title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Taking Risks on Friday the 13th.

Today, between genealogy searches, I decided to wash my front windows and curtains.  A need a bit of brightening up in this room I spend so much time in.

Last year, when I tried to wash that middle window, I walked along the window ledge, lost my balance and fell back onto the desk.  This year, I figured out how to do it with a bit more caution.

So, while the curtains were washing, I cleaned off the windows.

https://youtu.be/CkXfDoNdKQk


...and put the clean curtains back up.  Now I am ready to get back to work.

https://youtu.be/3HbfBWYzeq0

Enjoy your weekend.

10 comments:

  1. SO glad you came thorough without killing yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that fall last year and so happy you didn't repeat the event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest a long handled squeegee but your way works great. Anyway that keeps you from falling is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good solution! And leave a written note telling people to check your videos if they should ever come across your lifeless body ... that would help the coroner rule out foul play! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I videoed it and put it on FB, so if anyone found my broken window shredded body out on the front garden, they'd know. HAH. It WAS a miracle I didn't fall through the window last year. I started to go and pushed myself backwards so I'd fall on the desk.

      Delete
  5. You remind me of myself, Judy, doing things probably shouldn't be. But, hey we get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fabulous, Judy. Limber as a ballerina indeed. You are woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just cracked me up. I never would have thought of making a video. Clever woman, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't going to post the video's, but then I watched them and they even cracked me up! It is sometimes hard to get my 34" legs and 5'11" frame to cooperate with my need to do stuff. I am not nor have ever been what one could call graceful. HAH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing like sparkling windows and fresh curtains. Good for you! Also there's nothing much more enjoyable than sitting beside said windows, working at something you love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete