title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 2, 2020

A Shocking Experience

 

I had not felt well most of the week.  My blood pressure was high as was my pulse rate.

I woke up in a sweat on the morning of October 29th.   My blood pressure was 197 and my pulse rate was 135 beats per minute.  My balance was off and I found it difficult to walk.

I had started a new drug—Metoprolol Extended Release on the 9th of September and it had been working well to keep my pulse rate and BP within normal ranges.

On October 7th, I had a heart monitor to wear for a week.  The results had come back that there had been “no events” with my heart and everything was normal.

On the morning of the 29th, I took my Metoprolol Extended Release pill.  An hour later, I found I couldn’t stand or walk without becoming weak and faint feeling.  The rest of the morning and early afternoon, I stayed in my chair, only getting up to go to the bathroom.  I had to hold onto the table and the wall to walk to the bathroom without fainting.  I thought perhaps I had a mild stroke.  I prayed off and on most of the day for God to help me.

Around 4:00 in the afternoon, I was sitting in my chair, reading, when all of a sudden I felt an electric shock hit my upper right arm, cross my body and go out my upper left arm, it jolted me.  This was immediately followed by extreme cold inside my body.

I didn’t have a chill.  My skin wasn’t cold.  It was icy cold in my body core—from chest down to my hips.  This lasted for a few seconds and was gone.

I put my book down and laid back in my chair, trying to breathe normally and relax.

About a half an hour later, I noticed that my head was clear.  I got up and walked to the bathroom with no feeling of faintness nor weakness.

I felt quite well, although tired, for the rest of the day and evening.

I had an appointment with the Cardiologist on October 30th.  I woke that morning feeling well.

I walked from the car into the Cardiologist building with no problem, my balance seemed fine.  My BP was 174/68.  My pulse rate 66 bpm.

When the Cardiologist came into the exam room, we talked about the heart monitor test and she said it was great.  I had no problems with my heart.  Then I told her of what had happened the day before.

She said she had never heard of such a thing and asked me to describe how it had felt again.  As I told her of the “shock”, she just stared at me. 

“There is no physical explanation for that happening,” she said.  “I have never heard of anything like that.  Maybe you were touched by an Angel,” she said and then laughed.

I was still feeling good when I left her office that I drove into Brighton, stopped at the Meijer gas station, then on to the Meijer grocery store where I spent an hour buying groceries.  I drove home, carried in all the groceries and put them away.

Although my back hurt, which is normal after a grocery trip, I felt fine.  That evening, my blood pressure was 145/66, my pulse rate was 62.

I have tried to find out what caused this “shock”.  I have Googled it and searched.  There is nothing even mentioned about such an event.

I wanted to document it before I forgot the details.  I have no explanation.  It cannot be explained.  I give all the credit to God.  What else could it be?

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling ok now, and hope that doesn't happen again, Judy. I guess your dr didn't think it was that medication?
    Your pulse is great! Mine was until blood pressure started going up.
    Listen, also please don't mention anything about my brother on my FB; and I'll let you know how he does. Thanks for prayers.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe divine intervention. I'm glad you are feeling better! I bet that was scary! The doctor would have known if the medication had caused a shock. Sounds like your praying paid off and now you are back on track. Can you pray tonight for all those voters to get out and vote for Trump! We need a red wave from the East Coast to the West Coast! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary event! Your heart doctor might not know what caused it but there IS a cause. Taking a new drug with the words 'Extended Release" in the title sure would send me to Dr. Google, though, to look for interactions with over-the-counter stuff including vaping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you don't need Halloween for a fright like that. I'm glad you're feeling better. Stay well, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you are doing well. That was scary!!! And kind of spooky....but in a good way since you are okay....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kind of surprised your cardiologist was stymied by the "shock," as our hearts have electric currents going through them all the time. My husband's cardiology office even has one doctor they call the electrician because that is what he specializes in, the electrical currents of the heart. A friend of mine sees him as she has a pacemaker which keeps the electrical charges in order. Perhaps your heart got out of rhythm and managed to shock itself back into normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This current didn't seem to have anything to do with my heart. It went from right upper arm, just below my neck across and out my left upper arm.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh such a scary event, you have always had such great health. it is good to document all of the details/symptoms, i'm glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it were me, I'd get a second opinion on those side effects. And write things down ... keep good care of yourself! Your notes will help eveyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jude--are you feeling ok? Just thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is scary! I wonder what it was. I don't know my pulse rate but I went to the dentist the other day and my BP was 125/62 or something close to that. I'll take it. Since I am not a doctor and don't even play one on TV, I won't speculate about anything going on with your health, but I'm glad you are feeling better. That is a lot to be thankful for. xoxo

    ReplyDelete