title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Frustrated

When I got my second hair cut at a New (for me) salon in town, it cost $35.00.  I wondered about the discrepancy because my first cut there cost $25.00.  As I left I ask the gal at the counter about it.
'I paid $25.00 last time."
She clicked on her computer, "No last time...you paid forty-seven.  It was less this time because it was just a trim."

Well, knowing full well that I couldn't have paid forty-seven dollars for a hair cut and not remembered, when I got home, I checked my Debits from my checking account.  Sure enough, I paid twenty-five dollars.  

Okay--so it looked good for the wedding, but..........here we are, not even two weeks out and my hair is waaay too long in front.  I started feeling around my head.

The tip top of my head--the hair is one inch--which is perfect.  The hair on the crown is 2.5" and the front is over 3"!!  I have this big gray "surfer" wave going on.  It keeps wanting to fall down on my forehead/eyebrows.

Wouldn't you think that a professional stylist at an upscale salon would know how to cut short hair?  Especially after I showed her 3 photos, at different angles of how I wanted it cut?

I had another appointment with her on July 3rd--by then my hair will stick out like Bozo the Clown  the sides are getting there already.  I called and canceled that appointment and made one for this Friday at the salon I used to go to.  My stylist there, died 2+ years ago and I haven't had a decent cut since.  I am taking in photos again and "teaching" the new girl that I have gone to twice before, how to get the cut the way I want it, not the way they think it should be!

Besides she charges $17.00 and I can teach her, as we go along, I just might be happy.  My hair is about the only thing that I have pride in.  It is my best feature and I'd like to keep it that way.
===========================
Today I went to the dentist for my 4 month cleaning.  Lately this office as been all in a dither with using the ultra-sound cleaning process.  I don't like it--half the time I feel like I'm drowning and I get so tired of that noise in my ear.  Today, the hygienist used the old way--digging and scraping.  It was so relaxing.  I enjoy have the back of my teeth scraped.  Unfortunately, she found a small cavity so I have to go back.  I just got my bill to them paid off.  Now I will have $210.00 to start paying on.  I send them $40.00 a month and like to built up a credit, but..................
===================
I started cleaning this house last weekend.  I tend to lay stuff on the counter tops and with this open concept plan, anyone who walks in my door, sees the clutter.  Of course my back was killing me.  I started with the bedroom and worked forward to this room.  I got it done the first day--except this office--the messiest, dustiest room in the house.  

I got that done Monday--took me over 2 hours--for one room!!!  I still have to do the windows, which if you watched the video I made last year, I have to clear off my desk, sit on it, then stand on the 4" widow ledge, brace my calves back against the desk, to take down the curtains and wash the window.  It's kind of tricky.  I am doing it Friday.
============================

Tomorrow is lunch with the Old School Gal Pals in a town about 50 miles from here.  Luckily it is going to be a nice day, with low humidity, which is nice as the A/C in my car only works intermittently.
=================
Look at this.  I've been working on it every day since January and not even half done.  The pattern is very complicated as well as the stitching.


17 comments:

  1. Wow! $48 (or $35) for a haircut and $25 for a trim! I would not go back either. It's so hard to find a good cut and one that is reasonably priced.

    When you get your house finished come help with mine. I tend to dump things on the countertops too, and cleaning windows? Forget it. I'm having so much trouble lately keeping up with things like filing and laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment about Katherine, Judy--I feel that way, too. But there may be that 0.1% chance that this is more. She's always been the easy, quiet child, while David insisted on attention. Now he is getting older, he's quieter...and she's even quieter.
    Please don't fall while cleaning. (Or any other time!)
    Is gas getting more expensive up there? 50 miles is a good ways to drive!

    I know about haircuts! I read once that there's only 1 day a year we're pleased with our haircuts! Since whoever cuts mine never listens to me, I wouldn't know!
    Have a good 'rest of June'! Where does time go. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't thing out of sight when it comes to things. I was in the store my hubby want me to pick up some fruit and it shocking, prices that is.
    Last time I had a hair cut it cost me $25 and I been thinking of having an perm.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to the nearest Great Clips for a $16 haircut. Do I like it? Usually not, but I don’t like $40 cuts any better. There’s no way I would risk a fall by climbing to clean windows and curtains. I no longer even step up on a step stool. A fall is far to dangerous for people our age. I’m very clear though that you have every intention of running that risk. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad to know you got the job done while on that ledge. Evidently, you didn't fall and break anything. One less thing I have to worry about you. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not doing it until tomorrow, Sal.
      Keep praying. LOL

      Delete
    2. Well dud you do it? Lol
      Speaking of haircuts. I finally got mine cut today. The lady who has cut it the past year up and left. But, a fellow in the shop did just fine today. Lol

      Delete
  6. I don't think they teach haircutting in beauty college any more. Everyone wears their hair long (probably because they can't get a good cut) and the hairdressers don't know how to do short hair cuts. I'm dealing with that now with my young hairdresser. She is a great colorist, has a dynamite personality, but just doesn't know much about short hair. Every picture of her clients that I see is with long hair. I finally asked if I was her only short hair client. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stitching project!! :) You are so talented and it is a treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haircuts...my girl never cuts mine the same way twice! your needlework is progressing beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cross stitch looks complicated. You will have a sense of accomplishment when you finish it.
    I think you're right to go back to your former salon and try to "teach" the hairstylist.
    I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your girl pals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what an amazing piece you are working on!!!
    I hear you about the price of a hair cut. It went up 20% from one time to the next. But my pay didn't go up. very frustrating.I hope you have a wonderful time with friends.
    cleaning ugh I try to do a bit in the morning before I head to work so I can relax after dinner. and my weekends aren't all work and no play.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the stylist this time. I am glad I found a fellow blogger from Michigan. I live in Clay, MI near the St Clair River...about 30 min south of Port Huron. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many good memories of Port Huron. My grandparents lived there for 4 years. They lived about 2 blocks west of the Armory Park--used to roller skate down there and watch the boats.

      Delete
  12. Don't get me started on what I will do if and when my hairdresser, Alan, ever quits. He is 68 years old and works alone. He doesn't seem at all like a 68-year-old and says he's going to work as long as God lets him stand there. But nobody -- NObody -- will be able to make me happy haircut-wise other than Alan. So when he retires (or worse), I guess I'll have to shave my head and get a wig. I get my teeth cleaned every four months too -- the old-fashioned way. Sorry about that cavity. So annoying. Your cross stitch project is amazing! I can't believe you have the patience. xoxo

    ReplyDelete