title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 8, 2019

Well, it's been fun around here lately.

My water heater went out, AGAIN, on Friday and I didn't notice that I had no hot water until I tried to take a shower Saturday morning--in preparation for grand daughter Madeleine's wedding shower.
Heated up water on the stove to do a wash up of important parts of this old body.  Tried to wash my hair in the kitchen sink, which didn't work out too well, so I just rinsed it in cold water.  I read somewhere it's good for the hair to rinse with cold water.  That very well may be, but it sure isn't good for the head.  Br-rr.
I have to get a new heater--which the repair guy told me last month, but I was hoping for a miraculous cure.
That put me in a bit of a panic, but I couldn't do anything about it then, so............
I did manage to get Maddie's wedding cross stitch done in time and got it framed Friday.  I had a 70% off coupon for framing at Michael's, but of course it was for a "custom" frame and mine was just an ordinary frame, so..................

I got an e-mail from Maddie's older brother Stephen, Friday night, that he and his girl friend Carolyn just got engaged.  They will marry June 6, 2020.  So Grandson Marcus got married last June, Maddie will marry the end of May and Stephen next June.  I already have the pattern for Stephen and Carolyn's wedding cross stitch.  Get them grandkids married off so I can get more great grand babies.  LOL
==================
There were a lot of people at Maddie's shower.  Daughter Karen held it at her home.  Might as well.  Her living room is as big as any hall and much nicer.


So many people and so much noise, it wore me out.  I'm good for about 4 hours in this kind of situation, then...I just droop.  Nice to get home to the silence.

I watched my Spartans lose in the Final Four.  When I watched the Texas Tech team take out the other Michigan basketball team, I worried that we'd have to play against them.  Such was the case.
=================
Sunday, I emptied out my bedroom closet in preparation for the water heater guy to come and check things out.

All my clothes are piled in a corner of my bedroom.  Shoe rack and other things stored on that floor, are also adorning my bedroom floor.  

I had finished up my office of all unwanted, un-needed items and it feels good to have my Swedish Death Cleaning project done.  Now to Spring cleaning with the washing of windows and curtains and the pulling out of furniture to vacuum and dust.  

And of course, my back is giving me all sorts of pain.  I go in this week to a new doc.  A Psyiatrist.  Never heard of that kind of Doc.  They specialize in problems with the spine, muscles, skeletal structure.  I can't see that he will be able to do much for my L2 and L3 degeneration, but I will give it a try.

At least one worry has been taken away.  My Dear Daughter from another mother told me she would take care of paying for the heater.  

I have a roof that is only 6 years old, as is the furnace.  A 2 year old refrigerator and an appliance service plan that takes care of the other appliances.  Once I get the new water heater, I "think" I will be good to go for the rest of my life.  Nothing else in this house should have to be replaced.  
====================
I decided to make a small pillow for great grand daughter Della.  She loves Elmo.  Now, you all know what Elmo looks like.  You all know what color he is.  Picture tiny cross stitch after tiny cross stitch, row after row, of the same color.

I may go blind before I'm done with this!!!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding gift! I wonder how long it took you to do that? I’m such a slow stitcher! Good news on getting a water heater! Hot water is real important!
    Sounds like you are good at rolling with things......and saying a prayer it is installed and you can rest your mind about things for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot water heaters have a knack for going out at the most inconvenient times. What a pain to have to empty out your closet to get to it. But a good time to sort through all your clothing when you put it back...lemonade out of lemons and all that jazz.

    As always your handcrafts are wonderful and will be a part of your family's lives long after you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your friend is giving you a hot water heater! Our rusted out and leaked all under the tile a couple years ago. What a sickening feeling when I stepped on a wet tile to find that! Ugh.
    That needlework piece for Maddie is beautiful! It'll be an heirloom, I know! She's blessed to have you, and so are we!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, the cross stitch you made for the kids is beautiful, such a special gift they will treasure forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous gift! You are amazing in how you handcraft such special gifts for everyone! I don't have a crafty bone in my body. My Mom (and Dad) were always making items to sell at the Golden Hobby Shop which featured home made items crafted by seniors. I loved going in there! I like those towels with a crochet top with a button to hold it on to a handle securely.

    I have to take OUT my hearing aids and I still can only enjoy about 2 hours of big functions. Love my quiet time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seldom comment but read.
    You do such beautiful handwork
    I did some in the past and not anymore
    Your family will cherish these items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly last longer than I could. A couple of hours of that kind of party and I'm ready to run. Actually an hour is just about right for me. Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete