title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 14, 2022

 Pretty much doomed to living the rest  of my life in this old folks home, and no reason to get too enthused to break 100 years old/ it occured to me I should help the greater cause of the greater.

Some of us wear BiPAP breathing machines.  Haven't I read that they are suspposed to be cleaned?  I've had mine 2 months--it has never been cleaned--I think they rinsed the water cup out once.

I discussed with night-time hear nurse.  She said they had already been tying to figure which department/which maintenance under-department and she thanked me for ,concern.

I am greatly assured as we strap on our masks and feel the deep slither of dirty/water salmonella, germ buggies slide to the deepest reaches of our lower lung lobes. 


8 comments:

  1. Tubing should be washed weekly, and the whole machine monthly.
    From when my mom was in the nursing home, you must advocate for yourself, and if you can not ,get a family member to do it. Sometimes you just have to be the biggest pain in the rear end they've ever seen to get anything done. Something like meds or your machine,that is very important, you just keep telling them until they do fix it. Document everything, every time you make a request, and it's ignored, document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice from Plain Jane. I can send you a little notebook if you'd like. Do you have visitors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopeful they will figure out who is responsible for cleaning, Judy. Surely someone who works there knows how important that is. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cleaning the CPAP machine on schedule and in the right way is very important. My husband was very meticulous about doing that. I hope you keep pushing so they figure that out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a way you can clean it? Depending on a maintenance person might be difficult. Keep asking them to do it. Are you in assisted living? I hope you have a great week Judy. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jane too! Make a huge fuss! Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although very happy to see a post from you, I am terribly upset for your situation. Please keep your wits and keep fighting the good fight, even when it feels so futile. Like your other "advisors" have said, raise a fuss and see to it that the breathing machine is cleaned, because, yes, it's very important to your lung health. I am hopeful that your family is close by and can see to it that you get the help you need. Wish I lived in your neck of the woods, I would gladly come see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dudette! I'm having a B-day soon, soon
    2B old... and you're gettn-up-thar as we
    ALL do, right? No prob. In 7thHeaven,
    dear, we'll ALL be 21? 25? forever and
    ever. Or 33. Some dudes who live to be
    thousands O years old N still they're
    25!! Puh-Ray-Zah Gawwd!! God worx
    miracle after miracle. sHe worked a
    bloody-beautiful-brilliant Miracle-Gro
    in our accident, miss gorgeous:
    ● en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ●
    Cya soon, girly-withe-curly...

    ReplyDelete