title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I have been remiss----

Over a week since I posted.  What can I say?

It's too dang hot!!!  We are not used to 94 degree temps, with 80% humidity.  Here in the Mitten State, surrounded by cool Great Lakes and many trees, we shouldn't have to endure this kind of weather.  If I wanted to sweat and feel faint all the time, I'd move to Florida!!!

While my neighbors open their windows and doors in the morning, I have my A/C on all the time.  If it is cool, it doesn't come on.  It's the humidity, you see.  To keep it comfortable inside, one must keep it dry.  To keep it dry, one must run the A/C.  I once had an HVAC guy tell me, when the A/C comes on, it will run for an hour to cool and dry the house.  Sofa's, carpets, curtains all hold the moisture and heat---it takes a long time to cool those things off.  It is cheaper to keep the A/C on than it is to try and cool everything down in the afternoon.  So, until we get that cool, less humid front
to come through tomorrow or Friday, I will keep the house shut up.  That way, my A/C comes on infrequently.

Anyway--expecting a break in the weather and for the wedding this Saturday--72 degrees and low humidity.  YAY!

I have all my gardening done.  I only have one pot of annuals.  A day after I finished, we got a good, soaking rain.

Madeleine had a ballet recital last week, that I attended.  Not only does she still dance, but now she choreographs dances and teaches two classes.  It was delightful and I got home at 8:55, just as it was getting dark.

Yesterday, I got my hair cut and my eyebrows arched.  As I was reclining in the waxing chair, I heard someone say, "MOM!"  It was Karen, there to also get her hair cut.  I thought for the wedding she was probably going to wear her hair "up", but she said, "I'm here to get this hot mop chopped off!"  What that means to Karen and what that means to me are two different things.  She probably is going to get an inch cut off.  When I say that, it means, I want it a half inch short all over my head.

Although I got it trimmed, with still a bit of length to bring my hair over the top of my ears, after the wedding--------I will go back to have it cut around my ears, and short, short on top!

I was so lucky that one of my genealogy clients had mailed me $150.00 check, as being the end of the month, I have no money.  I cashed that check, filled the car with $3.09 a gallon gas, $39.00, got my hair cut and brows waxed = $50.00,  and a couple refilled ink jets=$50.00.  I still have $$$ left to buy food, which is needed, but too hot to drive a car that A/C only works intermittently.

I have never in my life seen so many Maple tree whizzers, falling and laying on my driveway.  I have heard from sister and friends that they too have this problem.  I wonder what is causing it.  Too cold and wet an early spring?  Too hot and dry a late spring?  Whatever, in my long life, it is not a natural occurrence.



I need to sweep them off because when rain comes,
they will turn mushy and start to decay
and stain my driveway.

First Lord Baltimore comes

Then Lady Baltimore comes 

Then Lord Baltimore checks out the Hummingbird
feeder to see if the juice in there is tastier than in his feeder. 

I did write about the genealogy I am working on, right?  Trying to find the correct "blood line" surname.  

It took me days, but I finally figured it out and have gone back 12 generations.   I decided though, that because I had done research on the adoptive families, I would also enclose a pedigree of those ancestors.  I have his book done--90 pages.

Now to start his wife's book.  At first they wanted them together, but you know, nowadays with the divorce rate and all, I figured I would do separate books--one of his family, one of hers.  That way, if any unforeseen divorce happens in the coming years, they won't have to fight over who gets custody of the genealogy--although probably that worry would be the last thing on their minds.

I just have this obsessive, perfectionist thing going on with my genealogies.  I want them to be true, accurate and perfect in every detail.

After all...what else do I have to do around here, but sit at the computer and work 5 hours a day.

Oh--yes--there is laundry and cleaning that needs doing.  I can barely walk into this room for all the "stuff" that needs putting away.  Dust an inch thick in here.  I haven't washed the windows or the curtains as yet.  I have too many papers and research stuff on my desk to even think about clearing it off.

Ahhh--there will be time for that...later.

10 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing your Lord and Lady Baltimores. I appreciate genealogists as particular about their work as you seem to be. Have a good time at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two little squirrels which make their rounds every day and eat the maple seeds. I also have a lot of maple seedlings in my flower beds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about good weather for the wedding! Hooray!

    Your genealogies are the BEST I've ever seen. Worth every penny and I know you don't even bill for ALL of your time. You're the best.

    Enjoy your birds and your computer time ... the rest always seems to wait for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot fathom that kind of heat and humidity. Here, if the humidity gets to 25% we are dying, and that's with AC. A lot of people here still have evaporative coolers which are of no help when the humidity gets so high. It rarely does, though. We go over 100 degrees, but it's a dry heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to get caught up on your life, Judy. Glad the weather will be a little colder for the wedding! Our humidity is 60% right now, can't wait for that to go down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both Lord and Lady Baltimore are sure pretty bird.
    Sound like you could use that money.
    Haven't done any genealogy lately.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I too am looking forward to the weather cooling off! Not that I every complain about the heat but this humidity is too much too early! I need to get outside and plant flowers and stuff. Enjoy the wedding this weekend and be sure to post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our humidity is horrible. It's like walking through pea soup, but I swear, your temps. are higher. I'm glad you will have milder weather for the wedding. Enjoy! And take lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to read here and in past blog posts that your genealogy research interest and talent is paying off for you

    It's been horribly hot here as well...like mid-July / we have had mid-summer weather but spring growth, in regards to weeds and grass, yet no reasonable spring temps to deal with that.

    I don't even have my window A/C units in yet !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire your genealogical expertise! My own genealogy puzzles me much of the time. I'm glad you can do such a good job for clients and get paid for doing it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete