title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Lord have mercy!

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a Ferris Wheel.  I'm either at the bottom, at the top, or the wheel has stopped and I'm stuck in the middle.  I think I prefer the middle.  Not too high, not too low, just swinging gently in the middle.

I so dreaded Monday.  I didn't know which "car" task to do first.  Did I drive up to Howell to Auto Parts and have them check the code to see why my Check Engine light was on?  Did I drive down to Brighton first to set up an appointment at the body shop to get my passenger side mirror replaced?  I had pondered on this most of the weekend.  I felt so tired, I didn't want to do either one.

I wanted Fred to just do it for me.  He could do the running around and take care of it for me.  I think of Fred a lot.  He loved to go grocery shopping.  He'd haul in the groceries AND put them away.  and of course, his Social Security check, along with mine, paid all the household bills with some left over.

Well, Fred has been gone these last 7 1/2 long years.  So......

I must have had a God Whisper because as I was pondering my Monday duties, I got the idea to call my car repair guys down in Brighton.

"Just bring the car in, Judy.  We can check the Code and see what's going on.  It won't cost anything."

That meant, after I was done there, I would stop at the body shop on the way home---which was only 4 blocks from the service garage and on the same side of the street.  No trying to make a left hand turn across 3 lanes of traffic in the middle of the block.

I got to the service garage at 2:30--told the guys I thought it was probably the O2 Sensor.  (Having worked in a car dealership service department sure comes in handy.)  It took the guy 5 minutes.  Sure enough it is the O2 Sensor, but as long as the car is not running rough, I can just keep driving and have it replaced when I want.  (Get enough money).  The O2 Sensor regulates the gas/oil mixture.  If it is bad, gas mileage will be down and black smoke comes out the exhaust.  The car is running smooth as my cat's fur, so I am not going to worry about it.

On to the body shop.  Girl in there, took my old mirror, ordered a new one and said she'd call when it came in.

I was home by 3:35!!!!!

I am a bit uneasy with driving around without a passenger side mirror.  Not that I need one.  My rear view mirror makes seeing the right side road activity possible.  But you just never know--some cop might see it's missing and pull me over.  So--being the brilliant woman that I am, I have the paper from the body shop, showing the mirror has been ordered, in my purse.  Proof.

Not that I've driven anywhere since Monday, but..............
==================
We've had 3 days of wonderful weather.  After a week of being shut up in the house with the A/C running, suddenly the humidity calmed down, the temps were in the mid '70's and in the '60's at night, so windows were open for night time sleeping.  I just find it so nice to have the bedroom window open at night.
================
Have you ever had an eyelid twitch?  How annoying, right?  For a month or more, I have had twitches in my back muscles.  I only feel them if I am leaning back in my chair or if I lay on my left side at night, but still annoying and I wonder--what causes them.

Age related, right?

I got an e-mail from my cousin.  She has been having digestive problems.  All tests are negative, but bouts of diarrhea, for unknown reasons.  The doc told her it was "age related".

Now that I have reached Level 80, I suppose I am going to have age related stuff.  Age Related means there is nothing they can do for it, I suppose.

Like, dark, crusty spots all over my back.  Drooping eyelids.  Hair falling out.  Arthritis pain.  Twitches in my back muscles.  Constipation.

Ah-hh, it's a wonderful life.

5 comments:

  1. Not quite sixty. My husband is on social security and I still in the work force. not going into details I wonder about our finances once one of us is gone. There a small amount of saving but if either of us makes it past 85 But like lot of we sure not going on any world cruise.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Don, especially, when it comes to dealing with the car. It's our generation...we're so use to it being 'man's job' to maintain the car and even though we are capable we don't like the responsibility of it, reminds of our loss.

    My mom died of a "age related" thing aka something going on that the doctor didn't find because he quit looking. That a thing to tell someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes the eye twitch. Had it the other night, seemed like all night since I still had it the next morning.

    I remember several years ago my rear view mirror fell off (me thinks it had a little help, you know by a little) LOL I didn't have it replaced.

    I have the drooping eyelids also, and keep thinking I'll have that fixed since Medicare covers that if it's affecting/effecting your vision.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a hard knock life! Husbands sure come in handy. I'm missing the hugs and snuggles and sharing gossip because I knew it wouldn't go any further. And the man stuff! But lucky I have a great son in law.

    Our summer has been cool and cloudy. Yesterday the sun came out and we hit 82 and today 83. Last year we had over 30 days of 90 or above so I am fine with cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww, you must miss fred for so many reasons!!!

    i have those dark crusty spots on my back. it is easy to get under them and scrape them off when they are soft, after i shower. chuck takes them off for me!!

    ReplyDelete