title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Very pregnant Grand Daughter Helene and Della.  Grandma Daughter Karen was upstairs painting the nursery and Grandpa was putting the bassinet together.

I don't know why I get so fussed up about the heat and humidity.  It's almost like this weather makes me mad.  Like there is anything I can do about?

I guess it's because it's like winter--which I actually like, but being all closed up in the house, with blinds lowered to keep out the sun's heat and the A/C fan running, instead of the furnace heat fan, at this time of year, when I want to be outside...just ticks me off.

So, just to tick me off, it is going to be the hottest this week, with temps in the 90's, which means "feels like" triple digits.  That and the fact the A/C in my car only comes through the vents sporadically, ticks me off even more.  I don't like to sweat!!!

By the way--I looked back in my journal and exactly a year ago this week, we had the same kind of weather.  It's Mid-July in Michigan, what else should I expect?  Except--it ticks me off.
=================
The last time I spoke with my 2nd ex husband, he was just out of the hospital from prostate cancer surgery.  He was working on putting in his garden and feeling pretty good.  I had fully intended to get up to visit him this early summer...when we have our Gal Pals lunch in Durand, it is only a few miles north to his place....I just never was in the mood to listen to his political rants.

Last Saturday was his birthday, so I called him.  No answer, so I left a message, but he has not called back.  I don't know how to find out what is going on.  His children do not associate with him.  He has very few friends--like maybe 5. He could be dead for all I know.  I check the obits everyday, but that really doesn't mean anything.  Sometimes people die and if there is no services, there is no obit printed in the paper.  There would be no services for him.

Sad isn't it?  To live 88 years and have no one in your life who cares?  He drove them all away.  Seven wives and I doubt any of them would care...except for me, because I feel sorry for his poor soul.
=================
I am going to sneak out this afternoon to get my hair cut.  Only a 6 mile ride, so I think I can survive with no A/C in the car.  It looks like rain.  I hope it pours all the way there and back--at least that would cool down the car's exterior.

See ya----------





10 comments:

  1. I don't have the A/C on in the house unless it gets over 85. I have this notion that sweating is good for me since I don't do it very often. It sure has been HOT! But I do think the heat makes a lot of us cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's mid-July which is usually days over 100 degrees here in the central valley, but this year we are in the 90s. The mornings are so beautiful I can hardly stand to be inside. Once I'm out of bed, I'm out the door. The thing that saves us, though, is the humidity--we don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Judy, I was born in April of 1936, and that summer was one of the hottest on record (at the time). Mom and Dad took me each night to a nearby park where we slept on a blanket. Most of our neighbors came there too. No air conditioning but often Missouri has a lovely breeze even in the midst of heat. I don't know how everyone got along without A/C. What a treasure it is for us now. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, like Dee - how did we do it without a/c? I remember those days and it really didn't bother me. When we lived in El Centro on the base, Dad would carry us to the indoor pool. Even with sandals on, the heat would come right through.

    I didn't know Helene was expecting again; how wonderful! I take it she lives in your town, or are her parents visiting her? That Della is so absolutely beautiful.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, Helene told us at Christmas that she was pregnant with Fraternal Twin boys. We learned 3 weeks later that one of the fetus had stopped developing. We are praying that this baby boy is perfect in every way.

      Delete
    2. Oh, me too, Judy! Prayers up! xoxo

      Delete
  5. a sweet picture of grand daughter helene and della, della looks to be a real sweetie!! be careful if you go out judy, you really should have a/c in your car!!

    we are having extreme heat here in new jersey, i don't even think the pool will help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better, Judy. This heat is awful, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been gone but 'where you is'? Hope you're okay.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete