title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, December 8, 2022

 When I was released from rehab, here, I thought I was done with rehab...period.  I had not played well with the therapist's.  I argued that my legs were longer than most and the equipment was too short for the distance built from foot to knee.  They just kind of continued, forcing me to walk when I couldn't even stand.  I just shut down from trying to do their exercises. They released me.  I moved in.

Last week a new rehab lady came in and wondered if we could try some new rehab.  "Sure."  With a flat, polished board.

 She has taught me how to transfer from chair-to-chair, bed-to chair--flat surfaces like and today, she put me in a standing apparatus and not only did I stand and sort playing cards---I stood for 8 minutes.  I feel renewed --emotionally.


17 comments:

  1. So much depends on the therapist. When I had pt after two years if a debilitating medication I worked with two therapists on alternate visits. One couldn’t have cared a whit for what was going on. The other listened and helped me find ways to make progress. I’m so glad you’ve found your caring help❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear this Judy. Keep going, you will get to where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news. You go, Judy. Tell your therapist that your readers are cheering for you and her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear this, my sweet Judy! Sorry to be late reading. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Keep going and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those without connection to Facebook, Judy passed away yesterday. Her sister was with her. She was an amazing woman and will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she was amazing. We are all going to miss her. :(

      Delete
    2. Godspeed, Judy. You were special and I wish you much happiness in your afterlife.

      Thanks for letting us know. Very much appreciate the closure.

      Delete
  7. Such sad news. RIP Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this sad news. She was an amazing woman and I will miss her. RIP Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sincere condolences to Judy's family and close friends. It was a pleasure to check in here and hear her stories. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came to see how Judy was doing. I am so sad to hear she passed. That is so sad. I hope she can RIP. I will truly miss her posts. 😭

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear this. RIP Judy. Hope you're dancing with Fred now. Glad she had someone from her family with her at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just now thought to check comments to see if there was news. Will certainly miss Judy. Enjoyed her so much.

    ReplyDelete