title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, September 23, 2016

Every time I turn around..............

...it's a Friday.

How ridiculously fast the weeks go by now.  

"For it's a long, long while from May to December
But the days grow short when you reach September
And the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
And I haven't got time for the waiting game
And the days dwindle down to a precious few
September, November
And these few precious days I'll spend with you
These precious days I'll spend with you"

actually written for Walter Huston in 1938, but Frank Sinatra gave it a good rendition. It reminds me of Fred and me.  We thought we had days and days, but that last year, from September on, he just started going downhill very quickly it seemed.
======================
My sister and her hubs Chuck headed out today for South Dakota.  Neither one have ever been west of the Mississippi,  They have been to every National Monument and area of interest on the East Coast, but never to the west.  They are going--only for a week--only to see the Badlands, Mr. Rushmore and the Black Hills.   Leaving Wyoming and Yellowstone for the next trip.  I hope they have years and years to enjoy making these road trips together.
-------------------------------------------------
I made all my appointments this morning.  Mammogram and chest X-ray scheduled for Monday, will meet with PT office, this week and dental appointment October 21st.  I shouldn't complain about having to go to appointments.  I have far less than many my age.

I have told you that I collect old boxes--haven't I?  I have a large old lidded tool box by my chair to store my crochet/knitting/x-stitch in.  The more beat up the box, the better.

This was a box that always set on Fred's mother's desk.  She kept her bills and check book inside.  When she died, instead of putting it in her estate sale, I confiscated it.


Close enough to my chair, but not easy enough to reach without getting out of my chair.

This is what it holds.  It is nearly always this full.  It goes to Pammie when I die and she wants everything that is in this box at the time....so I have to keep it full.  For Pam, you understand.  LOL

John has gone to the Upper UP of Michigan to visit his family.  You know, it is almost a relief that I don't have to worry about when he is going to call to tell me he and Maizey are at the corner, heading my way for a visit.  I can lounge in my nightie as long as I want.  I don't have to wonder if he is coming while I'm watching Jeopardy.  
=================================
The other night, around 11:00 as I was sitting here in the front room playing a game on Face Book, a Firetruck pulled up in front of my house, then an ambulance and another firetruck behind that.

They never run the sirens while inside the park.  I couldn't see or smell any smoke and didn't know which house they were going too, but I shoved into my shoes and stepped outside.

I have only seen two firetrucks and an ambulance in this park at the same time, on two other occasions.  That was when the young man who lived where Dar does now, dropped over dead and the other time, when the old man who lived across from died during the night.

So, seeing all the apparatus, I figured Dar's Dad had died.  I hotfooted it across the street and up near her driveway.  "Is it the old man or the woman?" I asked the ambulance person.  "I can't tell you that."

Okay. "I'll just stand here and see which one you bring out on the stretcher!"

It was Dar's Dad.  She came out right behind him, saw me and came over.  I put both of my hands strongly on her shoulders.  "Tell me what happened."

"Daddy had a nose bleed and we couldn't get it stopped.  You should see all the blood---all over my house!"

I was trying to distract her while they attended to her Dad.  "Does he have high blood pressure?"

"No.  His is always way lower than mine."

"Is he on Coumadin?"

"No."

"Okay.  Good.  Okay, they are getting ready to leave.  Do you want me to drive you up to the ER."

"Nope."  She seemed steadier.  "I will follow behind the ambulance.  I know where it is."

They were gone less than an hour.  They got the bleeding stopped.  Made an appointment for him with an ENT on Monday and they came home and went to bed.

I think I was a bit more shaky then they were.  My Dear Uncle bled to death from a hemorrhage from his nose!

Come to find out--the two firetrucks and one ambulance came because when Dar called 911 and mentioned that her 95 year old father was bleeding--they thought they were going to arrive to a death scene.
=====================
Tomorrow will be a perfect day for me.  Back-to-Back college football games.  Michigan State starts at Noon and U of Michigan starts right after them at 3:30.

I see a lot of x-stitching on that baby quilt in my future!!!


7 comments:

  1. Hi kiddo... just trying to get your email address... I don't think I have it. I got all the info you need... message it to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of excitement, the kind no one needs but it could have been worse. I didn't know you could die from a nose bleed. No wonder you were a little shook.

    I like the box, I'm a sucker for boxes, too.

    Enjoy your Saturday of games. I'm hoping to go to the farmer's market if it doesn't rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a scare! YIKES!! I don't like when ambulances or police or fire come into either of my neighborhoods. Never good news.

    ENJOY your games! Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire trucks, ambulance! That would get my attention, too. It happens here occasionally, too. We have a smattering of one-story houses in our community, and there are not many of those available in our county, so old people snap them up as soon as they go on the market. Where there are one-story houses there will be old people, and where there are old people there will be ambulances. And so it is written. Glad everything turned out okay.

    How nice for your sister and her husband. My brother loves to travel. Me? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Susan and Chuck have a wonderful, safe trip.

    Glad Dar's dad is okay; at his age I'm sure everything is scar for her. And, him.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to lounge without interruption with John and Maizey gone. Like a mini vacation. Hope your teams won yesterday!

    A full box would be an empty box in no time, in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I hope Dar's dad completely recovers. What an awful scare. I love your candy box ... the box and the candy are both gorgeous. Lucky Pammie. I'm not a football fan but I'm glad you get to watch your games and cross-stitch. Lazy days at home are the best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete