title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, February 2, 2019

If I had money, I would hire a companion.  Not to live with me, but near me.  Preferably a male companion.  Someone around 65-68, who didn't drink or swear.

Someone who would drive me to the grocery store, let me out at the front door, put all the pop bottles through the bottle return, while I shopped, push the cart out to the car, load the trunk, drive me home, haul all the groceries inside and put them on the kitchen counter.

Someone who would come over and watch a basketball or football game with me.  Preferably a Michigan State fan.  Play a game of Backgammon or Cribbage.

Someone who would haul all the stuff out of my cupboards and closets so I could go through it...deliver the donations to Salvation Army, haul out the garbage can, mop the kitchen floor, trim the bushes, weed the gardens, clean the ceiling fan, wash the windows, mow the lawn, and plant the Purple Redbud tree I want to get.

Someone who, in May, would drive me to Nag's Head, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, where I would rent the same cottage on the beach that Fred and I stayed at, but for a month, instead of a week.

Someone who, in September, would drive me to Vermont and then back along the Canadian border to Niagara Falls.  I've been to the Falls 7 times, but I want to see them one more time.

Someone who, next June, would drive me through the Canadian Rockies to Alaska.  On the way home, I'd want to drop down and see Mount Rushmore, one more time.

While I was traveling, I would hire someone to come live in my house and take care of the cats.  Preferably a female.

If I had money, that's what I would do for the next 16 months.

17 comments:

  1. I had to laugh reading this blog entry because I've often said if I won the lottery the first thing I'd do is hire me a personal assistant to drive me around, manage my appointments and home maintenance people, take me to concerts, movies, restaurants and plays downtown and on mini trips to the beach. Only I want a younger guy about 50 who'd be at my beck-and-call three days a week and one evening for social stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want a guy that's strong enough to do all the chores and mentally aware enough to drive me all over the places I want to go. Maybe a Gay guy that I could hug once in awhile and he wouldn't get any "ideas".

      Delete
  2. If I had money I’d be tempted to do exactly the same as you. I wonder though, I bet in the future there will be some robots that will become so human-like that we will be able to use them as companions. My daughter just told me that I need to go out and walk, go and try to speak to people, that even though I told her I am fine by myself now, she said my brain needs talking to another human. I asked her if saying “Hi” to the grocery clerk counted, she sighed …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter tells me the same thing.
      Personally--I can't wait for those robots!!!!

      Delete
  3. I am always saying I need "staff."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of us...If I had the money I would__________. Have you thought of trying to local senior citzen community. I bet there someone who you could swap favors for.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole bartering thing might not work for me. They would want something from me or tell me how something should be done.
      I want "hired help", that does what I say, my way, and doesn't argue about it.

      Delete
  5. That would be the best-spent money ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A agree. It you hire you are in control, if you barter they try to tell you how to do stuff. robots would be great that looked human enough to pass and drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic and funny post. You have made me smile. I hope you get your wish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are too funny judy!! i have much of this, but he lives with me and it doesn't cost me a penny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a Chuck and I mean that literally.
      I wish I had a man named Chuck. My sister has a Chuck.
      I knew a guy in college named Chuck.
      I've never met a bad Chuck!!!!

      Delete
  9. Girl, you don't wish for much, do you!? Lol! Might as well go for the gold, though.. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will never come true, because I will never have more than twenty dollars set aside, but I was pondering about "wouldn't it be fun."

      Delete
    2. Hey, why waste a "wish" or even a ponder, I say! Go as far and as big as possible with it! It's a dream, so why not go for the gold!
      I'm just so glad you're not too depressed to dream and write about it with your great wit! I wish I had the good health to do more, because we're not so completely debt-ridden and we have no kids at home. We could actually go to the mountains (or beach) for a few days a year, and still be able to pay bills. (Not at a Sheraton or Hilton...just Holiday Inn Express!) That's something I always wished for, but now can't just do physically.
      Ed is glad, (maybe willing would be more accurate), to get groceries for us now, or wash a load of clothes, or go out and bring in supper for us. That's big for him, really! I should have shot for that from the first. Or more!! You only live once! (Maybe I'm dying of something and he won't tell me! Lol.)
      I'll be wishing a "Chuck" will come along for you --a "beck and call Chuck"! Now when my husband can't "outlast" me and has to get out of his recliner for something, I'm not shy at all about asking him to bring me something like a glass of water, etc. I used to be.
      Shoot, when we were younger, I was the beck and call person! Now I'm older, I'll use any beck and call as much as I want. (I think he got a bit worried about the pulmonary embolism I had in 2016; he had to either sleep nights in a hospital chair or be home alone for 21 nights,and he hates being alone!)
      If I go first, I expect him to "date" within a week or so, then marry as soon as possible! And that is fine by me.
      Hmmmm, I can't think of a "bad Chuck", either. Maybe a Chuck by any other name.....
      Hugs,
      Trudy

      Delete