title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday? All Ready?

My weekend was calm.  Nose stuck in the computer working on Ancestry.com.  Crocheted, laundry, cooked a pit pot of Chili, watched some ballgames and movies.

Today, my Wee Sister showed up around 10:30 and we poured over genealogy stuff.  I gave her the TOME of papers I had printed out so she can update her family stuff AND I gave her my latest dics of Family Tree Maker, that I bought last fall, for her to install on her computer.  Then, I think I can send her all the info I have and it will upload onto her copy. :-)

At noon, we ran up to Subway and brought our lunch back with us so we could eat and continue talking.  

We talked about family and gardening.  Politics and religion.  She is much more well versed in our church and scripture, than I am.  Sometimes we even disagree about the interpretation of the same scripture/Bible verse and it's meaning.  Today, we got into the whole, "did Jesus descend into Hell after he died."  She says yes, because it says in the Bible, he visited the dead.  I say, it doesn't say the dead where in Hell.  We have a whole list of questions to ask God when we meet Him.  Both of us very sure we are going to Heaven.

I always enjoy time spent with her.  Even though we are 13 years apart in age--it isn't at all that I am like the "mother", we seem very equal and both the same age and knowledge.

We were going to play a game, but then I realized--I have given her all my board games!  So next time I visit her, we will get a game or two in.

Now, I am back to crocheting and finishing up a strip and joining it to the rest of the blanket.

5 comments:

  1. I sure hope Jesus descends into Hell to visit folks. They need him there! I count on no one being too far out or too bad for His compassion and mercy to reach. I do like the idea of second chances for everyone...

    I love the way older/younger makes so little difference at our age. It's more about who the person is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good day. It's nice when you can share family history research with someone who is truly interested.

    I hope you can post a photo of the blanket when you're finished. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a sister! So glad y'all are doing the genealogy together! Some interesting things we find out.

    Hey we got about 20 mins of rain today; not enough, we're parched. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice weekend! I'm glad you had such a nice visit. I have an extra board game or two around here...want me to send you a couple? Oh, yes. I have a question list, too!

    ReplyDelete