title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

It Is Really Noisy!!!

I woke up this morning with an awful headache, stiff neck and my Tinnitus is really loud.

Nothing has improved through the day, except I am dizzy and feel nauseous now.

I was doing a tour of the park and saw Merle and Pearl coming home from the doctor, so when I got home, I ran right up to their house.

The good news:  All tests results are in--there is absolutely nothing medically wrong with Merle!!!
His sleep study test revealed he only woke up once during the night, and that was to go to the bathroom.  He only snored twice, for a few seconds!  Amazing!!

So--why is he so tired?  Why can't he walk as fast as he used too?  Why does he feel punk and his voice is weak?

Is he just too old to work anymore?  He mows grass at the golf course.  Easy job.

Pearl said to him, "I'm done with ya!  You've been milking this all summer.  No excuses anymore!"

If it isn't medical, than it has to be psychological--right?  Depression because he has realized that he can't do everything he used too?    Early dementia?  Nope they did a memory test with him and also a CAT of his brain.  Who knows?  Maybe he just needs a nice, not too strong anti-depressant.  I recommend 20 mg of Celexa.  

I didn't actually mention that, but..................................
============================
Early morning work began on taking the new deck across the street, down.  Actually, all they did was get under it and cut the post off about 4 inches.  You see, the retired carpenter and his son, an active carpenter, made the deck too high and the front storm door wouldn't open.  HAH!!!


===============================
I got the rest of the front garden cut back and weeded out.  I know, it looks like there is grass in there, but that is my Grape Hyacinth, that comes on, nice and thick after it blooms in the spring and I don't cut it back.

I dug up tons and tons of Rudbeckia--it is soooooooo invasive.  I dug up my pink Coneflower over by the edge of the front porch and put it in the front garden, and took a chunk of Rudbeckia and put it in the Coneflower hole.  My Coneflower hasn't looked very good this summer and I think, it isn't getting enough light.

I planted all my gardens 10 years ago.  Since then, the trees have grown and become larger and more shade is now on the gardens.

It looks so forlorn.  I still have some Tulips and Daffs to put in
here.  Next spring, it will be lovely.
======================
It was a nice bright, sunny day, so I decided to drive around the park to see what kind of color is going on with the trees.  Do you want to come along?  Just hop in the passenger's side--I'll give you a guided tour.

Heading north to the main road--Grand River.
The exit--to the right is Brighton 2.5 miles.
To the left is Howell, 2.8 miles

When the traffic cleared, I just did a "U" turn
so we can come in the entrance

Office straight ahead.  Stay to the right, please 


Continuing on--office to the left
One way going in and out


To our right, is an open field.
Sand Cranes love to play here

 Around the circle--to the right, please

This tree is always so unusual in the way it gets it's color
each and every fall 

More color down a side street-- Biscayne Street 



Oh My Gosh!  That's Merle and Pearl's car in front of us!


End of the entrance street.
Pearl and Merle went right, down our street.
Let's you and me turn left and look at the lake

Nice sandy beach off to the left


Fishing boats and Kayaks over to the right
Rich people's homes  across the lake

Across this nice open way, is another part of the park
and an area for people to store their RV's.
I wish my place backed up to this big open area! 

Back up to our corner 


The residents here did the corner, round flower bed.
Nice touch.

Heading west up Lakeview Lane

Nice Burning Bush coming into color --Pearl's neighbor 


Merle and Pearl's.  Yes, it is a "regular" mobile home, which are
no longer allowed in the park.
They got it for free 6 years ago, but had to put new vinyl siding on it.
Dar's off to the left and Jackie's is the blue one.


Tami and Ron--to the right where the red car is
New neighbor's on left where the street ends


Here we are--back home.




It's a really nice park.  Kept up well.  Quiet (except for July 4th), especially back here, away from the traffic on Grand River Road.

BTW--Grand River Road or Historic US-16, as it once was known,  goes all the way across the State.  To the East--it ends in Detroit.  To the West--in Muskegon..  Of course, there is expressway I-96 that runs (more or less) parallel, but sometimes, I find it fun to get on Grand River and travel up toward Lansing and go through all the little towns and farm land along the way.

Here's a neat link about it.  Grand River Road


10 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. The trees are just beautiful. VickieOkc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors! Wow. I really enjoyed our ride. Thank you, I needed to get out even if it's 10:13 p.m. :)

    You know, that deck from the pictures looks narrow. That's a shame they forgot about the door. But, like all of us we live and learn.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Judy, but I'm back again. I sure hope you feel better tomorrow. Today has been punky for me also; can't really put my finger on it. The kids were here and I know
    Britt kind of wanted to spend the night, but she could tell I wasn't feeling well.

    Oh, and I bet you're right about Merle in that he could use an antidepressant. It sure seems like Pearl really rags on him. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don and I liked to travel US-16 too. So much more interesting than the expressway.

    You live in a nice looking park.

    Celexa is a mini miracle drug to me. I've never taken it but I saw what it did for my husband. Image living 12 years without the ability to talk, write or use the right side of your body and STILL be a happy person. People in similar situations that we knew, that were on different anti-depressants were not getting the results we got with Celexa. It probably saved my sanity that he was on it all those years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ride, thanks. And you didn't scare me once. :) Have a good day. Margie, AR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour! The lake is so pretty!

    Poor Merle, I wonder if you're not right and he needs an anti-depressant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the tour, Judy, and seeing how beautiful the park is. Your place looks so nice, especially. Sad about Merle. Depression does diminish one's energy. Many men suffer from depression when they stop working. Is he still at the golf course?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an attractive, well landscaped community. So tidy! Looks like few leaves have fallen so far. Can't wait to see your garden next spring. I hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your park looks really nice! It''s nice that you have a little lake to access, too! Thanks for the little trip around it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the ride, Judy. What a pretty park you live in. Love all the trees. Seems real homey to me. Sorry about Merle. I was hoping they could find something to fix for him. You're probably right about the depression. Nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete