title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Good Grief!

It's Friday--again!!!  Every time I turn around----it's Friday.

I can't believe I haven't posted since last Friday.  I's been busy!!

I got all involved in the PBS Downton Abbey marathon and did a whole lot of sitting in my recliner, watching hour after hour and working on the baby quilt for my Grand daughter's shower on the 17th.  Well, I'm not going to have it done, so I guess I will just give her a picture of how it is supposed to look, when it's finished, and hopefully get it done by October 21st, when little girl baby is due to arrive.

============================
When the marathon finally ended, I have been extra busy working on a genealogy.  Some of these get to be pretty big--this one is.  I print out all the info I can find.  Then I have to scan each piece, save it as a photo and then index and title each photo.  It takes so much time just to do that part, that I usually don't charge for it.  I had this one done and then the lady decided she wanted to include her deceased husband's info into the same book.  Maybe give her kids each a copy for Christmas.  I think that's a nice idea.  This way, she AND the kids will have a book with both her side and his incorporated in it.

Of course, that meant more hours of researching his family and all the many branches and limbs.  When I get it all done, it is going to be a beauty!!
============================
Of course, entailed in this week was a big grocery trip.  My refrigerator was down to half a quart of milk and two liters of Diet Pepsi, some cheese and a tiny bit of summer sausage.  I had crackers in the cupboard and was living on that Monday and Tuesday.

My Case Worker called me Tuesday to go over my welfare help.  I had sent in all the needed forms, so our conversation took less than 15 minutes.  Hopefully I will still get my $16.00 a month food assistance and my Medicare insurance paid for by the state--instead of taken out of my Social Security.
======================
The rest of my time was taken up by twice daily 45 minute visits from John and dog Maizey and every other day 2 hour visits from Dar.  Trying to calm her down and just listen.  She's in a mess with her medical problems resulting from her accident in April.  
She went to the doc on Wednesday and took an hour of his time.  At least, she made him listen to her.  I just feel sorry for his other patients having to wait their turn out in the waiting room.

Everything is fine.  I feel well.  I've been cloistered in my home with the A/C on and not going outside except to run to the car once, to get groceries.  Hopefully the humidity and heat will break on Saturday and then we are in for a week of "normal" September weather.  70's during the day.  50's at night.  My kind of weather.

I'll try and do better with the posting here.  I just do so much typing with the genealogy, that I can barely bring myself to post anything, plus, I have kind of a no-nothing life and so there's nothing interesting to talk about. 

Monday--I promise!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Well, you could just blog, "I am alive and well" and leave it at that. LOL People do worry about you when you don't show up on our computer screens.

    You sure have a lot of balls in the air right now. I need to find some new projects. Can't wait to see the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your posts! Glad you're doing well. HOT here in Covington, Tn. too! Ready for a touch of Fall. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once a week just really isn't enough! I agree with Jean ...

    Maui is still hot and humid as well. And something is messing with my eye ... VOG or allergy or something. Maybe be an inside day for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you kind of down play things, it doesn't seem like a no-nothing life to me!! perhaps when the weather cools off you will get out more, take some pictures of the things you are doing and your knitting projects. also, you could share picture of your genealogy work, i have always wondered what exactly it looks like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, you may FEEL like you have a no-nothing life, but that's not the way I feel about your life. Looks like I'm in good company on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy are you saying that the state might pay for the hospital part of your medicare? That would be awesome because if you're like me, the supplement monthly cost is high really. I hope that works out for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my income is under a certain amount--$12,500 I think, the State will pay the $104.00 for Medicare that they take out of our Social Security check each month. That would really help and put my budget at only $60.00 short each month. :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh goodness, well I hope they do Judy. Hoping the books you're making for your friends' ancestry helps out a lot with the still shortage. xoxo

      Delete