title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Did you hear about this?


Zostavax Lawsuits

Did You or a Loved One Suffer a Painful Shingles Outbreak or Other Injuries after Receiving the Zostavax Shingles Vaccine?

The Lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. Can Help!

If you experienced any of the following side effects from the Zostavax vaccine:
  • Shingles outbreaks
  • Vision or hearing loss
  • Neurological problems
  • Cardiovascular issues
  • Autoimmune disease
  • Other injuries
Contact the lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. to find out if you or a loved one may be eligible for financial compensation.
============================
I got this shot in 2016.Luckily I haven't suffered any of these side effect, but it can cause a more severe case of Shingles!  Now they recommend getting the "new" one, Shingex--two shots, 6 months apart.  EGAD!!!!!!!!!!
====================================
Car in the garage all day today.  Had to have the entire exhaust system replaced.  $391.13--five years ago when I had it done it was $291.18--the price of progress?
Our roads in this area are heavily salted every time we get a few snow flakes.  That's nice because there is no fear of getting into town, but the corrosion that salt causes to the undercarriage of the car is devastating.
========================
I don't suppose you heard that MY Michigan State Spartans won the B1G Ten league. We played our rivals University of Michigan, who were tied with us for 1st place.  The victory was sweeter because we beat our rivals.
The B1G Ten tournament starts tonight and you know where I'll be.  In my recliner, cross stitching or crocheting and watching all the game.
========================
I got an e-mail from grand daughter Helene.  She's the one who was pregnant with twins at Christmas time and one of the babies died.  She had an ultra-sound and this baby is growing normally and.......IT'S A BOY!!!  So, I put down the afghan I was crocheting and back to making another blue one that has the puff stitches that make letters.  Like this one.


7 comments:

  1. Love that little baby blanket.

    Thanks for the reminder on why I could get a car wash tomorrow. That salt really does a number on our cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, any time we take a trip to the coast, I have the undercarriage of the car washed due to the salt.

    The shingles shot news is disturbing, but I guess I can't be too surprised. I got shingles before I was old enough for the shot. Dr. said I wouldn't need one afterwards. Then I got shingles again. Dr. then said I was one of the 40% who will get shingles more than once. Still, no need for the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting about Helene's baby! What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baby afghan. She will love it, and so will baby boy.
    I didn't know about the shingles vaccine. I will talk to my doc about it next month at my appointment. She wanted me to get it after my last appointment, but my pharmacy was always out of it when I called. Good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Helene is okay, and pray for coming little great-grandson! She will love the afghan. ❤
    We need a vaccine for the shingles vaccine? Thank you, no thanks!
    Sorry about the garage work. Yeah...progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy I can't say enough how gorgeous I think those puff stitches are. It's just so lusciously warm and cozy looking. I'm so happy Helene's baby is doing well. Sorry about your car. We were in Baltimore week before last and honestly, TG said he has never in his life (and he grew up in the rust belt) driven on roads as bad as the ones there. Our car was groaning. We Ubered all around town to save our car as much as possible.

    Gave The Raven a wash when she got home and she's glistening again, and we're back on our smooth roads ... except there are ten trillion metric tons of pollen drifting through the air and covering EVERYTHING with a thick coat. Everyone's nose is running and eyes are stinging.

    *sigh* it's always something. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m really late to comment here, but FWIW I got the new dual shingles shots — the first one a year ago in the spring and second one in the fall and had no problem and neither did an 86 yr old gal I know.

    ReplyDelete