".  I stapled her originals together and put them in order too.  She said she had them all in three piles at home--some for the insurance co, some for where she works, and some for her attorney.

So, I went ahead and made her file folders with stickers on the tabs:  Insurance,  Meijer,  Attorney.  How she claims she was such a good manager at so many stores and is so unorganized--I can hardly believe it.

I guess she just needed a good secretary?
====================
I just looked out my front windows.  The moon is rising in the east.  I think I'll call John and tell him about it.  LOL

5 comments:

  1. I think John enjoys your little debates. If he didn't, he wouldn't be walking the dog by your place or stopping in. I think one time you mentioned he's from a big family and big families tend to have a lot of conversations going on at once, and not always agreeing.

    Good for you, not letting Dar push you into reacting during your program. Were those folders and exact work you did because you felt guilty about telling her come back later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. No guilt involved. I had offered last week to scan and print anything she needed. Then when I realized how unorganized she is and with all that is going on in her life, I thought the extra folders might help.

      Delete
  2. Too bad you won't fly over ... I could use a little help organizing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, John is a good guy. He just likes to debate with you. :) You're getting to be a pro at handling Dar. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like John's okay. He's just a guy. They can't help their annoying-ness. And you're a better friend than Dar deserves. BUT ...

    "Yep and there is a hostage situation right now."

    That line cracked me up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete