title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, January 9, 2017

Wondering................

why my gray hair looks blonde in that last photo?

What is this?

Actually, it is the left arm and left front of a cardigan that is crocheted all in one piece.  Something just doesn't look right, according to the directions, which are vague at best.  On this row, the instructions say to, dc (double crochet) 60 stitches, dc 60 more stitches and dc the last 60 stitches.

BUT, there are only 120 stitches on that row and for the life of me, I can't see where the pattern has told me to make a chain foundation row for the 60 stitches to the right, which would be part of the back.

It's suppose to look like this when finished.  I don't see that happening.  So I "frogged" ( rip-it, rip-it) it back to the top of the arm, threw it in my crochet basket and went back to cross-stitching on a baby quilt.  GEEZ LOUISE!!!


When I fed the cats last night, Maggie didn't come to their "feeding station".  "You want some food?" is all I have to say and they both run to their feeding dishes for their tablespoon of wet food.  

Maggie just sat on the couch and looked at me.  So....I took her food to her.


I'm wondering, for a person who expects animals to "mind me", why I did this?  If it were a child of mine, when "Supper's ready", was called, if one refused to sit at the table, they went without.


20 comments:

  1. I love that sweater! I hope you can figure it out.

    I don't know a "pet person" wouldn't do the same thing you did with Maggie. They can't talk to say "I'm not feeling well" so you were checking to see if she'd eat at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might have it turned the wrong way. In the picture the rows go up and down on the body, not across like you laid it out. The one long row could be one of the sleeves at the shoulder and then you crochet all around the back before you get to the other sleeve, right? I should point out that I don't crochet and am just guessing from the picture!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that sweater. Where is the pattern? Gorgeous - I just taught myself to crochet over winter break. I love it!

      Delete
    2. https://www.craftsy.com/crocheting/kits/sporty-one-piece-cardigan-crochet-kit/463254

      Delete
  3. A Fact of Being on The Net..... Color does not show up, correctly.

    And even when color does show up correctly, on our computer, it does not mean that it does so, on other computers.

    Crappy, but we have to live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know anything about crocheting, so I am of no help.

    As to "Maggie," it seems she has you "tied around her little finger." ,-)

    Or..... Is she getting arthritis and it hurts her, to jump, more than is absolutely necessary?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEATER
    is absolutely beautiful...
    If I could crochet like this
    I would be so proud of myself.
    Wish you were near
    cannot figure out how to do the simple afhgans
    I made 15 years ago.
    Made a dozen while caring for my mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCDA44Sijx4 I'll bet it would come back to you in a snap!

      Delete
  6. Never in this life would I attempt to crochet anything that needed to fit. As for the cat, that's what cats do best, make humans grovel at their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to keep my crochet work at the most simple of patterns.
    I have five late summer kitties; every morning I mix up a milk and dry food meal for them. Since they live at the barn, and we're having really cold weather, I warm it for them. Motherhood just takes over for kitties in need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know from cats but I have always been annoyed by anyone who doesn't come at once to the table when I say "It's ready." I mean, I MADE this food. Come eat it already. Also I have great admiration for anyone who can crochet. I think it's beautiful but I don't think I could ever do it. Maybe you could teach me. While there's life, there's hope. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. To me, crochet is much easier than knitting. The needles are hard for me to handle and if I have to rip back, I get the stitches crooked back on the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My MIL taught me to crochet squares on one of her visits here. Then I couldn't get any more of the yarn after she returned home, never got back to the project and likely couldn't recall now how to do it. She was a marvel, making anything without a pattern. She had no hesitation to pull out a whole project if she discovered she missed a stitch along the way which amazed me -- all that work for nothing. Your sweater will be nice when you get it done, I'm sure.

    As for your cat, she has you trained well -- isn't that what cats do -- train their owners?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, maybe Maggie is speaking to you in cat language. My dear Nip started peeing on a chair, right in front of me. Eventually coughing, gasping for air. By the time I put two and two together there was nothing to be done; he never came home from the vet. I would have scolded him less of I'd known. I hope Maggie returns to her usual eating habit and it's nothing.

    Have you picked up the crocheting again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a thing wrong with her! She's as feisty as ever. She's just stubborn and by allowing her to control me, I am just teaching her bad behavior!!!

      Delete
  12. That baby girl looks JUST like her grandma...lol - don't know what those other people are looking at :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a very pretty sweater.
    I don't know about Maggie. I wonder if she's feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still wishing I could remember how to crochet even if only granny squares.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still wishing I could remember how to crochet even if only granny squares.

    ReplyDelete