title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, May 3, 2020

What beautiful weather we have been having...well at least the last two days.  Tomorrow it will rain again and get colder.  At least with the nicer weather, it makes the whole CV-19 go away for awhile.

It all feels very normal, when I wake up in the morning.  I get up, feed the cats, look outside at my spring bulbs blooming so nicely.  Spring bulbs come up no matter what else is going on in the world.  If I keep the TV off, there is no News of the latest cases and deaths to disturb my peace.  It's nice not to have to deal with reality for a few hours at least.

I watched a virtual graduation ceremony for my grandson Stephen and his fiancee' Carolyn.  It wasn't exactly a ceremony.  The Dean was on with a few comments, then a photo of each graduate, with the medical degree they had earned.  It took 90 minutes to show those photos.  I watched and waited so I could take a screen shot with my camera of the kids.  The photos didn't turn out real well.






After 8 years of study, they are both Doctor's.
They have postponed their wedding until August 20th.  We are still having their virtual shower on May 17th.
===================

Maddie sent me a photo of my 2 month old great grandson that I still have not seen in person.  Bright blue eyed, little blonde.  He looks so serious.  Benedikt

 ==============================
I went out to check my garden today.  They are coming along just as they should AND my pair of Baltimore Orioles showed up at the feeder today.



 ============================
I got my Economic Impact check and I can't begin to tell you how secure it felt...for a day anyway.  Then I went to the bank and deposited more than half of it, came home and wrote out checks on some bills that have been overdue for 4 months, and now I have way less than half...which is still nice.  I have stashed it in my "emergency" jar, hidden in this house.  It's not that I don't trust the bank with all of it, but I am a bit leery of hackers and I do like to have cash in the house.  

Reminds me of my great grand parents.  After the Crash of 1929, they bought a big safe and put it in their house and kept all their money in there...for years and years.
=======================
The hair salons here in Michigan will open on May 28th.  By then, I will be 4 months overdue for a hair cut.  I will be going in, even though I'm a bit scared.  

Hey--if I pick up the Bad Buggie there, at least my hair will look nice for my hospitalization and funeral!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard the date for the hair salons opening. I'll have to try to book an appointment. Those shops are going to be cray-busy!

    Your grandson and his future wife are going to be in my neck of the woods. They will like the hospitals and area, I think. Feel bad for all the kids who missed graduations this year. They've got car parades planned around here for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our governor, (Virginia), is a nutty tyrant. 😖

    ReplyDelete
  3. How proud you must be of grandson and granddaughter to be. Two doctors in the family to watch over you!

    My hairdresser texted last week that she can take me after May 6 so I made my appointment for a few days later. It will only be 6 weeks since my last cut and color which is my usual time. She has her own salon and it's just her and her client. This woman is a germophobe so I feel perfectly safe with her if she feels safe with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable great grandson, Judy. I know you can't wait to meet him! I'm sure missing spending time with my greats; maybe not too much longer. I feel sure I picked up that 'bug' while in the hospital and then nursing home. Most of the symptoms are gone now thankfully.

    It's nice to have that little cushion tucked away; I'm trying not to use mine but who knows! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Judy, yes, my hair is the longest it's been in maybe 40 years. I'm wondering if, when the time of safety comes (whenever that is, if it is) I will get a haircut or simply decide to let it grow and save money on haircuts! I'm getting more frugal as I age. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers look beautiful! It's nice to have that secure feeling a little money in the bank gives you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and little Benedikt is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete