title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, January 17, 2019

I'm glad you found me again, Jody!

I rode up to the funeral with Karen and Mark.  So glad I didn't have to drive!  It was so good to see my ex siblings and nephew, niece and cousins.  They all were very warm in their greetings and hugs.  Especially my nephew.  He and I were close when he was little.  I saved his life when he was 3 months old. He saw me when I first came in the church and came right over.  He's 6'4" now and 53 years old.  

On the way home from the funeral, Karen read me a text she had received from Jennifer. Apparently Jennifer had been checking assisted living places here in my county.  She had found a government housing apartment that would "only" cost 1/3 my income.  She wondered if, "Judy would be interested."  So now...she calls me her Mother, Judy?  That sorta knifed my heart.

I told Karen that I didn't like living in an apartment because I like living in a single unit that has windows on all four sides, and no neighbor's noise on my outer walls and that the rent at 1/3 of my income, would be more than I pay here!

Then I said, "You could let Jennifer know that when she gets the mother-in-law suite finished in her new mansion, JUDY would love to move in with her."
========================
Monday I had taken everything out of the bottom kitchen cupboards and had the things I had put aside for Karen and Mark to take home.  A big electric griddle, 4-slice toaster, bread machine for Karen and the mixer for Maddie.  It has all the attachments and should last her the rest of her life.


It must have been more of an emotional time for me than I realized, because after Karen and Mark left, I kicked back in my recliner and woke up 3 hours later.
===================


My house is still a wreck.  It looks like I am either moving in or moving out.

Slowly, and I do mean slowly, I will get it all back together.
========================
Toodles

13 comments:

  1. Gosh, Judy, I could even feel the stab of that knife in your heart! What did Karen say? Did you ask her how long Jennifer's been calling your 'Judy' instead of mom or mother? If she ever calls you that in front of you, I'd be tempted to say, "That's Mrs. Miller to you" but that would be snotty and mean-girlish. LOL

    My bedroom looks as messy has your photos above. I hauled stuff out of the closet and don't have the energy to put it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do a huge cleaning, cabinets and closets during the winter, i think it is the best time to do it!!! i don't want to be stuck inside during spring or fall!! plus i don't think i need to do a "big" cleaning on my house twice per year!!!

    so sad about jennifer. chuck's 3 siblings don't even speak to their mom. it's been at least 20 years since either of the girls have spoken to her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have always wanted one of those kitchen aid mixers but won't spend $ 500.00 on one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was "only" $300.00--on sale at Kohl's, six years ago. I love it, but don't use it anymore.

      Delete
  4. I too am envious of that stand mixer. I've always wanted one but have no room to store it. I bought a Breville juicer a few years back and it takes up the huge cabinet I have above my oven. I am going to put Terry's expresso maker into the far back corner kitchen cabinet, freeing up a bit more counter space, but still not enough for a stand mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of your offspring are VERY interesting! And not in a good way. But, whatcha gonna do?

    I cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets here when I first moved back. And three years later, it needs it again. We try to keep the counter tops clean so everything gets shoved into the cabinets. Because we still have too much stuff!

    Kate did get the giant freezer cleaned out and organized. Discovered we have three 2 lb bags of pecans! About 9 lbs of butter. Mostly my fault because when I couldn't find the butter or the nuts, I bought another at Costco. So now we know. I need to make a batch of spiced nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some fancy mixer, ma'am. She will love it and use it forever.

    Jennifer is a piece of work. We have to take them as the are, but sometimes it'd be nice to just wallop 'em on the butt.

    So nice that you enjoyed seeing your ex-siblings and nephew. I hate funerals, but sometimes we get to see people we haven't seen in ages, and it's kind of nice. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like funerals but it one way to catch up on news. My clients who I take care of pays there rent based on income. Both of them have pretty nice places.
    Coffee is on



    ReplyDelete
  8. that mixer is a wonderful gift.Life is hard and maybe a nap is what you needed to sort it out in your brain
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Judy, somehow, for me, the hard things that happen in winter seem especially alarming. The cold maybe. Sometimes there cold both within me and without. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are still my hero - you have a giant heart for others, and you still live life on your own terms, are super smart and gorgeous! I'd love to adopt you as my grandma (although I may be too old for that!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have been a grandma at age 36, if my son had a child at 18, like I had him when I was 18. So, now I am 79.You'd have to be around 43 to be my grandchild, but.............I could be your older sister if you'd like. Or just your older pal?

      Delete
  11. glad you got your eye glasses situation figured out! i did wear progressive but got like sea sick and the lines work better for me with my trifocals. but geez some of those workers sure dont have patience and when we are spending so much and use them everyday we need them to work for us! i see your cleaning out some! glad you found good homes for your stuff! always feels good to get rid of stuff and you had some great things to pass on! i love my kitchen aid mixer and hopefully someday my daughter will want it. i sure dont use it like i use too... enjoy your day Judy! we are expecting another 8-10 inches of snow. not sure where we will put it tho...

    ReplyDelete