title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 17, 2020

Dentist the other day.  Just a cleaning and check-up by the Dentist and of course, she found two teeny cavities, so I have to go back and I don't really like the dentist's chair!

It seems that all my teeth hurt.  Pulling away from the gums, deep pockets at the gum line.  I am now using a special toothpaste, but it's probably too late to help.

Question--do you remember back in the day when we pronounced gums, "gooms"?
==================
I was planning on going to the Old School Gal Pals lunch, but we got heavy snow that morning, so it was canceled.  I'm glad because it was at a restaurant that is a bit further than I like to drive, and my sister wasn't home, so no visit with her to use as an excuse to go.  I'll try and make it next month.
====================
This CBD balm/lotion/cream, whatever it is really works great!  I can't believe it.  I think the CBD pain patches work best, but they can get expensive.  They are only suppose to bring relief for 24 hours, but the last one I used on my back...I left it on 3 days and after I took it off...my back hasn't hurt since!  3-4 weeks ago?  I keep waiting for the pain to come back because there is no way that little patch could help pain that I have had for 5-6 years!!!
=================
I paid the rest of the month's bills today and have $1.33 left in my checking account.  Keeping a lot balance like that, keeps hackers away.  HAH!

I am working on a nice genealogy, with one waiting in the wings.  You know I get obsessed with this research and working up the pages AND it sure helps bring in a little bit to help my finances.

Personally, I think I am better than that guy on TV show "Finding Your Roots"; Henry Louis Gates who does genealogies for important people.  I usually find more ancestor's than he does and he has a whole staff that travel to Europe, or scan records in Libraries and people pay him thousands.  He does give them a huge, in colored pedigree chart, which is something I cannot do.  Oh...I do pedigree charts, but they aren't in color and 4'x6'! LOL
===================
Not much to do the rest of this week.
There is a good mini-series on the History Channel about George Washington.  In real life, he wasn't anything like what we studied in school.  He lied all the time.  Had a temper and at times, was none too bright.  Which shows to go ya, politics hasn't changed much in the last 250 years.
=====================
See ya later--Jude

8 comments:

  1. I remember 'gooms'. I wonder if it was a regional pronouncement.

    How do you get genealogy records from Europe? Do you use translation software to understand the documents you find? I had to find a translator for some Italian documents and wonder if there is an easier/cheaper way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way I can get back into European records is to pay $149.00 for a month's use. Since I can't charge my clients that much, I just go as far back as I can on other search sites. You'd have to hire Louis Gates. LOL

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed saw Bill Clinton talking on the Washington thing and he wouldn't watch anymore! Ha! My son said he had read a couple of biographies on him and they all differ some! We used to think our history bpoks and lessons were like the Gospel truth, didn't we? Now, people rarely think the Gospel itself is true! Oh man!
    So glad the patches are helping so much! Hope those cavities don't cost so much, friend! Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're having dental gum issues. Yeah, our history was so white-washed and we were supposed to remember all those dates. If we'd been given a few more true stories that those people weren't so perfect it might have been more interesting. I didn't really get that interested in it all until a required course in college and we started talking about Machiavelli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My teeth are more noticeable these days as well. What kind of toothpaste are you using?

    So happy you found CBD patches that work for you! Hooray! So far (at my 68 years young age), no chronic pain.

    THANKS for blogging. I still page through the genealogies you did for me. Excellent research. Some cousins have been sharing old photos so I must get them into the family tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Judy, I haven't been blogging--visiting blogs--for several weeks and so I'm not sure what the CBD balm is. Please let me know. Since it's helped you so much, I figure it might help me also! Peace.

    ReplyDelete