title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

For Heaven's Sake!!

Where did I go?  I can't believe it's Tuesday night and I haven't posted a thing.

My Spartans won the B1G East Conference title and will play for the B1G Championship this Saturday night--against undefeated Iowa.  I know you are all interested in this fact.  LOL

My Spartan Basketball team won the John Wooden Legacy Tournament out in California, Sunday night.  More interesting facts for you.
=====================
My sister is off to Fort Bragg, NC visiting her husband's new grandson.  They will stop on the way home in Virginia to visit his brother and then on up to New York to visit his other grandson.
====================
My grand girl, Maddie, will be dancing the solo role of the Snow Queen in this year's Nutcracker, this next Sunday.  I thought that kid would quit dancing when she graduated, but oh no.  She loves ballet.  This will be my 14 year seeing the production.  I am soooooooo sick of the Nutcracker, but I cannot NOT go!!!

I love this photo of when she started ballet and the bottom one of her laying the same way now.


Here she is in dress rehearsal, in the white.


and this picture appeared in the local newspaper of her teaching the little girls how to be the little mice--she's in the middle

and her 14 years ago in her first Nutcracker
======================
John and Maizey stop by almost every morning now.  He takes her for her walk down the street toward the lake and on their way back, when she gets to my driveway, Maizey walks part way up the driveway and lays down.  He can't get her to move.  So, he calls me on the phone and I open the door, they both come inside, Maizey lays at my feet while I feed her a few treats, John and I chat, and then they're off.

It really quite nice.  Now that John realizes that I am not going to seduce him, and I realize that he isn't going to rape me, we have a really nice friendship.  We yak away like a couple of old ladies!!   Catching up on the latest gossip, talking politics, religion, sports.  It really is perfect.  If I need help, he helps me.  I shared a recipe with him and he brought me some of the cakes he made.  I gave him some of the spaghetti sauce I made and he brought me chicken noodle soup he made.  Then, he goes about his business and I go about mine.

Occasionally, when they get ready to leave, we hug each other, but it's like a "friend" hugs, not the kind Friend Merle used to give, with his thumbs pushed up into the sides of my boobs!!!
=================
I finished up my 20 quarts of spaghetti sauce for my "boys" Christmas present.  I only need 16 quarts so I will have some left over to share with Pearl, Dar, John and some for myself.

This time of year, I need a bigger freezer!

========================
I finished up the last 3 of my genealogy books all printed out and tomorrow will take them up to the printer to have them punched and the coil, front and back cover put in.
====================
I am almost done with a project I test knitted for Chris.  It has been a difficult pattern for me, but really fun to do.  To see it progress as I work along.  I made a pair of crocheted slippers for Pearl's daughter and now I am making a pair for her Grand daughter--because the grand daughter keeps stealing the Mom's.

Sunday morning, I was pondering on something, so I made a picture of my thoughts.




7 comments:

  1. Your life is tracking great right now. It's nice to see you happy and productive and not all stressed out. That granddaughter of yours is really special, teaching the little mice and still dancing. I'll bet she'll always be involved in some way with the ballet.

    Your relationship with John is perfect. I'm glad you have that in your life. I could sure use a John or Jill---someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to e-mail you to remind you to blog! I was getting used to daily posts!!!

    What a great friendship with John! Love love love it. By the way, I was "approved" to be a Foster Mom so maybe I will meet more people that way.

    But you were so busy I don't blame for not blogging ... you are nice and busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've kept busy! It's nice that you have a friend like John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- Maddie's accomplishments are impressive. I like that she takes her time to teach the younger girls. That's impressive. I hope the performances go well and that you enjoy every minute. The spaghetti sauce is a fabulous gift. You made me laugh out loud with your comments categorizing yours and John's relationship, haaaha. Boundaries are good. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie is such a sweetheart. Love the pictures.

    I'm glad that you and Johns have become good friends. I suspected that would happen when you first started writing about him. A good friend is something to cherish, isn't it?

    All of that spaghetti sauce making is impressive. Those are some very lucky recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad John and you have settled into this kind of neighborly friendship. Another widow friend of mine has the same kind of relationship with a man who lives across the way from her. Not too intrusive. But he calls or pops in every day. And it works two ways. She is keeping an eye on him, too.

    Actually, I do sort of have that in my life - my handyman John. But I have to schedule him, at $25/hour. He calls when he needs work! Still, I am soooo grateful. Hmmm. You know, Judy, I am going to put 'neighborly friend' on my wish list.

    I love your picture of your thoughts. Do you mind my asking what program you use to make these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Pic Monkey. To make these and my collages and whatever pix I want to edit or make a saying to go with it.

      Delete