title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Well, what have I been up to?
5'11", but now I'm 5'10'.
=====================
Nuttin' much going on here.
The Stink Bugs are back, ever trying to get into the house to "winter-over" up in the ceiling trim and produce more Stink Bugs in the spring.
I keep telling myself I need to get outside and cut back and clean up the perennial gardens, but for some reason, I don't.  There are many excuses.
#1.  The yard waste people just came and they won't be here for another two weeks, so I have plenty of time.
#2.  It isn't even Autumn yet, so I have plenty of time.
#3. I have to drag so much stuff out of the shed, in the wheel barrow to get it done.
#4.  The sun is too hot.
#5.  It's too cloudy and it might rain.
#6.  It's going to make my back hurt.
==================
It is such a procedure nowadays!.
Gone are the days when I could work outside for 4-6 hours and enjoy it and live to tell about it.
Now...I have to load up my wheel barrow with: Loppers, small garden shears, electric hedge trimmer, long extension cord for said trimmer.  The yard waste bags.  My trowel.  The rake.  My hand digger.  My folding chair so I can sit to do most of the job.

Today would be a perfect day.  My back feels pretty good.  The sun is nice and it is only 74, but...the yard waste guys came this morning so that means, if I cut back/cleaned up, I would have to store the full bags in my shed and then haul them out September 30th.

Maybe, if conditions are right, I will get out there on Saturday the 28th.  I don't work on Sundays, no matter how nice it is outside, so that takes out the 29th.  Besides, the 29th is Rosh Hashanah.

Oh good.  Another excuse.  If it is a special Jewish or Catholic day, I can't work.
=========================
I had lunch with the Old School Gal Pals last Thursday.  Our Senile friend was picking on someone other than me, for a change.  She tells these "stories" and then turns to someone and says, "You remember Ruth.  You were there."

Ruth does not remember because it never happened.

Like the time my friend Bethie wasn't at lunch and Senile Liz went on about how Bethie's husband offered me a ride home, but he kept stopping and the ride home took seven hours and I thought he was kidnapping me?

"You remember Judy.  How you told me you were so scared you'd never get home?"

Never even close to happening.

We don't know where she comes up with these things.  Some are humorous and we laugh, unless it involves one of us.  Then whomever she has involved, looks confused and says something like, "No.  That wasn't me.  Must have been someone else." and we keep on eating, or someone will jump in with another subject.

Ah--the joys of getting old!
=============
I did get to stop in for a visit with my sister at The Farm.  Probably the only reason I go to the luncheon.  If they are held in the town near The Farm, I use that day for a visit with Sister.  When "they" want to go some where else and it is not convenient for a stop on the way home at The Farm, for me, I usually do not attend.

Although with Senile Liz, I probably should attend all the luncheons if only to defend myself.

Sister and I sat in her smaller living room, which used to be the parlor in the olden days.  Very nice and cozy and we just talked--about her son and my kids and her giving me information about my daughter Jennifer and Jen's oldest, my grandson Andrew who, at 17 years old, just started college at some private college near Boston.  He hates it!

I think he should have taken a year in between high school and college.  What do they call that year?  I know there is a name for it.  Of course, I have not mentioned my thoughts to anyone.  I feel like there are spies in the family that would report back to Jen of "Do you know what your Mother said?!"  
==================
My snoopy, gossipy cousin who got me into trouble with Jen and caused me to delete my original blog and make this new, unable to find in any search list one, has somehow gotten on my friends list on Face Book.  Every time I post something, I can feel her lurking in the background.  I am putting her on my "restricted" list so she can't find me.
==============
That's about it.  Here I sit, with my excuses and my paranoia.  How pitiful. LOL 

13 comments:

  1. When YOU feel the time is right, you'll get around to the outdoor work. Or not!

    GOOD FOR YOU for restricting her access to your Facebook! I always forget and now worry if I've said something about your blog. Just delete it if I ever make that mistake. PEOPLE! Worse when they are family.

    Thanks for going grey comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umderstand much you share
    me 85 in October, mind says 50
    I am trying to forget what I cannot do
    and make a list in my mind of what I can do
    and that is quite a lot.
    Arthur has overtaken me, a lot of pain
    but keep moving and doing.
    I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about getting things done. It will all be there when you feel like doing it. That is what I keep telling myself too.(-: It's great you are using the restricted list. I have had to do that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We aren't getting stink bugs on this side of the state this year. So far, knock on wood. I heard a ton of them died off last winter because it was so cold and my house was without heat last winter during the ice storm for four days. Didn't see them last spring either. Before that, we were overrun with them. I hate them!

    I haven't done any of my fall work yet either. I know I should but I don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Judy, my suggestion is to do a little each day. One day put the paraphernalia in the wheel barrow; then the next day do only 15 minutes of work. The body tells us that we need to cherish it. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go out to do some trimming and then find other things to do, like raking all the leaves that have begun to fall or pulling up all the palm trees that have started to sprout, or sweeping down the spider webs. Then I'm ready to go back inside. It is getting cooler now. The last couple of days were in the 80s which makes it easier to work outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I blocked my hateful sister on my facebook. I need to get out in the garden but we just throw the debris in the compost pile. Poor senile Liz I am thankful for my good brain.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. you will get to it judy...but all of your excuses seem pretty good to me!! i am lucky to have chuck, he cleaned out about half of the garden beds today and also cleaned the garage. it was my birthday present. i don't need anything...i don't want anything, so that is what i asked for!!!

    you are far from pitiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of my daughter; she was 17 and should have taken a year off before going to college. :)

    I think it's great that you go to the lunches, Judy. I should go to mine, but I'd have to drive over the scariest bridge ever build, and they go to the same place every month. :(

    Actually, I've blocked a couple of people from my FB and I'm not friends with Patti. LOL

    Take care; don't worry about yard stuff. You'll get to it. I haven't done much outside lately and can't really put my finger on why I haven't.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ug! Stink bugs! I've seen a few of those ugly things lately! Hopefully we'll have plenty of sunshiny days for yard work left!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I've dropped out of everything now. Depressed and depressing. I had a blog once that I really loved writing pretty freely on. Then a nurse at my doctor's office asked me if that wasn't my blog. I deleted years of that blog when I got home. All of it. I wasn't as anonymous as I thought, somehow. (She was good friends with my SIL, then I just didn't feel "safe" anymore.) Wish I'd copied it now!
    Feel better, friend!

    ReplyDelete