title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Continuing with my Swedish Death Cleaning process...this computer room is the last room to be decluttered.  My sister is going to come down, perhaps this week, and go through the two huge plastic storage boxes I have of crocheting yarn/patterns and cross stitch patterns.  

I have cross stitch patterns from the late 1970's, when daughter Karen first taught me how.  That box is filled to the brim.

Yesterday, during a half-time from a basketball game, I came in here and hauled that box out to the living room...and pulled something in my right side, just below my rib cage.  I didn't think too much of it, until the pain woke me this morning.  (I was sleeping on my right side).

Last night, when I turned this desk lamp off to go to bed, I banged my shin on a stack of two long plastic boxes containing my two youngest grandkids afghans.  I noticed that this morning too.  Blood and a scabby sort of thing on my shin--the blood was evident on my bed sheets.

It's like an obstacle course in this room, with a narrow walkway to get in and out of this room.  


Plus, my living room is a mess.
I sorted out a big box of extra embroidery floss, into chronological color numbers for my sister to go through to fill out her stash.  It's on the card table, plus the large plastic tubs full of the patterns.



I did empty one long plastic box.  It has my youngest grand daughter, Elise's afghan.  Her 15th birthday was Saturday and I mailed her the afghan on Wednesday.


 I fear this Swedish Death Cleaning process is going to kill me and I'm not even Swedish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=========================
Other than that, yesterday I watched 4 basketball games.  I must confess, I'm getting tired of it.  I hear squeaky basketball shoes in my sleep!

PLUS--I am finishing up a very large genealogy, so I have to make room in here to lay out my pedigrees and stack my book pages.

9 comments:

  1. I can SO identify with the mess decluttering makes. I still have stuff in two rooms that needs to go back into my bedroom, that was hauled out to paint. I'm tired of the mess and with my lack of energy to work as hard as I used to be able to do.

    The afghan for Elise's is WONDERFUL! It's so delicate and the white is practical. Afghans my mom made for her grandkids in '60s colors got put away because the colors don't work in our modern world. White will always fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed that you can do your genealogy work amidst all that chaos. When I have a big project, everything must be neat and tidy around me. It's my OCD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me feel itchy to do a little purging. I try to keep the accumulation down to a minimum, but it always creeps back up. Where does all this junk come from. I got rid of my cross stitch and crochet patterns before we moved here, and a lot of other stuff, but you really have to keep up with it, purging from time to time, or it takes over.

    Elise will be thrilled with her afghan. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That afghan! You are truly a marvel with yarn and thread. Elise will cherish that I'm sure. Please be careful when grabbing and lugging things! And I'm just excited that the Cubs' first game of the season is Thursday ... then the home opener on Monday, April 8! Wish I could be there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for blogging! Make Sunday your day to keep us updated (although I see Facebook every day). Organizing and purging is messy challenging work! And it seems like we have to do it every few years. Ugh.

    I need to do my room again .... things are peeking over the top of almost every contained in there ... which does not look serene. I did go through our spice collection, cleaned the outside of each bottle and put them back in alpha order ... so I can find things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are simply wonderful. What a beautiful afghan. I've come to a halt with my Japanese cleaning program. LOL Not getting rid of dishes or Christmas stuff quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Sherry cheered for football and boy's and girl's basketball and the squeaking of those shoes drove me nuts!
    Ooh, the purge! Not me, not right now. I'm too worn out from whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Michigan win over Duke!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete