title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 5, 2018

I DID IT!!

A good movie came on TV at noon.  "Martian", with Matt Damon, an astronaut left behind on Mars.  He had to figure out to live until rescue came.

It was a 4hour movie, which worked out well.  When the commercials came on, I got up and dusted and vacuumed, put away the clean dishes, and the clean clothes.  Straightened up areas.  When the movie came back on, I sat in my recliner and rested.  I even got my couch and recliner vacuumed.

4 hours was just the right amount of time!!

Oh yes--bird feeders and squirrel feeder box filled, new suet cake in the little cage.


13 comments:

  1. I've used the clean-during-commercials method for years. Exercise-during-commercials too. It's surprising how much you can get done in such a short time. I read the book and saw The Martian movie---I love both. That was the author's first book and I look forward to more from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie made me uneasy at times, but I really liked it.

      Delete
  2. I know you feel so much better having accomplished those tasks, and enjoying the movie. You're my here seeing as how I have a lot to do, but with thing and another, it's not happening yet. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are NOT my 'here' - hero. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good movie! Glad you got so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now I am going to have to see if I can find that on Netflix or Amazon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! You're back! It feels great, doesn't it? Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was an interesting movie! I offered my birdies a suet cake in a cage and they ignored it. I'll try again in the spring. I can't clean during commercials because I refuse to watch commercials, and even less to listen to them. So I DVR what I want to watch on "regular" TV and speed forward through the annoying ads. But mostly I like Netflix and Amazon Prime because NO ads! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great way to get your chores done. I like it, too. You get a little exercise and a little rest and get to see a good movie. Variety is the spice of life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that movie! And I always use the commercials for something productive... but now with Netflix and Hulu and Amazon ... commercial free ... uh ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me feel like a sloth! (Oops! I am a sloth!!)
    Never heard of nor seen that movie, will check into it.
    Hope you are doing well, Judy!! 💓

    ReplyDelete
  11. i saw that movie too and loved it!! sounds like a great, happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete