title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Big Surprise!!

So, how much did your Medical Medigap Supplemental insurance go up?  Here in Michigan, our Blue Cross insurance has had some sort of contract with the State not to raise prices.  That contract has now run out and mine went from $40.42 a month, up to $142.00 a month!  Dar's. John's and Merle and Pearl's went up also.

Thankfully, if I can prove that I have less than $17,000.00 a year, mine will stay at $40.42.  I will have no problem proving that!  I have $14,500.00 a year.  It seems nowadays, you gotta be well-off, or really poor to be able to live a decent life.  Those in the middle seem to get hit hard.  Remember when the middle class was a comfortable way of life?
==================
So, Attorney General,  Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton just happened to meet in her private plane for a talk about Grandchildren, and yesterday she says the DOJ will bring no charges against Hillary?  Even though FBI Director Comey told of the many infractions Hillary made with her e-mails?  Then they showed clips of where she denied it all and clips of what Comey said.  It was sickening to see her look straight in the reporters face and lie like that.  How can she be President, and be privy to all sorts of classified information, and keep it secure, if she couldn't do it as Secretary of State?    

I forced myself to sit down and watch a half hour Live Trump rally in Ohio.  I didn't make it for the half hour.  I barely made it for 20 minutes.  He is by far one of the crudest, nauseating, man I have ever seen running for the Presidency!

What a sad state our Country is in to have these two as our choice for the highest office in this land!  The last 8 years have dragged us down near the edge of the pit, I fear the next 4 years will dump us into the bottom of the pit.  AND--we can do nothing about it!
==================
=======================
IT HAPPENED TODAY AT 4:26 pm.  Something I have always wondered if it might happen.

The genealogy I did for Awkward Widow and the one I am working on now for Dawn, I found a common Great Grand Father.  Awkward Widows 11th Great Grand Father and Dawn's 8th Great Grand Father.  Each one descended from a different child of Sea Captain GILES HAMLIN!!!!

The 1st Hamlin immigrant to American, settling down in Middletown, Connecticut!

I am telling you!  This absolutely freaked me out!!  When I saw his name pop up, I knew it sounded familiar and when I searched, there was his cemetery and the fact he had been born in England and all his children's names.  The same photos I had in Awkward Widow's genealogy book.  I just started shaking!!

So, there ya go, Awkward Widow/JB and Dawn, you are like 9th or 10th cousins or something.  LOL

How would it happen in a million years that I would just happen to do a genealogy for each of them--not knowing them, only from this blog?

SPOOKY!!!!!!!!!  

The old "Six Degrees of Separation" !

14 comments:

  1. Wow - this is kinda spooky. LOL

    I've been blessed so far with my Medicare supplement through United Healthcare. Not once in the past nine years have I had to pay a dime. Of course, I shouldn't speak too soon; anything can happen like Hillary winning an election she's not qualified for. I'm afraid of both those candidates, but the truth is; even though Trump has a foul mouth, I think we'd be better off with them. Yes, he says what he thinks and so far as I know, he hasn't ball faced lied. But, what do I know, I'm just a redneck.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have watched the entire congressional hearing today of FBI Director Comey testifying instead of the FOX mashup. You would have a better understanding of why he recommended no charges. He said that while she was sloppy in having a private server and the handling of three emails marked classified (out of thousands) she did nothing that rises to the level of being illegal. You'd have to prove intent to use classified material to harm the country (like Snowden did) or for personal gain (like Petraius did with his mistress/biographer). Colin Powell and Condeleezee Rice and half the people in Congress use private servers and email leaving them open to being hacked. Bush deleted 5,000 emails. Are we willing to put them all on trial? If Hillary wasn't running for president this wouldn't have gotten a hearing either. Time would be better spent updating the laws and IT servicing our government that are antiquated in today's tech world than continuing the Hillary witch hunt. Comey is a Republican who was appointed under Bush and to suggest he could be bribed or bought off is laughable. He's very apolitical and professional and that came through loud and clear in the many hours he appeared before the committee today. Those FOX mashup only show the parts where Comey criticized Hillary but there were many other times where he was making the case for no grounds for charges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched FOX news in months. I watched NBC news.

      Delete
    2. Doesn't matter what network or what slant. A three or four minute mashup can't give you a clear picture of five hours worth of questions and answers before Congress.

      Delete
    3. Going way back to "White Water" he has served in investigations where he managed to find no reasons to indict either Clinton. So, I am a bit suspicious of his motives. Anyway, none of it really matters and none of us can do a thing about it. Going back on my "No News Media Diet"!

      Delete
  3. This genealogy stuff is INCREDIBLE! Thanks, Judy! Nice to meet a relative! I messaged her on FB and did a friend request. My sister hasn't gotten home yet to see her copy (birthday gift) so hope she doesn't see my name pop up on your page!

    I can't cope with this upcoming election. I think I am going to have to write in Bernie.

    I am looking forward to Medicare next May ... and hope I have good luck with whatever supplemental insurance I get. How on earth do you decide? With Ralph's, we didn't have to pay a penny for all of the prostate cancer things that went on for three years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the newly "found" cousins! I had a cousin who did a good bit ancestry hunting; he absolutely thrived on it and I see you do, too, Judy!
    I simply can't bring myself to watch the news anymore. It's not good for me! There's rarely anything that one feels has not been "spun", one way or another. I'll vote, but don't care for either candidate. I feel they've both misrepresented themselves, and I've even begun to wonder if Trump is a "shill" and never even noticed planned to get this far! His behavior is disgusting. He is a bully, and that may be the nicest thing I can say about him. (Pretty bad, huh!) And, I actually saw an interview of Clinton, who--when asked had she lied--said, " No.I don't remember EVER lying! I've never lied." (Please! Excuse me, but everyone but the Trinity, or an infant is guilty of lying at some time.) She did not qualify it by saying "about" a certain subject or time! I was amazed.
    (I don't know why I'm entering this conversation; guess I wanted to express my disappointment in having no candidate to respect--but really, since when is that new? If one gets to Washington as an "innocent one", he will either leave the second he arrives, or he will not leave innocent. This is only my opinion, and I hate that I don't feel more hope for our nation.)
    I hope Medicare and our supplemental insurance will be good enough to cover most of this recent 3 weeks in a Trauma 1 hospital. I dread the mailbox each day, while my husband we'll be 100% covered! Um-hum..we'd need Trump's money for that to happen!
    I hope you, Judy, and all you ladies had a nice Independence Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is extraordinary about Awkward Widow and Dawn being related. Wow! Who would have ever guessed you would find that? What are the odds that you would find two people through this blog and do the research and find that they are related? They should meet each other. Ha!

    I hope things work out with your supplemental ins. It's always something.

    Politics is killing me. Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love the connection between your readers. Fascinating! I really don't want to hear one more word from either HC or DT. Ever.

      Delete
  6. Shivers - relatives in common way back - from two of your first three genealogy researches? If this isn't a wink from someone up there that you are serving a very special purpose here, I don't know what is!

    Glad, er, that you make the poorhouse cut and won't be charged the new rate?

    I watched the end of congressional hearings grilling FBI's Comin. I t was clear the Republicans were straining a knat and swallowing a camel, for 3 - THREE - emails out of more than 30,000 had the classified markings deep inside their text, not in their headers, where they are supposed to be. So, in reviewing the headers, and not the entire texts of more than 30,000 e-mails, no one - Clinton - did not catch these 3. Yes, it was a slip-up, but evil intent? No! Yes, carelessness.

    Hah! I'd like to see Trump's history combed through. It won't need nearly as fine-toothed a comb to pick up the lice. And those Rep and Dem politicians at the hearing? How about if they open their e-v-e-r-y e-mail to FBI scrutiny re classified markings. If every one of our politicians were thrown out for their 'oopsies', we wouldn't have anyone serving. What I would like to see is Hilary chastened by this. Pride goeth before a fall, Hilary!

    (I am going to vote for her, despite all this )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love those serendipitous events that come along. Your geneaological research really is providing some neat, and wholly unexpected, experiences. I have found it true that, if I talk to someone long enough, eventually we'll find a point of contact. It may be a mutual acquaintance, or that we lived in the same city, or that we had relatives who came from the same country at the turn of the century -- but the point of contact is there. Finding out what it is can be a whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice you get so excited bout someone else's genealogy! I have hardly spent any time watching Trump or Hillary and probably don't need to at this point. What I have heard from and about both of them makes me sick to my stomach! I am so disappointed that the first and maybe only chance in my life time that I have to vote for a woman president and its someone I wouldn't vote for if she was the only candidate!

    ReplyDelete