title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, April 19, 2020


Easter was only a week ago?


It seems so much longer to me.
Still feeling a bit discombobulated. Still not being able to really focus. Still wondering when this plague will leave our lives.




Worry for my family members, especially those in New Jersey. Missing my kids and grand kids and not yet being able to hold my newest--6 weeks old already, great grand boy. Missing hugs and conversations.

 Knowing full well, in the deepest part of my soul that, as in other hard times, God will carry us through. He always has, He always will. Continually praying He will sweep this plague from our country.




Grateful to Him for all that I have and trying to find blessings in each lonely day. Whether it be the sun shining, Robins hopping across the lawn, a beautiful Daffodil standing tall again after shaking off its covering of snow or clean clothes taken out of the dryer and hung up again in my closet. A fresh bloom on my African Violet plant or my sweet Buddy cat, laying on Momma's nightgown, taking a nap.





It's the little things that really count. E-mail photos sent from a granddaughter. Phone calls from my sister. A daughter bringing me food to carry me through.


Della




Harrison, already walking around furniture
at 8 months


Life is still very good and it will be even better...one day...soon I pray.

8 comments:

  1. It will:! There is light at the end of the tunnel. I cannot wait to kiss my grandsons again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy we have so much in common
    and many of the same thoughts.
    I miss all of family, a lot is so sad. many from New York staying with other relatives.
    The Lord has always seen us through and he will again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This virus is the most far reaching event in my lifetime. More so than 9/11. I am not affiliated with any religion and don't attend a church, but I do believe in a higher power. And I'm asking for his help.

    So glad your family is sending you photos, food and phone calls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your genealogical tracing helps you understand how this unfortunate time in our history has happened repeatedly to our long ago relatives and all they lived (and died) through. I do contemplate that myself, this Earth of ours has had a lot thrown at it and it keeps revolving around the sun, so this too shall pass, and some will not live through it, which is extremely sad for the families it affects. But, I still believe we will survive and thrive again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is very good here in the San Joaquin Valley, too. I have enjoyed the quiet days at home. No one expects anything from me. Except this morning I had a video doctor's appointment. It was very pleasant, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are okay, Jude! Your grands are beautiful!
    Hopefully this will be over soon. 😳
    Take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, write more often, it is good for you, I know it helps me.
    Thinking of you, take care.

    ReplyDelete