title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, January 25, 2019


When I picked up my new glasses last Friday and couldn't see through them, Miss Snippy at Walmart inferred I didn't know how to look through progressive lenses. I told her I have been using progressive for 20+ years. She told me to take my glasses back to my eye doctor because his prescription might be wrong.


Wednesday I went back to the Ophthalmologist--an eye doctor M.D. and they checked my glasses and found out what was wrong. The area used to look at computer and for reading were too small. They wrote her a note and back up to Walmart I went.

I got Miss Snip again--she remeasured my eye placement and said the lenses were exactly as the prescription read. I asked why everything was blurry unless I lifted the glasses up higher on my face.

She then decided I needed to come back, with my old glasses and my new glasses and they will check to see if they need to make new lenses.

I thanked her and smiled a lot, but she is a cold one. Probably hates working with old crotchety people--even though I did not complain and honey was dripping out the corners of my mouth.

So, to soothe my soul I bought myself a nice hot hamburger for supper....and French Fries.



Thursday I had to pick up a prescription at Walmart so I also went back to the eye glass section. Miss Snippy was busy with another customer, so I got a new guy named Joe.


He looked at the new glasses. He looked at my old glasses.
He had me try on each pair and he proclaimed: "The frames are too big. They rest on your cheek bones and that places your sight lines at the wrong position for your eyes."

So Joe trots over to the frame display, brings back 4 styles, which I try on and he and I decide on a frame style.
When I took a closer look, I realized it is nearly the same style I have been wearing for the last two pair--8 years.

Gold wire across the top, rimless on the bottom with adjustable nose piece. Only the ear stem pieces are a different color.

HAH on me!
$300.00 for new glasses and no one will even notice.
It's okay. I only wear glasses in the house, so it doesn't matter--just be nice to have a bit stronger lens the better to see you with, My Dear.

Joe solved my problem in less than 35 minutes.  I will get new frames and lenses and it won't cost me anything.
=====================
We didn't get our Indian Summer warmth in October and by the looks of it, we have missed the January Thaw.  I am thoroughly convinced the Wood Chuck is dead in his burrow and we will miss out on his spring prediction.

It is bitter cold here--air temperatures and with the wind chill--hypothermia can set in as quick as 10 minutes.  It is predicted that next week will be dangerously cold.  Below zero air temps with the wind chill bringing them down into the -30 degree range.  Plus a foot of snow predicted to fall on us next Monday.

I don't mind being snowed in.  With the bitter cold, I won't be going out with my car anyway, so I might as well stay inside.  I fear things like a power outage--although we have only had one that lasted 2 hours since I've lived here.  All our lines are buried in this park...however, if a big transformer out on the highway went out--we'd be in trouble.  So glad my sister and son Mark have whole house generators.
===================
I don't want to get political, but I am sick at heart with the new abortion law that New York state passed.  A child can be aborted and killed up to the time it is born?  They say it is for the sake of the mother--if she had a problem delivering, they could take apart the baby inside her.

That simply is not true.  At that stage, every gynecologist in the United States says they would do a C-section and deliver child and mother safely.

You know, if this was a law, having to do with dogs/cats, the animal rights people would be up in arms.  I bred my dog, but a week before she was to deliver, I changed my mind and wanted the vet to remove those puppies and kill them.  I'd be put in jail for animal cruelty!!!!!

I can see the future....your child is 8 months old.  You discover they have Autism or Down's Syndrome.  You don't want to be saddled with that, so you just make arrangements to have the child put down.  The Law will state that it is okay up to the time a child celebrates his first birthday.
===================
You don't see that?  Too Dystopian for you?

A child is as much alive at 8 months in the womb, as he is at 8 months in the cradle.  What's the difference?

Our society is becoming barbaric and more and more evil.

15 comments:

  1. I fear the power outrages too. We get them from time to time but they never last more than four hours. But the would be too long in the winter!

    The new law in New York still does not allow a woman to get a 3rd trimester abortion-on-demand like it's being portrayed in some circles without a clear cut, black and white medical reason where the fetus is NOT viable and the woman's health is crisis. It takes the decision to abort out of the criminal code in cases like this. It's not an extension of the laws that govern 1st and 2nd trimester abortions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. How could anyone do that to an unborn baby? I don't believe in any abortion, but this is unbelievable what is happening in NY.
    I agree with you, what is next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely get new frames. They are so expensive. Maybe every 10 years or so. I just have new lens prescriptions put in the old frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got new glasses/frames too. They had to increase the size of the frames because the lenses had to be bigger because my prescription called for stronger strength. At least that is how he explained it to me.

    Yes, I thought the same thing about the new 'law' in NY. I hated seeing the cheering. How has women's rights become defined by abortion? As I've aged my mind has changed about it, but if you read about Gosnell (Just goggle his name) then it would make you cringe. I followed his trial when NO ONE in the MSM did and it was horrible, then read the well documented book, and of course the movie (haven't seen it) was nearly forbidden from being shown in theatres. I don't know, why is it that opposing views can't be like it used to be? Why is it we can't have debate any longer, each side so entrenched into their side? I don't understand, I always thought debate was healthy. Nowadays it will get your slimed and smeared and you'd better just go quietly into the night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found glasses you like and this can be straightened out. I hate aggravation like this.
    We've had some cold weather, but it was a little warmer yesterday and today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need new glasses and it absolutely kills me to spend what they charge. i'm not sure why, i can afford them but geeeeez the cost a small fortune!!

    i don't mind getting snowed in either, in fact i rather love it!! and we have a generator, so i don't have to worry about loosing power!!

    we have had almost no snow this winter, 2 dustings...i'm not sure i am going to be able to make my snow angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Jean said, the headlines do NOT tell the story! Media hype to get people stirred up.

    My turn to get glasses now. At least my Medicare policy pays for the exam ... every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First babies. Next we’ll pass bills to eliminate older people. Maybe teenagers? ALL life is precious! What a selfish society!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First babies. Next we’ll pass bills to eliminate older people. Maybe teenagers? ALL life is precious! What a selfish society!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are currently 9 other states plus DC that allow abortions up until time of birth. We must be informed and stand for what’s right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you got your eye glasses figured out. I need new ones but that will take a back burner for awhile.
    We are cold and will get 6 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow. I wish I could settle in and wait it out but sadly I have to work
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The people who stood and cheered for that law are degenerates who will burn in hell. And the sooner the better. And yes; I do believe that what you described is coming. God help us.

    Please stay safe and warm in that awful cold!

    The "lady" who works at my eye doctor's office is rude and hateful too. Impossible to talk to, bossy, condescending, patronizing, and just plain nasty. And I need new glasses too. *sigh*

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you got new glasses anyway! I need to do that--I have used these frames forv11 years, and I just use readers to do reading, handwork or computer.
    I am thinking of you with the awful temps you are having! It's supposed to be 15° by morning here; can't imagine what you end up with! Wish we had understand ground wires here!
    It's nice when people can have generators! We don't, but I can dream!
    Stay warm, Jude!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, I keep thinking of you and wondering how you're doing in this terribly cold weather. I'm hoping you're staying warm and no power failures or frozen pipes, etc. We're cold here, in the 20s-30s, but thankfully no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't stand that you've had so much trouble with eye glasses, and that snippy woman! Hope all will be well now.

    Your experience with them is exactly like the one I've had over home with my phone dying. I've never been talked to like they talked to me, and the company will be hearing about it (not that it will do any good, but doing it anyway) LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete