title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, June 10, 2021

  Well last Friday was one of those kind of days, that left me emotional, but so happy. I had talked it over with my sister, last month when she took me up to her house. My mother built me a doll house for my 3rd Christmas. No young girls left to play with it and I wanted to say where it went before I die. Just one of those things you want done...just in case.

Today, my daughter Karen, her oldest daughter Helene, my great great granddaughter Della and her little brother Harrison drove on up to Susan's house to pick it up...to go to my gg daughter Della.
I wrote the history of the doll house and rolled it up like a scroll, tied with a little piece of leather and put it in one of the small closets to stay with the doll house.

"This doll house was made by Dorathy Della Walts in 1943.
She gave it to her daughter, Judith Jean Walts on Christmas Eve that year. Judy was 4 ½ years old.
When Judy’s little sister, Susan Ellen Walts, was born in 1952, she played with it.
When Judy had children, Mark, Pam, Karen & Jennifer, they played with it.
When Judy had granddaughter’s, Helene, Susanna, Madeleine (Rivard) & Elise (Oertel), they played with it.
Judy gave it back to Susan to have in her house and Susan’s granddaughter’s, Kate and Elizabeth played with it. 2015
Now that all those little girls have grown up, Judy is giving it to her great granddaughter, Della Helene, her oldest granddaughter Helene’s daughter, to have. 2021"
They loaded it into Helene's car, I took one last look at it, with my arm draped over my little sister's shoulders, and could remember the exact moment I saw it for the first time. That Christmas 78 years ago.





Sister Susan, daughter Karen, Granddaughter Helene, holding Harrison.,
Della and me.


8 comments:

  1. That is wonderful. I am sure she will enjoy the doll house. That is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you could keep your dollhouse in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful legacy to pass on in your family. It is truly a fabulous doll house, made with lots of love, and I'm sure it was played with a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great example of multigenerational LOVE! Such memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love heirlooms. Looks like it's sturdy and many more little girls will play with it and, I hope, appreciate its history. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very special. I love the story about the dollhouse! :)

    Della will love playing with it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That doll house is gorgeous and a true family treasure with its new home. I like that you wrote its history and put it in a closet in the doll house.

    ReplyDelete