title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Snowy Day



E-mail from Jennifer--who is staying at Karen's a mere 12 miles away.

"Happy new year Mom.  Thanks for the great photo page for my bday.  Those memories are priceless, and the kids really enjoyed it.  Karen gave me the box of Christmas gifts for the kids, which I sent home with Eric this past weekend – they’ll have something fun to enjoy. 

Thanks again, Jen"
=======================
Did I ever mention that these last four years are the first time in my life I have lived alone?  I went from Daddy's house, to Gary's house and after our divorce, Jen was still at home.  Then I went to Don's house and after he tried to kill me, to Ernie's house, then down here, then met Fred.

Never secure enough in myself.  Always had to have that security of a man, to fall back on if need be, to fix things, to lend me money--whatever.  I haven't had any of that in four years and 12 days and---

I LOVE IT!!!

I must be a real selfish person because I love the fact that I don't HAVE to please anyone, other than myself.  No grand kids to have to baby sit.  No kids wanting to move back home.  No man around to turn the noisy TV on first thing in the morning.  No man to have to cook for, do laundry, clean up his inadvertent urine sprays around the toilet, hear him belch or fart, let watch what he wants to watch on TV, no picking up after, listen to him snore in the middle of the night or worry about.

I can decorate my wee house in any eclectic way I want.  I can have a tree branch in the corner of my living room with a birds nest on it and no comments.  Anything I need doing, I can hire it done or ask my friend John for help.

I have never known such freedom!  The best time of my life.  I just wish I was younger so I could enjoy for many more years.
=====================

My squirrels doing acrobatic tricks to get to the bird feeder, because theirs was nearly empty.



So, I went out and filled it up and then the Cardinals started stealing the squirrel feed.



Then, baby squirrel came in and scared the Cardinals away.












...and they waited patiently until he had his fill 
and left
=========================
and, there he is.  Our strange little duck of a neighbor, John.  After he got home from work--nearly dark, as he wields his enormous snow-blower down the street, cleaning every driveway along the way.




Precious Man

9 comments:

  1. It's finally winter in Michigan, isn't it. Didn't you have another guy who did you snow blowing last year? John really does have a good heart.

    Glad you heard from Jen but it sure seemed kind of strange to get such an upbeat email from her after her recent history with you. Maybe Karen made her write it.

    Is your 'baby squirrel' a red squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John did it last year too.
      I taught all my kids to write "thank You" notes for gifts they received. At least she hadn't forgotten that.
      I IS a Red Squirrel, and I discouraged him from returning. He and his brothers (3) live under the Wiccan's house next door.

      Delete
  2. I was on my own for a few years between marriages ... but too busy dating to enjoy just being me, myself and I. Now I love it!

    Weird email for sure. But hey ... it's a first step! Maybe just keep that bridge open by emailing her once every other week. It can be short and sweet and add a photo that is NOT on Facebook (since she obviously looks there). Baby steps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Jen's email was rather polite. No mention of wanting to see you though! Jeez! I have never lived alone either and must say that if ever I did, which I hope won't be for a long time, if ever, I probably would enjoy it as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just might. Once I got over the initial shock, I have found it very freeing.

      Delete
  4. It's very nice of John to help everyone! Nice to hear something good these days with all that's going on in the world. :)

    Glad you heard from Jan - something is better than nothing at all. At least, I hope you feel that way although I know it's still very difficult, Judy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with the other comments but what's that about Don???
    I definitely missed the story!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2nd husband. Nice when I met him--slapped me up for the first time on our wedding night. 3.5 years before I could get out.

      Delete