title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

That's It!!!

Get a grip on yourself, Jude!!!

Finances or the lack thereof, will no longer be posted on this blog!  It makes me sound whiny and ungrateful and "poor me", and like I'm asking for a hand-out.  I dislike people that complain that the government doesn't give them enough assistance.   The government owes us nothing, financially.  

If I was stupid enough to get divorced, or to sign off on his pension, or to keep that big house, instead of selling it, NO MATTER how much pressure I was getting from my Daddy, then all that is my problem!

Yes--I got money from "our" estate sale two years ago.  I spent some of it on a new living room, which I probably should not have done.  I took $150.00 each month to supplement my budget.  I paid to get my car fixed with a new undercarriage, radiator, exhaust system and tires.  I got my kids nice presents last year for Christmas.

I have $200.00 left from that sale.

But--I am NOT poor.  I have a nice little house, with a fairly new roof and furnace.  I have an old car, that runs like a new car.  I have my health.  I have a mighty God that has sustained me these last 25+ years and I believe He will continue to do so.

I just finished a genealogy.  I am working on a new one.  I have two promised in the new year.  You know how much I love doing them for people.  The money I receive is secondary, but I am grateful for it and it will bring my budget into the "black" at least for a few months.

Nope.  No more complaining and no more venting.  How boring to "listen" to someone whine about their finances.
===============
By the way, Dar came over for a visit yesterday.  Wait until you hear about that!!!
   

9 comments:

  1. I don't think you whine; you just tell it like it is, Judy.

    Dar? Oh goodness, the suspense is killin' me. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Judi. Don't keep us in suspense!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Victorians didn't believe they should talk about religion, money or politics in public. That would probably be a good rule for the blogging community but not a realistic one, given we're all human with human stresses that bother us and our blog friends often give us better advice that our other friends. I have only ruled out one of those topics of the three. If you read my blog, you know which one I've NEVER blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We blog what we blog! Religion, money and politics are part of life. I admire that you can stay on a budget ... no matter how small or how large. It's a talent!

    There will always be people better off than us ... and many more who are worse off. Celebrate when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good policy. All things considered, you're doing very well -- not least because you're level-headed, creative, industrious, independent, and above all, cognizant of the fact that all we have in this life comes from our Creator. And He never changes -- His mercies are new every morning. Happy Christmas and the best of New Years to you, Judy! I hope both TG and I get to hug your neck and sit for a chat again in 2018. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your attitude and how you count your blessings. We have a mighty God thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, you can vent, post, rant, and complain! This is your space and we are your friends. You don't have to explain. I know you have enjoyed your new living room carpet and furniture--I know I would!

    We visit (or I do!) because of your sense of humor and your honesty!I always love to see a post from you.

    I have high hopes that you and your family will have a joyous Christmas! God bless you even more in 1918.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you need to vent and this is a great place to do it! Also, it gives people an opportunity to be blessed by helping you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally in agreement with Jeanette, Bluebird 49, et all. We love you and care about you - just because you're not a next-door neighbor doesn't mean you aren't a friend. Vent, feel safe, and allow others to bless you. When you share a trouble, it's halved. When you share a blessing, it's doubled.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete