title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Hi there.  This is Nanook of the North.

Like a few others, we had snow, then freezing rain, then more snow and then more snow.  Dan the Snowing Clearing man has showed up to my house each of the last two days and I have told him, "No!"  I have no where to go and today, it is supposed to be 45 degrees and rain, which I figured will clear off my car and a lot of my driveway.  Besides, I don't have $20.00 to pay him.

He goes to Dar's every day.  She insists he comes if we get an inch of snow.  She wants her car and her driveway cleared, even if she isn't going anywhere.  He makes enough money off her that he shouldn't miss by not clearing mine.  

My dental appointment for this afternoon was canceled, YAY--so I have no place I need to go until next Tuesday for my pre-wellness check, blood work.  I am running out of food, so I might run down about 1/2 mile to get a Subway, as I have a gift card there.

I'm just having a great time working on a genealogy, so I don't care if it snows a foot--I can sit inside, work and watch it falling outside my windows.
=============================
The sun came out and when I hauled my garbage out to the street for pick-up, I swept all the snow and ice off my car and pushed the snow shovel along to make a path from my porch to my car.

Then I sprinkled some Ice Melt on it and by the time I took off, around 3:30, that path was clear.  I drove on down to get a Subway for supper.

Dan the Snowing Clearing Man stopped by around 4:30 and wanted to know if I wanted him to clear off the other side of my driveway.  I told him, "No.  It will be melted in a little while.  At least by May first."

HAH--that kids wants money, but I don't have any to give.

8 comments:

  1. Sound like your keep busy regardless of weather.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a snow higher than my windows windosills. We don't expect snow for a few days and some melting. But I'll be shoveling my deck to make sure the next storm doesn't totally cover my windows up. It's been quite a winter here once it got started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that the guy wants to work! He should ALWAYS ask first. I bet the Subway sandwich tasted like heaven

    We have SNOW on Maui's mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Valentine's Day, Nanook! I think we're having a false spring here in VA...up in the 60s.
    Hard to find anyone around here who wants to work!
    hugs,
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have azalea's and camellia's blooming now; usually in December. So, it's nice to see some color.

    Take care, Judy, if you do need to go out.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check on you regularly; good to see you are doing ok.
    You sound cosy and busy.
    Dar’s a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and staying put in weather like that is the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to hear that you are surviving all of that snow!! some people count on/rely on the money they earn from snow removal. we have people that help us with our income properties and they told chuck "they are starving"...it is the only income they have during the winter!! (we have had almost no snow)!!!

    that was a good idea, that someone gave you a subway gift card!!

    ReplyDelete