title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, July 18, 2014

Just a Normal Friday

Today's high temperature was:  78 degrees
Sunny with nice breeze
================================
My daily weather report seems to be the same every day.  We have had the most beautiful weather this summer.  Here it is, the middle of July and we have only had two humid, hot days.  Remarkable!!  Our winter reminded me of the kind we had when I was a kid and this summer is the same way.  We didn't have an air conditioner in our house--didn't need one.  The windows were open day and night, with a nice breeze and I don't ever remember being too hot.

The guy came today to remove Darlene's large stump.  I think she thinks that means the wood from the stump and all the saw dust and mulch will be cleaned up and gone.  She is not going to be happy when she gets home from work and sees this!
She has a 3 feet high by 8 feet wide circle pile of ground up wood.  Do you know who is responsible for cleaning that mess up?  The person's whose lawn it sits on.  I can't wait to see what she says--plus, I think they cut her cable line.

In the first place, that beautiful tall, straight Oak she insisted be cut down, only needed to be trimmed.  Her house was NOT in danger of that tree falling.  Her roof was not being affected by that tree.  There were four dead branches from the winter.  Cut those off and trim it up a bit higher and it would have been all right, but she got all aggressive and demanding and she got her tree cut all the way down.  It's not nice, but I think it's good riddance to her when she sees this.  No doubt, she will be on the phone calling the office and yelling and carrying on until someone from maintenance comes and cleans it up.

The guy came over and asked if I wanted my stump ground up and I declined.  I don't want that mess to clean up and besides?  I kind of like my pot sitting on it.  I still can't get used to that Mulberry being gone, if it sat anywhere else on my lot, I would have left it, the birds and squirrels loved the berries.  It was causing moss on my roof and it was restricting the canopy growth of my Maple.  Instead of trimming their trees, or do selective harvesting, this park just let's them grow out of control.  



Star Gazer lily ready to pop! 

I made the kids get up on the bench and I gave them their morning massages.  I am hoping they will associate massage time with the bench.  They both spotted a bird on the lower part of the hedge and they did stay for a few minutes, but---never got up there the rest of the day.

I got the utility room and kitchen floor mopped and shined, cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed the living room and this room and dusted.  I had on my ToDo list, clean out the shed and take a bike ride, but I never got to that.  Too tired out.  There's always tomorrow, right?

I mixed up ten pounds of bird seed, with the Habenaro Chili Pepper hot sauce, and filled the feeders.  So far the last few days, no squirrels have bothered the seed and the birds love it.  I had to buy a box of latex gloves to use with the hot sauce.  I found out the first time, that just washing my hands did not removed all of it and the first time I used the bathroom---well let's just say, I was one HOT MAMA for about an hour!  YEOUCH!
===============================
Pearl came down this late afternoon to get away from Merle.  He has come out of his depression and is back to snarling at her, I guess.  She said, "The computer is going to save our marriage!  When he gets grumpy or won't talk, I just go back and play games."

Yesterday, when I called up there, Merle answered the phone and said, "Thanks for getting her on that computer.  It gets her out of my hair for awhile."

Ah-hh, wedded bliss.  Whatever works, I guess. LOL  Of course, if either one of them died, the one left would be devastated and neither one could care for themselves completely.  He doesn't know how to cook or do laundry.  She can't vacuum and doesn't know how to turn on the furnace when winter comes.  She has no concept of how the thermostat works, because, once he told her not to touch it, so she never has.

I laugh as I write that last sentence.  IF my husband has ever told ME that--the minute he left for work, I would have been over to the wall, studying the thermostat--seeing how it worked--checking out the buttons and how to raise or lower the heat.  HAH!  
===========

I saw Dar when she came home.  She walked back to the pile of sawdust and then I saw her get on her cell phone.  She has the manager's personal phone number and by the way she was gesticulating, I'll bet she was giving him what for.  
==================
Sally, you left out an "i" before the "s" in louisianabelleforever, but I found her.  I have absolutely NO CLUE what the flower is.  It has spiky things on the leaves--must be a southern flower?  Also--at one time I studied Lepidoptery and never saw a butterfly like that one!



3 comments:

  1. Now, that's a perfect place for a plant! I know you must be so glad that tree is gone. Oh, that Dar. Will be interesting how that plays out.

    Talking about Merle and Pearl reminded me of one of my parent's (well all of us really) best friends for many years. After her husband got cancer, she called me and asked me to come over and go with her to the gas station. She was close to 80 and had NEVER put gas in her car. And, after I'd ridden to the station with her, I practically begged her to let me drive her back home. I mean, she couldn't drive very well. I miss those folks though; so nice to us. I met them when I was five years old.

    Well, thanks for checking out that flower - I have no clue either. But, didn't you like her photo's? I love meeting new people. :)

    I worked so long in the yard today that I think I'll be too tired to sleep. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, did I laugh at your chili pepper Mama story. I've heard that about chili peppers...that you can't wash it off your hands.

    I don't get people who cut hardwood trees down unnecessarily when a good trim job will do the job. We need the oxygen they make/clean. I like stumps, too. They make a good stand for plants and as they age you can actually plant inside them and as they rot they help the soil and bugs.

    I'd be the same way about the thermostat as you. A guy telling me not to do something would make it the very thing I'm going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar should practice using some sugar to get what she wants. I will tell H about your chili pepper story in case he ever uses it in our birdseed. I wouldn't want him to burn anything. You are so funny, Judy.

    ReplyDelete