title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

WOW!  I have certainly been amiss in my posting on this here blog.  In earlier days, I posted every day.  I guess I thought the world was waiting for my incredible words of wisdom, advice and clever quips.  Such folly.

As the months and years went on, I had less and less to say--to anyone and especially the world.

Then I started working on genealogies and I drained my brain everyday on research and writing the family story and there was nothing left to post here.

Then I posted once a week, on a Sunday.  Now I have gone two weeks and believe it or not...there are people that e-mail me and want to know if I am all right because I haven't posted.  Silly Billies.

Yes, I am fine. If I had died, you would have known because my daughter Pam has instructions to post that event on FB AND in this blog.
===========
What is there to post?  This quarantine has kept me home bound.  the muscles in my legs are becoming weak without my weekly visit to the HUGE grocery store that I used as my exercise program.  Walking the breadth and length of that store and up and down aisles.

So, I initiated a walking program.  Every day, out at 2:00 (after my Soap) and attempting to walk down to the corner, perhaps a block away.  But, half-way there my back would start aching.  My legs would feel weak, my pace unsteady, my balance was off.

So, I went into the shed and hauled out the walker that Medicare gave Fred after his heart surgery.  One of those fancy ones--with hand brakes and even a seat.  That helped a bit.  Sometimes Jackie would walk with me, she also using her walker.  Sometimes Pearl's daughter would come out and push Pearl, in her wheelchair, Merle tagging along behind us, occasionally Dar would bring her 98 year old father out in his wheelchair and we would parade along.

We did that on two occasions, coincidentally on the two days we had of Spring.  Now it is 90 degrees with the humidity at 62% and it feels like July or August.  I am heat-sensitive, ever since a heat stroke took me out years ago, and I get nauseated and faint in the heat.  Sometimes I want to slap Dar who brags, to all that listen, that she loves the hot weather and I just need to drink more water to cure my problem.  Of course, she complains and suffers in the winter time, when I am outside with no hat or gloves enjoying the cold, crisp air.
Maybe she needs to drink more water.
====================
This quarantine has taken all the fun away.  Although I am used to staying home and only going out to the store or bank once a week or every 10 days, to know that I am supposed to stay out of the stores and the ones I want to go to are closed, has set me back.  AND if I go--once a month to pick up a prescription, I have to wear a mask and those dang things are hot!

I need a hair cut!  My hair hasn't been this long in many years and it is heavy hair and it is hot.

I need to go to JoAnns or Michaels and get the kids cross stitched wedding sampler stretched and framed.  Both stores are closed and my hands are so weak and shaky that I can no longer stretch and frame the piece myself.

So, I'm closed up in the house with the A/C running and it is just like being closed up in the house in winter with the furnace running.  Closed up is closed up, no matter when it is.  I want the windows and screen door open to let in the fresh, spring breeze, but like I said, we only had 2 days of spring.

It is very tiring with nothing to do.  No genealogy to work on.  No ability to go out into the gardens.  No grocery shopping to do.  Nothing.

Now you can see why I don't post more often.

I have nothing to say.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you here again! We all do worry when a favorite blogger doesn't show up when we expect.

    The nothingness of this pandemic lock down is getting to me too. I need a screen repaired, can't do it. Need a haircut, can't do it. New a bone infusion, can't do it. etc. etc. But I do need to keep on breathing for a few more years, at least so I'm supportive of the stay-home/mask orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. I'm not using FB much with all the conspiracy theories on Covid19 and political misinformation (that people believe!) so blogging is it. And I'm ready to start back up again. Nothing exciting to write about except for Quarantine Life and what we make of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY HI LADY!!!!! OK Let's get this party started back up shall we

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - we can social distance - you can blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in the country and the pandemic seems so very far away down here. At home in the city - it is very real as we live in Dallas county and that's rather a hot spot. So we do what shopping we need to do when we are in McLennen or Falls County.....only 6 cases in Falls and less than 100 in Waco!
    I think your walks sounded like fun! I exercise to videos at home or youtube exercise programs....like Tai Chi or yoga. Walking is best and with a little stretching thrown in - that is a good work out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Understand and right there with you
    walker and
    all. Just in the country and no one to walk with

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've had more cold weather since this??

    Not much going on here either; however, my daughter is back home with me now.

    I walked two days, and the next mornings something came up and I didn't. I need to though!

    Have been wondering about Merle and Pearl. I'm so forgetful so not remembering, if I knew, that she's in a wheelchair now. She's really had a time, hasn't she? Poor lady.

    Of course we're both on FB pretty much, and I haven't blogged much either. Just blonde Friday last week and today the great's photo's. If you haven't seen on FB, look, ok? They are growing up tooooo fast. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, there is a new tv show on that I think you would like--The Genetic Detective. This from an announcement: The all-new series follows investigative genetic genealogist CeCe Moore as she uses her unique research skills to transform the face of crime solving. By working with police departments and crime scene DNA, Moore is able to trace the path of a violent criminal’s family tree to reveal their identity and help bring them to justice. It's on your ABC affiliate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey kiddo! Good to see your post. Yes you do have something to say! I like reading about your Dar, and Merle and Pearl adventures. You may not think they are much, but they give me a window peek into your world. I'm glad you are feeling pretty ok, considering the blasted Covid stuff we're all in. Geeezzzz!What a blast, huh! Ugh. One thing I never really thought I'd use in a normal sentence was pandemic, but, well, I have!
    Girl, I hope you can get out to JoAnnes soon. I hope they open back up!
    I wonder how many stores will open back up that are being looted and burned in Minneapolis! Wow. Just wow. It is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with bluebird49, I really enjoy a peek into your daily life, your honesty when a situation is comical or depressing and the latest activities of Dar, Merle and Pearl. You must blog only when you feel like it but you will always have an eager audience in my home. We are in Lockdown in the U.K. with still too many daily deaths to ease up much. I’m 71, so I’ve not been outside my garden much at all since March, however I have learnt how to Zoom! xx

    ReplyDelete