title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, November 18, 2018

You know?  Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind.  Today is one of those days.  I can't seem to concentrate on anything and thus, I've sat in my chair, watched a basketball game and a movie.

I should be working on this big genealogy my friend Beth gave me.  But I can't seem to figure out what I should do.  Start writing the book?  Design and make a pedigree?

I have a crochet project, but my hands are so shaky that I can't get the hook in the right hole and it's like, I can't figure out the complicated pattern.
==================
Maybe it's because my mind is on daughter Pam?  She came home Friday.  To stay.  She is unable to work and wanted to get on Disability, and thought sister Jennifer could help her, but that didn't work.  Then she was using her Food Assistance card in New Jersey and Michigan called and told her that because she hadn't used it in Michigan in months--they were closing that account.

So--at least her house is still standing and a flip of two switches brought her hot water tank and furnace back into working order.  Plus, she has an appointment this Wednesday to meet with the people at Health & Services to see if they can get her on SSI and get her health insurance re-established.

She did have a good visit out there and helped so much with the kids and said that leaving them was awfully hard, but she also said that Jennifer's life/house is so chaotic that she is enjoying the peace and quiet of living alone once again.

I've prayed so long for her to come home and now I am happy she is nearby once again--although I do worry about her health and financial problems.
=============================
Also heard via the family grapevine that son Mark's "numbers" were up at his 3 month check-up and he had to get an MRI to see if his cancer tumors are growing again.  He has been in remission for a year, but you know, with cancer..................it can always come back.  I won't find out until my sister does and tells me because....none of my kids want to tell me anything.
==========================
I heard a strange sound this morning while I was waking up.  I thought Maggie the Cat was up on the counter and knocked something off.  When I got up, I noticed that a very light-weight cross stitch I have hung up over my back door, had fallen.  Apparently when it fell, it caught on one of the mini blind slats and broke it off.



My sister and BIL are coming Tuesday to put clear plastic on the inside of the back door to keep the drafts out, so...looks like now I have to trudge out to find a new mini blind.  No big deal--they cost less than 10 bucks--it's just the hassle with my back hurting so badly, to have to get in and out of the car, walk way back to the curtain section of the store and hope to find one the right size on my first try.

Do you ever get so tired of not feeling well, of the pains in your joints, of all the little annoyances life throws at you, that you just want to lay down and go to sleep---forever?

9 comments:

  1. Sorry you're down in the dumps today. Too many things on your worry plate beyond your control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi judy...you lost your mojo!! i find when that happens, it's best to do exactly what you did. i forced myself to knit the other day, i changed colors on the baby blanket and picked up the next "wrong" color. i knitted 10 rows before i realized it. had to rip them out anyway!!

    i love the cross stitch that fell, it's in my beauty zone!!

    maybe you are worried about too many things. i know how you feel and yet i always refer to you as my tenacious blogger. i hope today is better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope today is better. I do know I've felt like that many times. Glad you keep putting one foot in front of the other and still blog. Miss you when you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not do well with pain. So I know exactly how you feel ... your brain (filled with enough worry for the whole state of Michigan) can't focus on just one thing. Go with the flow! Onward and Upward. Lay low until you are feeling better, physically and emotionally.

    I hope I have enough money to last so I don't have to go through all the crap you guys have to do. I can't believe the agency would only give a single person $23 a MONTH for food. I couldn't eat healthy for a week on that amount!

    Hope things go better this week ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think you and Pam could be roommates? Seems like living in a house would be higher utilities, more cleaning and it's not much fun cooking/eating alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping you're feeling better, Judy. I've never felt that I wouldn't want to wake up even though I do have the bipolar. Also, prayers for you, Pam and Mark. I had not idea that Pam couldn't work; that's sad. :(

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. I do know what it feels like. The holidays don't help, either! I hope you'll feel better and that Pam can get government help, too.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry for all of your sorrows. I know it is hard to get past them.
    The one thing I did when when my husband was so sick. Before I went to bed each night I wrote something I was thankful for, for that day in a journal. It could only be good. And trust me some days I wrote I got through the day. But the more you do it the more you find to be thankful for. Trust me it works. I wish you lots of joy in the future.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete