title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 24, 2020


Pondering on the Coronavirus. Bad stuff! I'm glad I don't live in a big city like New York or Boston--where to get anywhere you gotta ride a bus, train or subway. Packed in with people you have no idea if they are healthy or carrying the Virus.

How about Detroit? No cases yet, but very easily could be. Innocently going to a concert at Ford Field or where ever and catching this deadly disease.




No--I'm not a germaphobe, but I do try and stay away from crowds this time of year and sanitize my hands the minute I get out of the store and back in my car. Then after I carry the bags in, wash my hands.



Hey--I grew up in the era of Polio when they had no idea what caused it and so perhaps I am more cautious?

This Coronavirus is one tick on the clock away from being a world wide pandemic.

====================
We have had 5 days of pure sunshine.  A very mild winter, but now it appears, winter is coming back for a major slam.  I am seeing reports of 7.1" here and one model shows 9-10" here.

Well, I had to go to the store to get more cat food--per usual and was out of water and milk and Diet Pepsi, so I'm ready for whatever Mother Nature brings our way.
============
I am working on a nice long genealogy and have another smaller one waiting and got a call this morning to do one for a friend.  Her family is from Hungary so it's going to be tough to find many ancestor's.  The Russians had control of a lot of those countries and the Commie's burn a lot of records, so somethings are near impossible to find.  But I told her I'd give it my best.

Genealogies bring in a little extra money--the better to afford to buy cat food.  Maybe one of these days I'll get enough tucked away so I can buy a new pair of blue jeans.  Mine are wearing out.  LOL
===================
March is just around the corner and March and September are when I have my various doctor's appointments.  I called this morning to make one for the 16th and the 18th, then will see my primary guy for my Medicare Wellness check-up on the 26, with blood work done a couple of days before.
=============
My granddaughter Maddie is due on March 4th.  I am so nervous!  She is a nurse and has to work double shifts sometimes and plans on working right up to when she goes into labor.  She will be so tired, how can she ever push a baby out?

I just don't know about this modern day society.  Woman wanted to be equal and all that and have put themselves in positions where they work harder than men.  And men don't have to abuse their bodies by having babies and then recovering and going back to work while they are still nursing those babies.

Well, maybe all the exercise she gets from walking the hospital aisles will give her an easier labor?

5 comments:

  1. One of the ladies I have brunch with twice a month is going to be on a cruise ship for a week. I really hope she doesn't come to brunch right after she gets back because I can't think of a better place to pick up the virus than on a cruise ship! She's not worried. I am.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All different kinds of virus!
      I have no desire to take a cruise--never have.
      I like to keep my feet on the ground. LOL

      Delete
  2. Dear Judy, I'm mostly homebound and so perhaps, if the virus is around here in the Kansas City metropolitan area, I may escape it. Hope you do, too. I so hope your grand-daughter has no problems delivering the baby or recuperating while caring for the baby. How many weeks does she get off to bond? Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She gets one week before her due date and 6 weeks after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, has Maddy had her baby? Sending oodles of love for baby, momma, grandma and great grandma!

    ReplyDelete