title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, April 8, 2021

 For the last year plus, I haven't even known anyone who has had Covid.  In the last 3 weeks, 4 people I know have died from it.  Not elderly people.  Men, in their 50-60's.

Vaccinated or not, I think we will still be wearing masks next fall, while we wait in line for the booster shot.

This Pandemic is far, far from over.

=====================

Granddaughter-in-law had Toxemia or whatever they call it nowadays.  Her blood pressure was so high, "they" feared she'd have a stroke, so they induced labor this past Monday.

Now, I would think a C-section would be quicker and safer on high blood pressure than having to labor for 26 hours, but....what do I know.

Eliana Katherine was born on Tuesday, weighing only four pounds.  She kept forgetting to breathe, so they put her on forced oxygen.

She is off oxygen, but still has a feeding tube.  Momma may go home tomorrow.

We have never had a preemie in our family.  I had Toxemia with Jennifer, but I went full term.  Our babies usually have a birth weight of 8 pounds or more.  My Jen weighed 9# 4oz.  They were big enough to hop off the delivery table and walk to the nursery.

I can't imagine Momma and Daddy going home and leaving baby at the hospital.  How do you deal with that?



8 comments:

  1. I agree, we are not out of the woods with Covid-19 and won't put it behind us until the foolish anti-maskers and vaccine holdouts get on board.

    Hope mom, dad and the baby can reunite soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pandemic is definitely far from over, all precautions should still be taken. Congrats on the little one. I remember my first baby had to say at the hospital for two extra days due to jaundice. I was completely devastated. I drove back and forth to the hospital for every single feeding and cried in between. It's going to be hard on them I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was a high risk pregnancy. My Granddaughter was a preemie. She had to stay in Nicu for two weeks. It was so scary, but she was fine and went home and did great. She is 7 now and very smart. The hardest part was going home and leaving her there. Prayers for your new bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter had toxemia with Maxwell and had to be induced at 35 weeks. I was worried sick the whole time, scared to death she was going to have a stroke due to HBP, and wishing they would give her a c-section. But all turned out fine of course thank goodness. It seems like they do c-sections at the drop of a hat nowadays, but they are serious abdominal surgeries and should only be done if absolutely necessary! Congratulations on the new great grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I hear on the news, Michigan is now the hotspot for COVID. Hope you continue to live safely. Keep us updated on the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read your posting. I feel a kinship with you since I had you do my genealogy! You are a person with common sense and sadly, many bloggers are spouting political crap I just can’t stomach. I am now down to reading just three blogs a day, no mainstream news because I will not be brainwashed, and lots of isolation because of the continued restraints here in NM. Tough times to be sure. Try to be positive, but, not sure what’s too good in this country right now. I’m actually yearning for the good ole Trump Days. 😏 You hang in there, Judy. Show us pictures of your flower gardens and needlepoint projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nancy, I remember. Seems like ages ago, but it wasn't really all that far in the past.

      Delete
  7. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete