title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, March 29, 2021

 Yesterday my daughter Karen had a baby shower for her son and his wife.  These kids got married last June, in a small, intimate, close family members only service.

I met her grandma at the wedding and we spent all afternoon at the outdoor reception, talking with each other.  I just instantly adored her and I guess the feeling was mutual.

I was so excited about being able to see her again yesterday.

My sister Susan, whose birthday was also yesterday, picked me up on her way.  Daughter Pam, who I haven't seen in nearly a year, was riding along with us and Susan's daughter-in-law.

I was drugged up with Advil/Tylenol, a hemp pain patch on my back, a tiny Ativan for my nerves and an anti-acid for my tummy.  I took my cane because I knew I wouldn't be able to walk from their driveway to their front porch without it.

All of Karen's kids and their spouses were there and 2 of my great babies--who of course barely recognized GiGi as they hadn't seen me since last October.

Then my "bonus" granddaughter's Mother, Cathy, walked in.  I was so glad to see her, but...where was Grandma Carolyn?

Cathy explained that her Mother was not feeling well.  She had a slight cold and didn't want to infect anyone, so she stayed home.  She went on to explain, "Mom actually cried, when she told me she wasn't going to be able to come.  She so wanted to see you again."

I could feel tears gathering in my eyes.  I had been waiting to see her and so happy about it for these last few months.  Cathy could see I was upset and she hugged me.  "I know.  I know.  Mom feels the same way."

So the shower progressed.  A really nice shower, only about 25 people and no stupid shower games.  A perfect luncheon of Croissants filled with chicken salad, fruit cups, pink frosted cupcakes and pink frosted sugar cookies.

The happy couple sat at the head of the table and insisted I sit next to them while they opened their gifts.

I got to hug each and every grandchild--and tell them I love them--several times.  Gosh!  It felt wonderful.

Today, my body feels like I got hit by a Mack Truck--probably from all the walking and moving around yesterday, but...I can rest today.  Every pain I feel.  Every spasm in my back today is worth it all.  I got to see a lot of people I love... except Grandma Carolyn.

Carolyn and Stephen and the quilt I cross stitched for them.



These "kids" are both doctor's and in their 1st year of residency.  Can you imagine how busy they are going to be when baby girl arrives in late April?


4 comments:

  1. What an amazing quilt! They look like a very happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time! I'm sorry you didn't get to see your friend. Maybe someone can arrange a visit one day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I am sure they loved it and the shower too! I am sorry you were not able to see the other Grandma. Maybe you can call each other and get together when she feels better. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete