title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, July 21, 2014

Jackie, Darlene, Lies and Machinations

Today's high temperature was:  88
Today's humidity was:  58%
Headed for hotter days.  
A/C is on.  House is closed up.  
UGH!
=======================
I truly love nice summer days (70's) with low humidity..all windows and doors in the house open, but...it IS July, so I have to put up with hot and moist.

Jackie (across the street) came home yesterday evening.  She has been gone for three weeks--visiting family in Chicago, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  She was stunned to see "her" Oak tree completely gone.  She was stunned to see the electrical and gas line "flags" on the lot next to her and the information that a new double wide is probably going in there.

"I called Rob (park manager) this morning and asked him why they took my beautiful Oak tree completely out.  I had requested that they just trim up the branches."

"Oh--what did he say?"

"He told me it was Jim, the tree cutter's decision to take it completely down...and look at the mess I have to clean up.  All that sawdust!"

So I decided to be honest with her, "I talked to Jim.  It wasn't his idea to take it down.  It was Darlene's.  Jim thought it only needed trimming, but Dar called Rob and insisted that it all come down because she was afraid it would fall on her house."

"Fall on her house?  If it ever came down, it would fall this way...on my house.  There was nothing wrong with that tree.  It was straight and healthy.  It just needed trimming.  Besides that...it's on my lot!"

"Well, I guess you will have to take it up with Dar."

"I guess if it was her idea then....it's HER mess to clean up!"

"I'd say so.  By the way, the people moving in next to you are really very nice."

"Yeah--well, I know where my lot line is and I want Rob to come out here and mark it because...I don't want them putting it too near MY lot!"
===============================

I went out for a short walk last night, around 8:30--trying to rest my mind, which is in a turmoil.  I noticed Dar's friend, Judy L. walking behind the houses to get to Dar's--unnoticed by Dar's other, jealous friend Sheila.  I had to smile to myself.

Just as I got in front of Sheila's she came down off her porch to chat for a few minutes--she had not seen Judy L.  We talked a bit and then I walked on.

On the way back home, I saw Dar and Judy L. walking toward me.    We stopped for a minute and chatted, mostly about Dar's day (of course) and then we walked on.  Just as I had taken about half a dozen steps, Dar yells out.  "Oh, I forgot to tell you something."  She was standing directly in front of Sheila's place.

Dar waved me back and I wondered...what is she up to now?

In a very loud voice she said, "Judy L. and I are going for a mile walk.  Do you want to walk with us?"

"Nope.  I've been for a walk and I'm heading home."

"Well, we'd like you to walk with us...so I was just wondering."  Again, very loud.

I turned and headed home.  I knew what she had done--on purpose.  She wanted Sheila to hear.  I think she enjoys the fact that Judy L and Sheila are jealous of each other over her.  

What a dreadful woman!!!  
==========================
===============================
I figured out a way to get my Purry Furries up on their bench.  They both love to be brushed, so this morning, I got their brush out of the drawer--they spotted it and came over to stand by me.  So, I walked into the bedroom and patted the brush up on the mat, on top of the bench, and they both jumped up there.  I brushed them really good and massaged their spines and they seemed very happy.  Going to make this part of our morning routine.
==========================
I have been quite depressed lately--overwhelmed with all I need to do right now.  Plus, I miss Fred and have been missing my BFF, Arlene a lot lately.  Plus--I have not seen any of my family in a month!  My sister is entertaining her hubs family from Binghamton, NY.  Karen and her family are vacationing in Maine--wish I could have gone--was not invited and I can't really leave for that long.  Haven't heard a word from Pammie about arranging a Putt Putt game with the little grands.  Plus, I have not received a Thank You from Madeleine for her graduation gift--and that really ticks me off.

You know--it makes me feel like I am only here when someone wants me to attend a function of theirs--or help out in some way, but other than that......which really makes me angry BECAUSE, 11 years ago, Karen and Jen wanted me to move down here to be closer to them and their children.  Well--here I am...where are you and your children?

It is all making me very sad!  Nothing I can do about most of it.  I can't even afford to get in my car and drive over to Lake Huron or Lake Michigan for the day, which I know would soothe my soul.  

I still don't have my "old" genealogy files on my new computer, nor all my saved e-mail folders.  I need to call the computer shop and get it done, but, I am almost too tired to do it.

I need to get the bankruptcy started and did contact the attorney this morning.  I have opened a new checking account with a local bank and only have two dollars in my old checking account, the bank I have the credit cards with, so if they want to seize it, they can have it.  Next month's Social Security will direct deposit into my new checking account--as will my outgoing(EFT) funds to the life insurance company.

I just need to move forward and I am not! 

The road construction is almost finished in front of the park, so tomorrow morning, I will go to the doc's office to get a blood, and stop at Wal-Mart on my way home to turn in my pop bottles and pick up a prescription.

I'm just so very lonely right now and no one can really help that feeling--except me.

I am going to take my new computer back to the store and THEY are going to take my old hard drive and try and get what I need transferred to my new hard drive and in the correct program files.  Heidi, the owner, thought it had been taken care of last week and when I told her "no", she was very upset.  There won't be any charge!  

Businesses, I don't care how busy you are, do it right the first time--like we all were taught, back in the day.
====================
Pearl came down this evening, to "get away from Merle's crabbing at me."

She and I had a nice chat about a lot of things.  We both agree we don't like to watch the news anymore and are basically, only interested in the local weather!  Just when I think the world can't get any worse, it does.  People killing each other--I am talking people in this State, killing people in the worst sort of way.  Dismembering their bodies or dumping them in vacant cars.  People killing their own kids.  Important people involved in sex crimes.  Others trying to kidnap kids and teenagers.

The morality of America alone has gone down the drain.  I don't have much time to worry about what is going on in other countries--some of them are not of my culture and I don't understand how they have such a total disregard for human life.
====================

One of my friends posted a link on Face Book, pleading with the President not to deport the illegals.  Underneath the link she wrote, "What do you think?"

So...I commented, "Don't deport them, stop them at the border."  

Obviously, she didn't really want to know what "I" thought, because my comment raised her ire and she commented back how could I be so uncompassionate and cruel.  Then one of her other friends, who I do not know, commented that she could tell from my comment that I was not a Christian and stupid in my comment to boot.

I commented back that I was compassionate and I would take in every one of those little kids, but...I can't afford it and neither can our country.  

Then I asked if either one of them had ever volunteered to help people in our own country--like Appalachia or Detroit (where they both are from).  That I felt, it is not OUR fault that the illegals live in a horrid country and want to come here and that we can't save the world, but we can try to save our corner of the world.

Well--that comment didn't go over very well either--I was called a few more names and then I realized--ah yes.  I should not have commented because they didn't want to debate or discuss, they wanted it only to be their way of thinking.

Are they Right Wing Conservatives?  Nope--they belong to the Christian Left..in fact one of them is a minister's wife.  Obviously they have forgotten that Christian's are suppose to be tolerate of others feelings?

Done with commenting on their links, or any others posted by my Liberal friends.  They sure like to comment their opposing views on mine, but they don't like my opposing views on theirs and, boy oh boy, do they let me know it!!  


The loudest voices we hear are those who advocate conflict, divisiveness.



Or as I was taught, "Usually the person yelling the loudest in an argument, is the one who's wrong."



22 comments:

  1. I wonder why no one has thought to ask Michelle Obama to take in all those illegal kids. They could live at the White House...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! They'd have good food and lots of room to play.

      Delete
  2. You have a lot on your plate right now so it isn't any wonder that you're missing Fred right now. Having someone in your corner sure makes things easier. But then again, I don't have much on my plate now and I'm missing Don a lot lately, so maybe what we're both feeling is common for widows? I wouldn't have guessed that this far out though.

    The crisis at our border sure is a mess! And eventually most of those kids will be sent back. But by law they can't be sent back without a hearing and we don't have enough immigration lawyers and judges to get the job done quickly and congress won't approve more money to hire more. So it falls on Home Land Security's budget to house them until their hearings. Last week I saw a special on the Central American countries that these kids are running away from and they said that the drug trade flooding into the U.S.A. is what has given power to the gangs and corruption down there that these kids are running away from. We are funding the gangs. To me, if we'd just quit spending money in the Middle East and use that money to solve our own problems here the world would be a better place. We need so many things to happen to make this problem at the border to go away for good. There is no easy fix. And that is very sad, frustrating and mind-boggling.

    Your park is like a little micro-lab of the world! You have the bully (Russia), the ones who tell lies (U.S.A.) the jealous ones like in the Middle East. You have the ones who work at minding their own business and the ones in everyone's business.

    Hope tomorrow is better for you and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what's up with us. So sad all weekend and a real lonely ache in my chest for missing Fred and it's been.....2 1/2 years! I seem to be over it today....weird how that happens from time to time. The ache is very real--hurts and then a few tears come. Glad it is abating!

      Delete
  3. Not my Circus, not my Monkeys. Another way to put it - Not my river, not my flow. I don't want to get swept up in conservative or liberal bashing. I am more than willing to go along with caring, tuning in to the differences I can make.

    It stinks to be overlooked. I've noticed in my own family how little we cheer each other on. Sure is needed! I'm sorry Karen's family is in Maine and you're not. I'll take you myself next week, if you like sharing a van conversion RV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather go to Vermont in September :-)

      Delete
  4. Many years ago my husband moved to this country from Australia. They were on a 5 year waiting list. His dad had to have a job waiting for him here and a sponsor. I do not think it is right that all the hispanic people and kids are being allowed to just come on into our country. Everyone has their own opinion though. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie--all of us came in to this country through the legal gate....unless of course, we are Native American. I'm sure they felt the same about us whities trying to take their land.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to stay out of most political debates because some people can be so nasty! They're OPINIONS people! We all have a right to have one.

    I bet your kitties will learn to love their window perch, especially if you start brushing them there :)

    Dar's a case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Marla--It's just an OPINION--quit telling me I'm stupid for feeling that way.

      Delete
  7. I meant say that guy who was beheaded in Michigan lived less than a mile from where I used to live on the other end of town and his funeral, yesterday, was just a mile or two from where I live now. That whole double murder and suicide by cop will end up to be a movie someday, I think. All the Craig's List and kinky sex stuff involved is just starting to come out. Twenty-five years ago I used to collect 100 year old newspapers and back then they had horrific crimes, too. Now, though, we hear about them from all over the world and not just those in our own back yards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way--way back in the 20's I think, when the looney guy blew up the Bath school?

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry you're down right now Judy. This too shall pass. And the weather is going to cool off again so that's one good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah--I'm getting things cleared up, one step at a time. Today, I was out early and now am closed up in the house with the A/C

      Delete
  9. Hi Judy,
    Found your site from Misadventures of Widowhood. No, I'm not a widow.....married going on 53 years, but I.was looking for comfort/advice for my sis-in-law awhile back. She's widowed 1 1/2 years now. I have so enjoyed reading these blogs that I "lurk" everyday to see if you and Jean have posted. Today your blog so spoke to me I had to write. You are right on with your comments.about taking care of our own first. . And the other is your saying about Not my Circus, Not my Monkeys!!! Love, love, love. I'm using it all the time now since I saw it a few days back.. I may have to get the tee shirt as they say. Hang in there, Judy. You are loved and appreciated by a Granny in Texas who doesn't even know you but feels like you are a dear friend. Alice B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice! So nice to see you here! I see the towns where people come from to read my posts and I always wonder--who's that in Texas--reading by no comment. Thanks for peeking out today :-) I had to quit reading the Widows Speak Up blog because there were so many widows who were still actively grieving, after seven years, and it so depressed me--wondering if I was evil because I wasn't, LOL. I think, perhaps, some widows make their new status a career? See ya!

      Delete
  10. Hello Friend. Like Alice said - even though we've not met face to face, I feel like you are a dear friend. We all have our ups and downs - it's normal. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. It will pass. I agree with you - opinions are just that - like feelings - they just are. Doesn't mean we are defined by them, will die for all of them - they just are. At one time I had the opinion that I would not have any children. Well, we know how that worked out for me - lol. Keep your chin up. HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa--we ARE Dear Friends! All the help you have given me? You have been a real blessing in my life.

      Delete
  11. I'm sorry for the way you're feeling, Judy. I did read on FB that you got a lot done this morning. Good for you. Do you think not sleeping well or enough could have something to do with depression. I haven't read the other comments; perhaps someone mentioned this. I know you'll be glad to have that bankruptcy behind you and you are very smart to have opened a new bank account.

    Take care, and try to get some good rest.

    Love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry that you are feeling lonely, Judy. It's one of the worst feelings. As for your friends being intolerant, it seems to be an epidemic in our country now. No one wants to hear the other side of the argument and no one wants to compromise. It's sad really. I know the bankruptcy is a heavy weight for you. I hope you can put it all behind you soon. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. people can be really petty sometimes it's hard to find people anymore who have integrity and ethics and don't try to manipulate - scary but true. It sounds like you see these people pretty clearly which is good because you don't get caught up in the crazy lol

    yeah discussing issues on FB can get a little out of hand when people can't agree to disagree

    ReplyDelete