title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I don't quite know what to say.  I didn't intend for my last post to "scold" you all into leaving a comment, but..........Oh.  My.  I was over whelmed.  So many I have not heard from in such a long time.  I did a good job of replying to your comments too--didn't I?

I will just pat myself on the head for that because.........you know.........I am one of those needy people that needs praise, even if it is only from myself.  HAH!!
=============================
Did I tell you?  I got that big genealogy in the mail on Friday--just like I wanted.  She should get it today.  I hope she likes the presentation.  That book weighed 3 pounds!!!!!  170 some pages--well, that's double sided, so..........85 single pages?   She mailed me a thumb drive with a lot of old, old photos to add to the book.  Some so dark they were difficult to see, but I put them through Pic Monkey photo editing and lightened them up a bit and "crisped" up the images.  They printed out pretty well.

Funny thing about the thumb drive.  I have never used one and had quite a time for awhile figuring it out and learning how to save the photos.  I always make a File Folder with my client's name in my pictures in a main Genealogy folder.  In that file under the clients name, I make sub-files with the 4 main families I am researching.  Then I save the photos to those sub-files so I can remember who goes where.  It gets real fun when I have photos that have the same "male" name only generations apart.

As in the old days, men tended to name their first son after them, and so I end up with a lot of William's, same last name.  Sometimes, I have to make sub-folders in the sub-folders.  LOL  William I, William 2, William 3, and so on.  Then, I have to make sure any records, photos, cemetery and grave marker photos I find on line, go into the correct folder, so that when I make the book, I get the right photos for the right person.  Anything I find on line, like census reports, marriage, birth, death notices, I print out, trim to an appropriate size, scan and then save as a photo.

Yeah--it takes time, but when I am ready to write the book and put it together, everything I need is in that person's photo file folder and it makes it easier.

Complicated?  Yes.  and  OH LORDY...I DO LOVE DOING IT!!!
==========================
 Frost on the Pumpkins this morning and on the roof tops and the cars and shady places on the lawn.  I still have a major garden clean-up to do.  Maybe this afternoon?

When the sun comes out and starts to "burn-off" the frost on the roof tops, it almost looks like smoke.  The first time I noticed it, I thought Dar's house was on fire!!!  
==================
Sunday, I got the planter that sits on my deck railing, filled with shelled corn, sunflower seeds, peanuts in shells and shelled peanuts.  It is for the squirrels and I figured, with it getting colder now, they would be gathering and storing up for winter.  Mostly they just sit there and eat their fill right now.

Blue Jays also like this.  The main reason for the squirrel feeder was to keep them off my bird feeders.  Now, the birds come in to enjoy the squirrel food!  Oh well.

I'm not much of a photographer, but I got this lucky shot Sunday.  Isn't he adorable?

    
That second photo looks like he is calling in his buddies to come eat.






9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feed the squirrels, birds, and whoever else comes along. Today, while our daughter is visiting after Terry's surgery, she found one of the cats had caught a small rat. I guess they too come to enjoy the handouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that little squirrel is adorable! They are boldly prancing on the roof of my sun room, where they drop down from the White Oak and sound like hippos on that metal roof. It scares Rizzo half to death, just like when the acorns fall and sound like big rocks. We won't have a first frost until December! I can't wait. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww, you are an approval junky?? that's what we call it!!

    it sounds like a beautiful genealogy and i'm sure they will love it!!

    the squirrel is adorable, he looks super happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually, I don't like squirrel but you indeed have a cute one. I remember long, long ago my cousin (the one who is a bachelor and is 91) had a pet squirrel who lived in a very nice cage. His name was Charlie. LOL

    It's funny the things that come to mind when reading other's words.

    I know your client will be 'over the moon' with her genealogy book like I've been.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I don't have a reply button on my blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the last post on my blog, what amounted to a pity party, I needed a good scolding. But resting from blogging feels pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Judy, I'm so glad for your that you have this passion for genealogy and for writing a book about the generations. It's makes such a difference, I've found, when I have something that really interests me and uses both my heart and brain to do. It's wonderful! I bet you are going to have so much fun . . . and contentment. Peace.

    ReplyDelete