title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Exercise and Road Rage

Exercise.  Not in my vocabulary!  I have never purposefully exercised.  Oh....I forgot.  I did have a membership at a gym for a year--I went with Fred.  He was into all that nonsense.  (See where it got him?)  HAH!

I have always been pretty active==gardening, mowing the lawn, cleaning, walking, golfing.  I figured that was exercise enough.  Lately The last three years, I've noticed that my always skinny legs, now have no muscle tone.  My skin is so crepey!!!  I need something.  This morning, I devised my own exercise plan and it takes about 10 minutes.

I stand back, arm's length from the wall.  Then, I do push-ups against the wall.  Leaning forward until my nose touches the wall and pushing myself back.  10 times--I hope to double that soon.  Then I stand in front of the kitchen counter, hold on to the edge, and do 10 squats.  It must have some beneficial effect because the backs of my arms as well as my calves, ache tonight.  I vant to pump me up!!
=====================
I finished up the Lapghan I was making for Chris.  It is the same pattern as the blankets I have made, but 36x48.  Just the right size for wheel chair use or just sitting in a chair.  













This only took me 9 days to make.  South-Western colors.  The colors aren't quite that vibrant, but there was no sun coming in the window so I had to use my flash.  I just take the photos and send them to Chris and she works her magic, cropping them, or whatever she wants to do.

I am also working on a knitted shawl pattern for her.  It was difficult to begin.  I "Frogged" the thing 4 times before I figured out how to do the pattern.  Now, I have the pattern memorized and am going right along.  I have to work on it later in the day.  It is made with #4 needles and fingering (thin) yarn and in the morning, my right hand is too shaky to get the needle to cooperate.  BTW=Frogged means to rip it out.  Rip It.  Rip It.  (Ribbet.  Ribbet),  Get it?  Knitters are truly weird people!
===================
I felt very good today.  Must have been the exercise?  Energized and motivated.  

Per usual, Maisey stopped in today.  She now arrives around 11:00 and when my Cuckoo clock strikes twelve, she looks up at it and I say, "Lunch time, Maisey.  Time to go home??"  Hint!!! Today, her Daddy, John had to get to his volunteer job at the elementary school, so he was in a hurry.  If you call, sitting and talking for an hour being in a hurry to get going.

I was thinking about the campaigns that are going on.  I think that Jeb Bush would make a really good President.  But not in these times.  Conservative, establishment Republican--he would have been good,... back in the 80's.  I guess now, with the way our society has changed in the last 8 years, we need someone a bit younger, perhaps a more liberal conservative.  If there is such a thing.  If I were voting in the Iowa caucus, I'd probably vote for Marco Rubio.  Since I'm not in Iowa, I have 10+ months to make up my mind.
=============================
I got a bit crazy and ran up to Subway at 5:00.  Not the best time to be out on the road that runs in front of here, but hey--I was feeling adventurous.  Instead of getting my usual Spicy Italian Sub, I had it made into a salad.  Oh.  My.

Two meals for sure.  Kind of like an Antipasto Salad, which is my favorite.  Tomorrow for lunch I will put in some Mozzarella cheese bits and green olives.



The most fun I've had in ages--on the way back, the light up the road a bit was red, so I had a clear shot at getting out onto the road.  I got in the inner lane--no one behind or in front of me.  There was another car beside me in the right lane--the left front bumper of his car, near my right rear bumper.

All of a sudden, this huge pick-up zoomed up behind the other car.  One of those big pick-ups the guys like to drive to prove how manly they are?  He was in a big hurry.  Then he pulled in behind me--right on my trunk.  I was going 53mph-3 miles over the speed limit, and instead of going a bit faster, I just stayed steady on my speed--and so did the car to the right of me. 

That guy couldn't get past either one of us.  He was penned in and although, it only lasted a mile, until I turned left into the park, it was so much fun.  He so wanted to go busting up the road at 60mph, which a lot of folks do at 5:30 in the evening, but I wouldn't let him.  My Passive-Aggressive way of keeping him under control--at least for a little bit.  HAH!

7 comments:

  1. I have been knitting for 60 years but never heard the term 'frogging' but I've sure done my share of it. Learn something new every day.

    We have a primary here in March. Don't you vote in the primaries? If I was voting Republican I'd have a hard time deciding. It would probably be John Kasich if he was still on the ballot by March. Bush doesn't have much of a chance but I agree with you. Another time and place but his opportunity has passed him by.

    I hate road rage people. The scare the heck out of me.

    Your exercise sounds like something I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mail in my app for my Absentee Ballot this morning. Who knows who I'll vote for by March. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blanket and the salad but please be careful out there!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lapghan is beautiful, Judy. Love the colors!

    I have no clue who I'd vote for, and agree with you on Bush. Actually, I can't believe how much he's aged since he was our governor. But, then again, I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror. :)

    Good for you in the exercise! I need to do some of that also. Come spring though, I'll be outside a lot with the yard work. Can't wait for that either.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're an inspiration - I better exercise. I so wish exercise used my strong muscles, like maybe my brain.

    I love the colors of the lapghan. Lucky recipient, whoever that is!

    I also would've been happy if Jeb Bush could win the R nomination, even if it felt like a throw back. Well. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same issue with exercise! I need to find a way to incorporate it into my daily life ... sooner rather than later.

    I think I am registered Republican ... our (Oregon) primary is in May. Hope they have settled down to just two by then.

    And I have already commented on road rage on your Facebook page. Sorry ... not a wise thing to do.

    ReplyDelete