title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, June 1, 2015

June

"Go With Flow"--where are you?  You haven't posted in an age and a half and I'm worried about you.
=================================
I love it when a new month starts on a Monday.  It helps me feel more mentally knowing what day it is all month.  

Saturday morning, it was rainy and so muggy.  I closed up the windows and turned on the A/C.  Late Saturday afternoon, a cold front came through.  I turned off the A/C and opened windows and the front door.   Saturday evening at 10:00, I was cold--it was 49 outside.  Closed up the windows and door.  11:00, it was cold inside, so...I turned on the furnace.

Sunday, the highest the outside temp here was 49 degrees.  Back wearing sweatshirts, jeans, sox and slippers inside!

Today--it looks like no rain and a bit of cloudy sun, maybe into the 60's.

My lawn mowing guy arrived early, 8:00, and woke me up--thankfully, because he always checks to see if I want my lawn mowed.  If he doesn't get an answer at my door, he doesn't do it.  I jumped into my clothes, opened the door and gave him the "thumbs up" sign.  From now on, he will put me on the same schedule as Dar and Jackie and mow every other Monday.  $20.00 a time.  I owe him $80.00 for May--YIKES!  Used to could afford that every week mow job...can't now!
======================
John called last night.  He was going to his sister's, about 80 miles north of here, for his nephews' graduation open house.  He was taking Maisey.  I asked him how his day trip was.  

He got about five miles from home when he remembered that he hadn't remembered to grab the graduation card on his way out the door--because he was worried about Maisey and had sat up a nice, blanket and box for her to lay in on the passenger front seat.

Came back, let Maisey out of the car to pee, got the card, back in the car and off he went.

Up by Flint, some 20+ miles, Maisey had a mini-seizure and threw up all over the area she was in.

"I had a migraine by then, so I just turned around and came home!  Maisey gets nervous when she goes in the car.  I shoulda known better!"

I told him he could get a mild tranquilizer from her vet for her and a mild tranquilizer from his doctor for him!
=================

Pretty quiet around here today.  I did a load of towels and rugs.  Tried to find something to eat for lunch--Old Mother Hubbard am I.

Watched my Soap and then started at 2:00 to vacuum, dust and in general, clean up this house!

I have a specially-made rug in front of the cat litter box that is "supposed" to catch the tiny pieces of litter off the cats paws, when they exit their bathroom.  I don't care how well it works, and it works pretty well, there is always little pieces of litter over the living room.  As they walk from computer room into living room, the rug by the front door catches some and the first half of the living room carpet catches, what is left in the crevices of their paws.

Plus, my carpeting is old and worn and if I don't vacuum every few days, it looks even more old and worn.  It had been 7 days since I vacuumed.  Plus, dried up helicopter's off the Maple tree had been tracked in.

It's also been a while month since I've dusted everything, so that needed to be done and knick knacks sitting on "things" also needed dusting.

It ended up being a two hour straight cleaning session.

I should be glad I live in a small house.  When I lived in my two-story house, I did a room a day and 3 loads of laundry, and it took at least two hours.  I couldn't do that now--of course, that was almost 30 years ago before I had back problems, arthritis, dizzy head, etc.

Then, I sat down and crocheted--I do believe I am more than half-way done with the project and it is looking quite nice.
=====================
Why is it, when you call the doc's office the minute they open in the am and tell them, "Can you please renew my Metoprolol prescription?  I only have one left."  It takes them two days to do it and you have to go to the pharmacy and beg for "just one pill to get me through until my prescription is ready."  Because the doc has only given you a months supply with no renewal, even though he knows damn well, you will have to take that med for the rest of your life?

6 comments:

  1. hmmm so, John called, did he? hmmm :)

    I don't understand why the dr only writes for one month either. Mine usually get several refills except for Xanax and I have to go every 3 months to get a new script.

    Yesterday, I vacuumed and the darn thing broke on me. It's a good thing no carpet here; at least I can use the room until I get another one. I sure don't keep house like I used to though. Could be that I'm having more and more migraines which I never ever had before.

    Well, I hope Dar is enjoying her vacay because I'm sure we'll hear all about it if she isn't. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about 'go with the flow' too. She seemed like she was in a good place the last few times she posted so I'm thinking she decided to turn over a new leaf and leave her old life behind. Or maybe her dad finally died and she's helping out her brother.

    Levi brings in bark when he goes outside to the bathroom, so I can identify with your kitty litter problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. grass her - every other week - last year was the last time I could cut it and now have to have someone. I never stop with washing, going over floors, cooking and baking
    seems I make the biggest mess at this time of life.
    A plus for you with neighbors, 90% I was clost to for years have died and new ones
    seems no one reaches out anymore. It is like a jungle here with all the rain
    and so much outside to do....Guess we carry on and do all we can...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: your prescription...can you call in the prescription for renewal to the pharmacy, then they ask dr. for refill? Sometimes that goes faster, and they will give you meds if they dr. hasn't called back yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the kitty litter problem--with two cats it seems like I have it everywhere! I thought it was just me...

    Housekeeping is a never ending, thankless job, isn't it? I can remember our next door neighbor when I was growing up saying, "I'm either the cleanest woman in town or the dirtiest because all I do is clean!"

    Enjoy your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I've come to realise that repeat prescriptions can start to rule your life!! Jx

    ReplyDelete