title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, October 8, 2020

 Yesterday I got to drive up the road to the Cardiologist's office and get a heart monitor stuck on my chest.  Not one of those hold fashioned Holter Monitor's with the 20 leads stuck all over your chest and a heavy bag to carry around on your shoulder, this one is small.



It has a smart phone sized recording and battery pack that I have to keep within 30 feet of me and if I have a "symptom", like a rapid heart rate, I put the info into the smart phone thingie.

I guess this the newest thing out there and probably the Cardiologist is promoting it, as there were 3 other people in the office getting one stuck on their chest too.

Well, since, at my suggestion, they changed my one med to a time-released one, my heart rate has been in the 60's and my BP in the 126 range, SO--I don't think I am going to have any symptoms to record, but..............it's kind of cool.....to have a mini EKG recording all the time.

In a week, I take it off, bag everything up and Fed Ex it back to the maker, where they check the readings and send a report to my Cardiologist...which I see again on Oct. 30th.

========================

Did you watch the VP debate?  I didn't, but the big news seems to be there was a fly sitting on Mr. Pence's head for two whole minutes and he just ignored it.

I don't watch any of the debates anymore.  I am not an undecided voter and I don't need to waste my time listening to lies and misinformation and the interrupting and rude behavior that seems the content of our debates.

Which reminds me.  I gotta get my absentee ballot up to the township clerk's drop box.  It's only a mile away--an easy drive and drop off.

=====================

My Jennifer is here from New Jersey, on a business trip.  The first time since the shutdown in March.  Karen is going to have a cook-out on Saturday so we can all get together.  I am going because it is the only way I will get to see Jen.  On these trips from NJ to the MI law firm she works for, she is always too busy to drop in--or at least that is the excuse I hear.

============

I hope my son Mark will be there.  His cancer has come out of remission and he has been in the hospital-out patient for more tests.  

I am finishing up all my medical appointments that were canceled in March.  Got my Flu shot the other day.  The week of the 19th, I have an appointment with the Pulmonologist to tell me that my lung CT scan was fine--which I already know because I read the report on my Patient Portal and then the 22nd I have a dental cleaning.  I hate going to the Dentist.  Why do I hate going to the Dentist?  For a cleaning?  It's not like I have to have a root canal....or maybe I'm scared that she will find evidence that I DO need a root canal!

ARRGH!!!

See ya--Jude

 

12 comments:

  1. Technology is amazing. Were you having heart issues or is this preventative? Put the battery on the seat of a walker so you can walk where ever you want1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just preventative. I also think Michigan Heart wants to perhaps help out this company and wants to test this new monitor.

      Delete
  2. Technology for heart monitors has changed so much in recent years---well, for everything medical actually. You October sounds like mine, filled up with doctor appointments to get them all out of the way before winter.

    I have to wonder about anyone who truly says they can't make up their mind who to vote for at this point in time. I did watch the debate but I didn't notice the fly on Pence's hair at the time. It sure got a lot of air time afterward, on all the late night comedy shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that "we" may be in lockdown again in November, so getting myself covered. Gotta make an appointment to get a hair cut too.

      Delete
  3. Got to love modern technology! I watched about 5 minutes of the debate, which means I missed the highlight..the fly on Pence's hair! I cannot believe that it was even mentioned anywhere at all! I pray I never have to hear Harris talk again! Something about her voice really irritates me! Enjoy your visit with your daughter and I will keep your son in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voice irritates me too, Nettie.

      Delete
    2. So sad to hear you both say this about Kamala. Perhaps it's a California accent? I don't know, but I find her delightful to listen to. Unlike that Supreme Court nominee. I'm glad we won't hear her speak very often.

      Delete
  4. UGH! I hate going to the dentist -- although mine, along with all of his staff, is a lovely person -- and in fact I despise going to the doctor at all. It is so annoying and time-consuming and invasive and just plain boring. BUT it must be done and I am glad to know that you have made up for all of your missed appointments from the spring. That's a clever little heart monitor you've got there ... be careful you don't get all conceited about it, haaaahaha!! Just kidding. I watched the presidential debate ... well to be exact I played solitaire on my computer while they yammered ... mercy -- UNDECIDED? Who could possibly be undecided in this day and age? Not me. I shall vote in person and we will see what is allowed to happen. I have lost all hope of an election even halfway resembling "fair." xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this deep down feeling that the person you and I mark will lose.

      Delete
  5. I read on FB that your tests came out good,such a blessing.

    So sorry to hear about Mark; I'll keep him and you in my prayers.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, how'd those tests turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If getting herpes cure was that easy then why do people still suffer from herpes? I was diagnosed of herpes back in 2014 and i was also told it has no cure,I have been leaving with it since then, but i kept praying and doing everything possible to get cured, so i never stop doing research about finding a cure,I came across testimonies about people getting cured through herbal medication and i have always believe in herbs and its medical properties, after doing so many research about it i found DRASHAOSEMUDIAMEN and I discovered he was a professional in herbal medication and he has also helped many people,I contacted him through his mail: DRASHAOSEMUDIAMEN@GMAIL. COM, and +2347052021645 we talked on phone and i confirmed he was genuine,I did all what he told me to do, i received the medicine,use it as he prescribed,and glory be to God almighty i am completely cured, i went back to my doctor to confirm it.do not be deceived THERE IS A CURE FOR HERPES. He is also good at saving you from any kind of diseases like Herpes.HIV/aids.Gonorrhea.Cardiac problem.cold sore.Hpv cure.Cancer.Watering sperm.Womb fertilization.Penis erection.Witch craft attack.S T D diseases.Internal heat Rashes.Fibroid.Low sperm count.Dairy.long sickness.I promise I will always testify for your good work. drashaosemudiamen@gmail. com or whatsapp +2347052021645 GOOD LUCK.  https://www.facebook.com/Drashaosemudiamen  
    https://dr-asha-osemudiamen.webnode.com  

    ReplyDelete