title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, March 29, 2020

I think President Trump was trying to be upbeat and make people feel more positive about this whole "isolation" when he spoke of being "open" by Easter Sunday.  Most of us knew that wasn't going to happen and of course, the Doctors Fauci and Brix knew that wasn't going to happen.  This whole crisis is just getting underway to my way of thinking.



So we have another month of "Stay Home. Stay safe.  Save lives".

I'm afraid some people I know are going to be worn thin emotionally.  Poor Dar.  Cooped up in her house with her 96 year old Dad,  She is used to going somewhere almost every day.



I think to myself, this is the way I've lived for the last 8 years.  There is something to be said for being a semi-hermit.  Each day feels pretty normal to me...except knowing that the Pestilence is just outside the door and right around the corner.

===================
I did have a lovely weekend however.  I got e-mails from both my Grand Girls with photos of their babies.  I got an e-mail from Jennifer!  They are in New Jersey and her husband's office is just 12 miles from New York City.  Her daughter, Elise, my youngest Granddaughter sent me a lovely thank you e-mail for her birthday card and money.  Elise was 16, so I took a 10,5 and 1, laid them on a towel and sprayed them with Lysol and let them dry.  When I got her card made, I cut out a strip of paper like the ones that come around a stack of money and wrote, "Clean Cash.  This money has been disinfected."  She got a kick out of that.

I called my sister and we talked until both our phones were needing a charge.  We understand each other so well and each have a---I don't want to say dark humor--maybe a gray humor.  We were laughing hysterically until we both started coughing and then kidded, "Oh no!  We've got the bad buggies!"  Her birthday was yesterday.  68!  I never thought I'd live long enough to see her get that old.


One of my nearby Face Book friends had posted that she couldn't find any flour on the store shelves and she was baking home made bread and cookies and rolls to keep from going insane.  I was kidding when I commented, "I have a 5# bag of Gold Medal flour.  I will barter for 2 jugs of Diet Pepsi and......she took me up on it and brought the Pepsi over this afternoon.  She was so happy to get the flour I thought she was going to cry.  Plus, she gave me half a loaf of home made bread.  Yummy.


Yesterday Karen e-mailed me that she needed to make a shopping run and for me to send her my list---which I did.  She came by at 10:30 and brought my groceries in and put them just inside the front door.  I was teary and wanted to hug her so much, so---she said, "Mom you and I have both been quarantined for 10 days.  You aren't sick and I'm not either," and she grabbed me in a big hug--we made sure our faces were turned the other way.  No kisses, but lots of I love you's.


It was very special of her because we shop at different stores, but she went to the store where I normally shop so she could put in my "number" and got  $3.00 off my amount.


Dar came over and brought me the largest container of Clorox wipes I have ever seen.  They will last me the rest of my natural life.  I wiped down my counter tops, my phones, keyboard, my purse, wallet, car keys and the bottom of my shoes.

The groceries that Karen dropped off this morning--I wiped down the Pepsi jugs and put them away, put the items that needed refrigeration in the freezer--that ought kill any bad buggies and the rest will sit in their sacks for 72 hours before I put them away.  

I'm not a real germaphobe, but every time I watch the News, I get scared and think I should be more careful.

I have managed to find my two favorite Pastors that I normally watch on TV on Sunday morning, on a live stream on my computer.  It seems difficult for them to preach to an empty church.
Now, every time the cuckoo clock sings, I say, "Dear God, please help us", and now, while I wash my hands, I say the "Lord's Prayer".  I try to remain cognizant of the fact that God is the only one who can keep us safe in times like this.
=========================
This baby looks like no one on either side of the family!  Only 3 weeks old.


Laying on the quilt I made for him.
He looks so little

Gotta have him in a Spartan onesie.


He has this blonde hair that if they don't
keep it wet down, springs up in little spikes
all over his head!
He was baptized on St. Benedicts Day because
his first name is Benedikt--and then 6 more names.
Look at that hair and those bright blue eyes
peeking out.

Harrison and Della
Harrison is 7 1/2 months old and already
pulling himself up to stand by furniture.
His big sister adores him!


Until next Sunday--Stay Home.  Stay Safe,.  and wash your hands and don't touch your face!!!

10 comments:

  1. That baby is so darn cute laying on your quilt and I laughed right out loud at his hair standing up in the baptism photo. Glad you're doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter looks so much like you! She is a beautiful girl, and her baby boy is so
    Precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing well and that people have gotten items you need to see you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lover your bartering. It's what we have to do in drastic times.

    Yes, keep praying. It's the best thing we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The greats are adorable; love the hair on the baby.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family is everything. I'm glad I'm an introvert like you ... this is working just fine for me. Home classes started today ... each adult spends one hour with each boy. I'm incredulous at the "easy" math word problems for Kindergarten! I read them to him then he can color around and then write the answer. Mr. 9 struggles with math and is VERY distractible. So we will be using my office for him, for math.

    Your progeny are ADORABLE! Keep sharing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Judy, I'm baking also. I have white flour and rye, but soon I'll be looking for whole wheat. Sharing the bread I bake with my family is being wonderful for me. I'm so glad that your family is shopping for you too. This virus does have the silver lining of bringing us all closer together. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to make our family traditional Easter bread this past weekend but could not find yeast anywhere! I checked 3 different stores and no luck! Yes, I go to the stores when I need to. I wear a mask and wash my hands good before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your karen seems like a very kind soul, i'm glad she is helping you!! we wipe everything off when we come home...but with that said, chuck has only been food shopping once, we were pretty stocked up and i get my home chef meals!!

    i would have paid you big dollars for that flour!!!

    ReplyDelete